38 Replies Latest reply: Dec 9, 2012 3:50 PM by Knockers Branched to a new discussion. RSS

The R870 was the only real decent Core shotgun.

urbanevirtuoso

Then you nerf it -- for shame, 3arc. This pandering is poison.

• Re: The R870 was the only real decent Core shotgun.
    drgrincheux

Now, that's a piece of crap like the others...

Welcome to the Treyarch world where everybody use assault riffle all day every day.

SUM1SLY83

i loved this gun it worked how it should not used it though since the patch hope they didn't make it suck.

Actually it was about time to nerf this goddamn shotgun. I'm pissed off as well that the whole game concentrates on SMGs. Every single SMG was and still is overpowered.

Try to play "fast" (not camping, just moving) with an AR. It's impossible, because even with the M8A1 you need about three bursts to kill a guy who's next to you.

AR +

SMG -

Remington - (seriously, the weapon had a sniper-range for one-shot-kills)

Well, that's MY opinion.

MikeyLHolm

Woah shocker here, 1st game after WAW that ain't favoring ARs over SMGs?

urbanevirtuoso

The Remington had sniper range? Let's see you try hit the real snipers across Meltdown with it, then.

Nevertheless, the nerf on SMGs had merit to it indeed. The only real issue I found with them before was the crazy-good hipfire, and that was dealt with accordingly.

SUM1SLY83

so you think by nerfing a good gun to make it suck is the answer ? would a better answer be to buff the guns that suck and make them as good as the other guns ?

i know i would prefer all the guns to work well than for them to all suck.

don't get butt hurt when you camp an get owned with an SMG or SHOTGUN while your sat in a room with to claymores and shock charges on each door.

the people that run should have better fire power than the campers because they take more risks,what you going to do when all the run & gun guns suck and everyone starts to camp it would be pretty boring to sit in a corner waiting for someone to move.

cod is not a real shooting simulator it's suppose to be an arcade shooter,it's suppose to be fast paced.

tascore

all you dicks going on about "sniper range" are ******* retarded. did you even use it? with long barrel it was ok, without it was a struggle. even with long barrel the range was 15m, how is that sniper range? it could take 3+ hits at that range, think how long that takes with a pump action ffs

The R870 already had the lowest one shot kill range of any pump action in cod history.  The WAW trench gun wothut stopping power or steady aim could one shot kill FROM THE HIP and kill at abuot the same range as this 870 aiming down sight with the longbarrel attached. 

This 870 can At maximum one shot kill out to 12.5 meters while ads with longbarrel.  In a real online match with lag that range is cut to 10-11 meters.  To put this in perspective the mw2 spas with Sp and SA could one shot in an actual game out to 17 meters.  And the mw3 spas with damage could reliably kill from the hip with steady aim out to 15 meters in a real game and out to near 16.5 in splitscreen testing.

Your opinion is wrong

and lol to this sniper shotgun guy.. have you used a sniper rifle before son? dey hava schope! wheee

tascore

are you ******* serious? they listened to all the scrub machine gun guys ******** about the 870 and ****** it up? good fuckingt job. i really liked this game to start with, the new 10 point system and all is good, shotguns that didnt lick balls. my only gripe was smg recoil/spray or lack there of, if anything needed nerfing it was smg. now i struggle to get a game where i can actually get a hgit on someone even tho i have a 4 bar connection.... get 2-3 shots off with s12 (going for diamond sg's :/) and then get killed only to watch the kill cam of me running at him and standing there firing NOTHING AT ALL. i was just gonna spend the night in playing some bobs2, save some money. but after 5 games of thisd BS im ******* over it. think i'll just hit the pub

Holy ****, the range on BO2 shotguns was already worse than in any other CoD and they decide to nerf it more? What use does a shotgun have now other than sitting in doorways and waiting for someone to get in touching distance to kill them, and thats after decking the gun out with 2 attachments,

What other gun needs so many attachments to actually do well with? Not a gun you should be NERFING. thats what.

Rodbaker

This is not a big deal actually. They reduced the one hit kill range in 45 inches... thats 1,15m only...
    It still has a decend range 

This bullshit man. I cannot get jiggy with this ****. 8000 kills with the R870 and I enjoyed every single kill. I am a shotgun player primarily since the end of black ops 1 life cycle. My style: balls to the wall lightweight extreme conditioning toughnessr870 action. I've tried it since the new patch I get into similar situations, flanking and what not, but gun on gun action I am getting PLAYED. THEY SEE ME, AND BACK UP... EASY KILL. FUGGIN SUX AFTER getting used to playing with my blood diamond R870 and dominating FFA. I'M GOING TO MISS THE OLD DAYS. It's like the the Dark Ages of CoD is looming over us. It's a pump action Vahn. The range was imperative in my eradication of the terrorists. You gave into their demands and now the community will be the same ho hum SMG lobby. In any given lobby, 90% of the time I was the only shotgun player. 3days gametime. R.I.P Blood Diamond R870. It's been real. Sunrise 11-15-12. Sunset 12-7-12.

PS I hope your community is fuggin happy. Terrorists.

(Excuse the language, but I woke up this morning and this **** storm just sprung up on me, terrorist)

I cant believe they listened to the three 870 overpowered dumb**s crew. I used it a few times and it wasnt that good. The perfect map for it was hijacked. Some of these people probably got owned by it there and came here to complain

they got alot right in the patch but this is just stupid.  The gun wasn't OP, it was just good.  Lots of good guns in the game and none of them got a nerf. 

Essentially they just took the shotgun class out of the game.  the other 3 were worthless to begin with. 

Its almost like they want you to use an SMG.

Yup... Unfortunately Treyarch listened to the minority of n00bs that came on here raging because they got owned by it. -_-

Thembones

Blame the person who discover diamond camo and how he said to get you need gold for all the gun class. And what did find easiest to get gold yep so now everyone want a diamond R870

Whaa Whaa Please there are still folks running around getting OHK from halfway across the map and never even dying.  Noobguns are handicaps for the players who can't aim.  Just run around keeping your sights in the middle and hit Fire.  I picked one up once when I ran out of ammo and went 12-0 never touched one again.  Felt dirty using it.

Highwayman0226

As opposed to the run and gunner weapon of choice, the SMG?  The only difference is you shoot fast with the SMG, get lots of bullets and unlimited range.  The pump shotty, you get 1 shot in a face to face...if it doesn't kill, you die.

I loled at "half way across the map".  This 870 has the shortest one shot kill range of any pump shotgun IN ALL OF COD HISTORY.  I'm not even kidding.  Aiming down sight with the long barrel this shotgun can reliably get 10-11 meter one shot kills in an actual online game.  That is tied for the lowest with the world at war trench gun without stopping power or steady aim. This 870 is bad.

You want to know what noob guns really are?  They are fully automatic, high fire rate, low recoil weapons with infinite range.  They take no map navigation to use, you don't need first shot accuracy, and you don't need to worry if your bad aim makes you miss a couple of shots in a fight because the next one is coming in less than .07 seconds as opposed to the 870's .75 seconds per shot and that is if you know how to time it perfectly.

You have never used the 870.

semperfi550

I'm glad they nerfed this thing. That shotgun is a conection based weapon so only players with a good connection to the game can use it. I tryed and could never, ever get one shots with it. Yet players going around with 4 bars drop me in one shot without even trying. So again I'm happy this POS shotgun was nerfed. If half the community can't use than no one should be able to.

urbanevirtuoso

All weapons have a learning curve to get used to, even with lag present. To say things should be nerfed because you can't take the commitment to using them is asinine.

In fact, it's definitely easier to get CQC kills by spraying with an SMG than aiming with a Shotgun. It's a universal happening right now, so get those priorities straight.

JGDC74

I don't think this really needed nerfing, but it's not too bad now.

I've now got this gold, and second prestige so don't really mind.

The KSG is a decent shotgun if you want an alternative. You have to make more of an effort to aim it than the Remington.

I hated it at first, but with the right class set up this thing is awesome!

I knew it was coming,thank God I spent the night getting the gold cammo for it! I have yet to play post patch,but I imagine the 10 blood thirsty medals would be even tougher after a nerf.This gun was alot of fun to use,hopefully it isnt garbage now.

SUM1SLY83

i loved this game till patch 1.04 came out i only really use shotguns & smgs and they both play horrible now.

the R870 MCS was my favourite gun in the game now there's nothing left for me,i said i would never buy an infinity ward game again after how bad all the guns was in that game,now i think i'm finished with cod all together now.

just been using this gun for the 1st time since the patch and it's absolutely useless now,i've been getting nothing but hitmarkers even with long barrel this gun has lost it's kick it was perfect the way it was it's a pump action it needs to be put back the way it was because you don't get chance to get 2 shot's off,and the range well i can p**s further than it can shoot now.

is there anything all us that loved this gun can do to get treyarch to put it back the way it's was and deserves to be.

and to think i went through all the challenges for all the shotguns to get the diamond camo for this gun and now i feel it was just a waste of time the annoying part was playing with the KSG because that was a horrible shotgun.

how did all the people who got this gun nerfed get listened to by treyarch because we need them to listen to us and put it back how it was.

KSG is the way now u_U

Actually, the s12 is really good with extended clip and fast mag, I never really see people use it but its definitely good.

Highwayman0226

The 870 is pretty much all I've used, still working on gold on that.  S12 was the first shotgun I used, and OHKs seemed pretty rare.  It's not a big deal being a semi (other than unlocking camos, yikes!).  I stayed away from shotguns after using the s12 a couple matches, but grabbed an 870 by mistake one day.  I liked it quite a bit.  After gold on the 870, gonna try the KSG next.

SUM1SLY83

don't see why using another shotgun is the answer why should they nerf 1 to the point that it's useless just for people to use a different 1 that's better,that just doesn't make any sense to me why would you nerf 1 to the point than no1 will use it to play with another 1 that is better anyway.

that's like saying the next shotgun in line is overpowered if the 1 that got nerfed is now not the best or still as good as the next 1.

they need to put it back the way it was if any other shotgun will get picked over it what was the point in the nerf in the 1st place.

Nobody uses the S12 because the range is very short which makes the gun pretty bad. Half the time you can sit there and shoot at someone with the crosshairs right on them and hit nothing but air.

I started out playing shooter games on SOCOM and began playing COD when Black Ops came out. I have always enjoyed using the shotguns in shooter games but they have always been a gimmick kill. Not a gun that you would use when you were trying to play seriously and put up good scores, The R870 MCS was the first viable shotgun that have I used on COD between Black Ops, MW3, and Black Ops 2. It was the only shotgun I could pull ever pull out in a serious game and be able to keep up with the SMG's and assault rifles even at a shorter range. Yes, it was a good gun but with it's own limitations such as a slow fire rate, limited range (even before the patch) and a bit bulky for run speed, I used it for several hours of gameplay last night and it is no longer a decent weapon. The roughly three and a half feet of decreased range makes a HUGE impact on the effectiveness of the gun. It is now once again a gimmick weapon on COD .

My hope is that as time goes on they will understand the mistake that has been made in nerfing the R870 MCS and return it to a usable weapon. I will for now be forced to join in with the spray and pray SMG guys when I plan on engaging in CQB on COD in order to try to keep up. Here is to hoping you realize the error you have made in nerfing the only usable shotgun and changing it back to it's original form.

So I've played online games since, 94 or 95. Alot of what i look for is the community organizations, and all-around competitiveness, along with a strong system to play on. The lag issues in this game, I think will get sorted eventually because this affects alot of people - but i feel shotgun users might get overlooked because we're a much smaller group.

Never in a game, have i used a shotgun as effective weapon, no a top weapon really. Im pretty good at making it effective even though its really a joke option for serious players in most shooters. This one could actually stand against the AR and SMG guys that were getting up to 40 and 50 kills game. Its ******* annoying as hell that just because they find themselves getting owned by a shotgun for a change that it gets such a huge range reduction. Im not saying maybe it wasnt a little powerful, but come on 45ft? how about 20ft or 25ft reduction? I really hope treyarch considers this for their next patch, as it stands now, its barely the same gun.

God forbid we have one powerful alternative to quick scoping, SMGs and AR.

Highwayman0226

It was 45 inches, not feet.  I played a few matches with it last night, before I read the patch notes this morning.  It was a noticable difference, not only on range, but I wasn't getting the OHK from the 8-10 meter range either.  This was just a couple matches, and lag may have been the culprit for not getting these kills, but normally that range on target was a OHK.  At up close range, it still smokes SMG sprayers more often than not.  I really don't think they needed to adjust this gun at all.  It's a pump shotgun, it's supposed to be powerful since you only get ONE shot in a face to face.  It seems to still be a decent weapon imo.

lol right i knew that looked weird when i wrote it. I could of sworn the put ft in the update here on the forums. My point still stands, I'd like them to recognize that they've disable the shotgun class as an effective mid range weapon, now if you're up against two guys, or one with a big enough clip, you pretty much automatically lose. It's annoying to have to stick to such small corridors and such to make the weapon effective, I was enjoying how you could actually run around head to head with SMG guys. Now they just consistantly backup and hold down the trigger, shotgun loses everytime now. not even a chance. Again Im not saying it wasnt a little over powered, but it was over nerfed.. dial the range reduction back by half would be a happy medium.

WiseguyFTL

It got nerfed just a tiny bit, it's just as annoying as it was before lol ;-) Same for the SMG's, the MSMC and PDW are still easy long shots. I'm surprised they didn't do anything to the Skorpion, that thing is way OP up close, and the recoil is high but all vertical so easy to control. This patch doesn't seem to do a lot, I wish they nerfed the R870 and the snipers way more.