37 Replies Latest reply: Dec 8, 2012 11:52 AM by Captin_chaos RSS

Raising UAV Scorestreak..Campfest

I woke up to this morning's update that included raising the UAV scorestreak from 350 to 425.  It has turned into CAMPFEST.  Since there is no longer a UAV going for your team almost constantly,  the campers on Domination are laying down in their spawn.  You were able to get a UAV by capturing the first two objectives and a defense kill.  Now you can make the first two captures, make it to the other team's spawn and WALLA!  2-3 people laying down.  It's okay to defend your objective, but you look at the scoreboard, and you got killed by someone with no captures, or only the one cap at the beginning of the round.  If UAVs were still constant, then you would see the person not moving. 

Same thing in Deathmatch, it gives an incentive to camp the whole game when UAVs are a little harder to come by. 

I thought that LIMITED UAV IS FOR HARDCORE. 

• Re: Raising UAV Scorestreak..Campfest
    anoreo

If people want their UAVs that bad, they can use Hardline. It's only a scorestreak, and it's not even that good anyways. UAVs don't last long when someone's rocking the PDA or the FHJ.

You are right, the UAV is not that great for yourself, but you are missing what I am saying, there is no longer a UAV in the air for your team almost constantly.  If there is one in the air, it gets shot down, but you can be sure in the next 15 seconds another will be up.  No longer - they are much harder to come by, and the ones that go in the air are shot down with no replacement soon after.  It's giving people incentive to camp, because there are only a couple of UAVs that stay in the air throughout the match.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I'm glad it was increased. Now people have to use their eyes instead of chasing red dots.

But it is giving people a reason to CAMP.  I like to know if someone is in the same are for a while.  If you dont like red dots, go play hardcore.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

So what if they camp? Camping is a valid strategy. As with campers, you know where they are. If you can't breach their defense then it's your problem. What the UAV does is make it easier and act like a crutch.

icyzyon

Its not a valid stratagy. But based on your name you are a camper and join your fellow campers in roasting marshmellows in the corner.

Tell me, why do you continue to waste $60 for sitting in a corner when you can sit in the corner for free in real life?

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

And who the hell are you to tell me how to play the game? You paid for my game? You're paying for my internet?

I will play the way I want to and I play both styles depending on the situation. I just don't run around like a headless chicken chasing red dots all over the map.

icyzyon

Pretty sure you don't pay for your internet and you didn't pay for your game. Mommy and Daddy do. So why don't you just calm down a bit, go ask mommy to pay attention to you and stop sticking you in front of a xbox or computer.

Im not predominantly a camper nor a run n gunner so i understand your position and respect it. I felt it was too easy to see everyone with the way the uav was initially set up esp with ghost being a half ghost..lol. in team match games, both rushers & campers are necessary for team success. One group attacks the other protects. In short, stick to your style and have fun.

SitRepPro

Camping is as a valid as a strategy as red dot hunting tbf.  I suspect I'll benefit from this change as I don't run Ghost nor suppressor usually as I need other attachments for LMGs but I'm not entirely convinced how good this change is what other people say it is.

You say UAV is a crutch but that can be said about other streaks, like the Predator Missile in MW2 and MW3, which take fewer kills to get than a UAV in BO2 (TDM only as it's the only viable comparison that I know of).  And it's not like you can chain powerful setups like you can in MW2 or MW3.

But it doesn't compare to the Emergency Aidrop from MW2.  8 kills gives you 4 care packages.  And that's not including the extremely powerful perks in the game.

wikked75

i actually started camping a bit before they changed this due to the fact that there were so many uavs, trying to run and flank someone became such a chore. even if using ghost, somewhere along the line i must have slowed down to much or tried to climb a rock or something... and running around the corner only to see that they reversed direction, laid down aimed down sight waiting for me.

so yeah, i started camping, letting them come to my red dot, using a launcher on every piece of air traffic i possibly could... the uav in the air is more of a reason for camping than anything else, in my opinion.

and on one of you other points, in domination, i try to have no more than 2 captures. mostly i run and cap b right at the start. i like to have a ton of defends, though. thats all that is needed.

UAV's should only be in core and HC should remain hardcore. Oh wait, they ruined hardcore this morning. My bad.

obzi

If it was meant to be up constantly then they would have put it there constantly instead of making it a scorestreak, some people rely on it far too much and it's made them lazy.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

Excatly.

Now that it's harder to acquire one, the red dot chasers are complaining. They depend too much on the UAV and without it, they are having a hard time finding the enemies. I believe that the UAV is a crutch used by bad players who uses it more than their eyes to locate enemies. They should have increased it higher and closer to the Counter UAV.

anoreo

If anything, I say the lack of UAVs would be a good thing. Remember MW3? Camping was predominant because you were gridlocked because people would run Recon+Flashbangs, sitrep pro, UAV, Advanced UAV, recon drones etc.

People have ghost now anyways so the radar isn't 100% reliable. People like me, who like their lightweights and flak jackets, can now run a little safer.

KoRny1

This game promotes camping no matter what they try and fix. The Lag Comp is so bad that players get pissed when they die in bull crap 1v1 encounters, so they decide to sit in corners of rooms in order to get the drop on enemy players that are ~1 second ahead of them due to lag. Camping is the only way to combat lag comp.

Scorr

People are obsessed with campers...

If you attempt like 3 or 4 times to kill a camper and you aren't succeeding, can't you just, you know, go around him?

If he is camping in a corner, and you are feeding him kills, it's you who is at fault, just warn your team and leave him be.

If they are camping an objective, then that's called playing the objective.

Swaggin412

I think it was a horrible idea to change the UVA score streak to 425, it was just fine at 350. Also the lightning strike now has a slight delay before the bombs are dropped, another stupid update IMO.

rankismet

TNwhathappened wrote:

I woke up to this morning's update that included raising the UAV scorestreak from 350 to 425.  It has turned into CAMPFEST.  Since there is no longer a UAV going for your team almost constantly,  the campers on Domination are laying down in their spawn.  You were able to get a UAV by capturing the first two objectives and a defense kill.  Now you can make the first two captures, make it to the other team's spawn and WALLA!  2-3 people laying down.  It's okay to defend your objective, but you look at the scoreboard, and you got killed by someone with no captures, or only the one cap at the beginning of the round.  If UAVs were still constant, then you would see the person not moving. 

Same thing in Deathmatch, it gives an incentive to camp the whole game when UAVs are a little harder to come by. 

I thought that LIMITED UAV IS FOR HARDCORE. 

So... you can't deal with them when you know they're there?

My god this game turned into Pac-man with guns.

Here's a hint, Patton.

Throw smoke... sensor nades... EMP nades... or... don't frakking rush at them.

Jeebus.

anoreo

Good point RAN. Often times, people think they are clever for not moving. More often than not you can get a hit marker with your frag grenade from direct impact because they just don't move. Hell, I got a nuke in MW2 because I tried capping a flag, failed, and people just wouldn't leave me alone and let me go back to my side of the map. Every time they died, they got even more persistent and more careless. So in a way they were fueling my camping because I was locked in position by very bloodthirsty people. None of these people threw flashes/grenades at all.

D4nth3m4n

This was always the likely outcome. Some people were just born to camp though.

I use Ghost on all my classes currently because you cant flank without it effectively plus lag comp means im 60-40 against in all 1v1s.. If there is a distinct lack of uav I might try a few diffent set-ups.

I love camping; it is a legitimate tactic and it also is fun hearing people complain about getting killed when they don't check corners.

Use your eyes instead of chasing little red dots.

IT IS NOT, a legitimate tactic. They complain because it's "cheap" and "ball-less". Check all the corners? Admit, a camper with thier crosshairs trained on a door, only has to look at one thing, maybe two at most. A player "PUSHING FORWARD" has to check at least 4 corners in a room, plus maybe 2-3 head glitch spots......who has the advantage?? DUH. It's too easy. Being in a lobby with several of these "players/campers", becomes a boring game of hide and seek. I'd back out but could face probation doing so. The best I can do is avoid those players, or camp as well. Avoid the players(wussies) but never camp myself. Although, how much can I blame the players, or you? It seems to be what Treyarch really wanted, with the way the maps were Barfed together. Cluttered like an episode of Hoarders. At least it's all good for the crouch walking everywhere/corner sitting/window glitchin' sissies!! Nice for you!

dosomething wrote:

IT IS NOT, a legitimate tactic. They complain because it's "cheap" and "ball-less". Check all the corners? Admit, a camper with thier crosshairs trained on a door, only has to look at one thing, maybe two at most. A player "PUSHING FORWARD" has to check at least 4 corners in a room, plus maybe 2-3 head glitch spots......who has the advantage?? DUH. It's too easy. Being in a lobby with several of these "players/campers", becomes a boring game of hide and seek. I'd back out but could face probation doing so. The best I can do is avoid those players, or camp as well. Avoid the players(wussies) but never camp myself. Although, how much can I blame the players, or you? It seems to be what Treyarch really wanted, with the way the maps were Barfed together. Cluttered like an episode of Hoarders. At least it's all good for the crouch walking everywhere/corner sitting/window glitchin' sissies!! Nice for you!

It is a legitimate tactic, you just haven't learned to adapt. Just because a person knows choke points and outguns you every time doesn't mean they are a camper; it just means they are smarter than you.

If you know where they are after they kill you once, then all you need is a grenade or a flashbang and you are in the clear. Camping has been in every videogame since the creation of online shooters, and trust me, it isn't going anywhere.

Dean-Winchester

this guy actually says he wants uavs in the air constantly.... he is one of the reasons that uav was bumbed up in the first place. i don't like to run and gun, and i never have. that is mostly what this game supports though, and i think treyarch realized this and thus the changes. the smgs are way to accurate when hip fired, the uavs were used every 15 seconds, ghost only works when moving constantly, etc. my suggestion is to find another way to get your easy kills other than spamming uavs. GOOD MOVE TREYARCH! THANK YOU!

All the other call of duties...i cant remember COD4 but you need only 2 kills to get UAV running hardline...now this game seems to think you need 5 kills for it?...i never noticed any problems with the other games with UAV...they obviously fked up ghost...this game is getting run into the ground fast...

UAV was a nice reward for you and for your team for a few kills...but now you might just as well go for orbital VSAT or stop playing the game all together because of the raging campfest that is about to ensue...

triiviium-

Are your really that bad that you cant get a score of 425? Im still getting them like crazy. I don't see the issue.

The problem with this game is the maps are way too small and everyone is sick of uav's and people will eventually camp all the time anyway now so this update was a waste of time because now everyone is scared to run out and get kills fact. In other words people rely on the uav too much

TDM and DOM were always campfests, use your eyes and move.

Dforums

Like it or not, camping has difinately increased.  Domination especially was painful.  A few thought it would decrease from the change, but that was not the case.

All this whining about people camping due to less UAVs... why don't you try this: add Hunter Killer to your killstreaks. Use Hardline. Extreme Conditioning. Lightweight. Capture A, then run to B and capture it. Surely there will be someone headed to B, so get the kill, 125 points for defense. Use a couple EMP grenades (50 points per destroyed equipment). Once you pick up the Hunter Killer and UAV, use them both, and throw the HK toward where they're camping. If they're laying on top of each other trying to camp their spawn, = possible double/triple kill = 50-75 additional points. If they wanna camp, farm then for points. It's real simple, and this is coming from someone with one of the worst connections on COD sometimes. 115KB/s down, 75KB/s up, 145ms ping. So, no use in trying to tell me that it works for me because my line is better than yours. Don't wanna hear that or any other excuses. Excuses are for noskill people. Like most of you, I actually terribly suffer from lag comp, horrible skill based matchmaking/regoinal matchmaking. I constantly get coupled with Puerto Rican players, and I am from the Northeast USA. I guarantee, even at 425, I can still pop a UAV within 45 seconds of any Dom game beginning. Guarantee it.

feraldeath

I eat campers. Cam pon

jpischke

I just finished playing a game of domination and it went the same as always, you have a few campers who get some kills but are at the bottom because they have no caps and the majority and people at the top have 5-6 caps and defends. I don't use hardline and I still called in a few uavs that game, teh only noticable difference really is you basically will get uav and rcxd at the same time if you are running both, which I happen to be because I am working on the kills challenge. Just finished another game on hijack and i cant say I even noticed a difference in the smgs, everyone is still running them and getting kills, I had no problem with the vector, in fact for some reason I was getting headshots easier. Some said they nerfed the remington, but again I didn't see any noticable difference, managed to get my last bloodthirsty needed for gold today . Not looking forward to trying to get that many one hit kills with the S12, but oh well just gotta grind through it.

Moofda

I'd much rather have the gameplay slow down a bit than what it was for me. The red dot lusting rusher zombies we're everywhere. No tactics, just complete smg'd laser UAV ridden chaos.

They'll be killed easier now if there is no constant UAV to rely on. Players who use their eyes and sense of where the enemy should be will probably do better now. I dont know for sure as I haven't played it yet, but I can only hope.

Plus maybe I'll get to play like old times and get to flank some stationary positioning lovers. As someone who loves to flank and surprise people, I'm excited about his.  Time will only tell. The scrorestreak didn't go up that much though, so it can't be that much different right?

IF THEY HAD JUST LEFT GHOST ALONE..................

NOW THEY ARE CHASING THERE OWN BUTTS........

TRYING TO CORRECT THIS...........

RAISE UAV, WANT STOP IT.........

JUST LEAVE GHOST ALONE, THEN RUN N GUN CAN CHASE THERE DOTS, ALL THEY WANT......

I DONT GET IT.....

TREYARCH CAUSED ALL THIS COMPLAINING BY CHANGING 1 THING ...OMG...