10 Replies Latest reply: Dec 8, 2012 8:20 AM by Harv72 RSS

10 issues that need to be addressed. thoughts?

Reasons why I am getting rid of this game after playing for about a month.

1) The maps are horrible. They are way too complex.

2) Spawning is the worst I have seen in any game. (and I played MW3)

3) Camping wins matches.

4) The physics of combat make no sense. (Pistols "pown", assault rifles suck, smgs with laser sight never miss... )

5) Everyone blends into the background extremely well, especially on the darker maps.

6) Knife kills. Enough said.

7) So few weapons seem to be any good. (on a positive note I love the attachments and the new weapon challenges)

8) Create a class is just off but I can't put my finger on it. Perhaps there are too many options?

9) The mini map is so small it's nearly useless. I need to see more of the map.

10) No Merc TDM. Not all of us like objective games, and we don't all have friends playing with us all the time.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree. Yes, there are some good features in this game. I feel that the bad outweigh the good, so I'm selling it. I hope that all of the complaints and compliments we voice work their way into MW4 (or whatever is next) for a better gaming experience. Happy hunting, everyone. I'll be playing COD4 and MW2. Feel free to add me, my GT is Sazaby302. No moders.

• Re: 10 issues that need to be addressed. thoughts?

->  I think small maps are horrible. I think the larger maps with buildings and windows actually provide a very interesting environment to battle it out.

-> Since the last patch I personally think the spawn issue has been a whole lot better. There was a single instance for once that I cannot exactly state qualifies for a spawn death. Also note small maps like Slums, and Hijack  with the number of players in the game is going to be nearly impossible to spawn you away from someone.  Logical arrays (algorithms) to scan each and every enemy players line of sight, position, relative to where you should be spawned at is no easy task. Also it could spawn you to this logic, but on a small map, 3 seconds of running places you in an enemy sight\zone, and your doomed. Larger maps this doesnt happen it seems. So just understand its a small map issue for the most part!

3) Camping wins matches.

-> Well it makes perfect sense in a realistic world where your getting fired upon and scared for your life. Your not just going to poke your head out  there and get it shot off. If you ever had a paintball battle with large teams you would know that slow movements, progressive camping styles provide longer life in the battle session. Those who are novice poke their heads out, move from obstacle to obstacle, and get shot, and have to leave to the dead box. Same stuff here.... move slow, keep a low profile, low signature, and like the navy seals.. STEALTH IS KEY.   In small maps your pretty much forced to choke down an SMG and run and gun!

4) The physics of combat make no sense. (Pistols "pown", assault rifles suck, smgs with laser sight never miss... ). 

In hardcore mode a pistol doesnt drop you in one shot every time, or at distance, also the recoil on pistols is horrible if you do miss. So respect a runner who pops you first up close with a FiveSeven. If you get shot in real life by a high caliber military ammunition loaded pistol your probably down with one shot no matter where you get hit! Assault rifles dont suck!  Smg with lasers work at a respective range, and if your smoothe with the controller you can hip fire using the laser and get some good kills, but laser and SMG is not the All be ALL and Wonder setup.  In turbine, Yemen, and the city level with fire trucks (forgot name of it).... SMG doesnt fare as well as an assault rifle, or sniper rifle. I say doesnt fare as well as in K\D.  Each weapon has its best application, and each person has a favorite feel for each different type of weapon. We all choose what we like most. Scar-H  I loved, but now I changed to A9, and Also M27 is nice too.

5) Everyone blends into the background extremely well, especially on the darker maps.

Again this is key to success...  In a paintball battle when balls are flying and your popping your head up, or going around a corner you would be amazed at how your adrenaline clouds the clarity of what you see. Its without question ask any paintballer if you are camoflauged you tend to not die as much, and those who have bright color cloths tend to be easier targets.

This would be an exception to a realistic simulation kill. Because in real life a human can take some stabs and even have their neck half severed and live for a good long while. IN THE GAME WHILE PLAYING HARD CORE MODE .... getting a knife kill is widely respected because its difficult to do so and easier to shoot your enemy. Panic knifing feels great when you get one!

7) So few weapons seem to be any good. (on a positive note I love the attachments and the new weapon challenges).

You like many others have your favorites, and I bet you dont max out every single weapon in the game as I do. One weapon may entirely suck, feels horrible, recoils bad, or has little power, but with FMJ, and per say a Hybrid optic, or Quickdraw handle the true deadly potential comes out.  You need to max all your weapons out, and then judge based on that.

8) Create a class is just off but I can't put my finger on it. Perhaps there are too many options?

You sound like a noob with this one, but giving your the credit and benefit of doubt that maybe your meaning something else. I think the pick 10 system is pretty straight forward. You sacrifice for the way you like your setup.

No problems here on this one for me.

10) No Merc TDM. Not all of us like objective games, and we don't all have friends playing with us all the time.

Here I agree in that they just took away HC free for All.  I would like to see 3 on 3 teams like  Express matches (Face Off  in MW3)  that was an absolute BLAST to play!,  or classic 1 v 1 .   So if you dont have all of your team on but only 2, or 3  you jump in a 2, or 3 match,    or jump in and get paired with 2 other random people is a blast. I think a  1 v 1  with awards such as  if you win 5 matches with 5 different people you win an award, and 10 matches, and 15-20 for elite players.   I definitely dig that idea.  I think the money system should be implemented , and you can buy score streaks in the middle of games (but make money slow earned).

popeye337

1) The maps aren't horrible. Some are better than others, no doubt.

2) The spawning is pretty bad sometimes. I've never been spawn-trapped in Team Deathmatch so frequently.

3) I think the camping has more to do with issues of lag. Where you used to be able to run and gun and sometimes get caught out but often catch the camper by surprise and kill him. I've also noticed a lot of campers using those target finder sights that basically highlight enemies before the enemies can see you.

4) I like the pistols in this game. Pistols are fun to play with. If they were strictly realistic, pistols would lose out to all the other weapons almost every time.

5) I have noticed people camping in dark corners or some windows are nearly invisible on my screen. It's annoying but pretty far down my list of complaints.

6)I don't have a problem rewarding people who equip the combat knife (go without a second weapon). I just get frustrated when my non-combat knife goes straight through people with no effect. I watch the animation cross the chest of an enemy and then a split second later after he passes me, I get shot or stabbed in the back. Again, I chalk this up to lag mostly.

7) I think the weapons are ok. I am frustrated that so many assault rifles don't unlock until the higher levels so you don't really get a chance to use them much if you are going to prestige.

8) I like that the create a class is even more customizeable than ever before. You aren't forced to take anything. You can stack classes with perks and few weapons or lots of weapons and attachments and few or no perks. Player choice rules.

9) Mini map...ehhhh...not high on my list of problems.

10) A Merc TDM would be nice.

I mostly just want the issues of lag and frame rate fixed/improved. It really ruins the experience when stuff I aim at turns out to not be there and enemies stutter and teleport across my screen. The other recurring issue that is REALLY annoying is the white noise that randomly appears during games replacing all in-gmae sounds. it is only fixed by restarting the PS3.

1) Maps are fine and I rather like them. I like bigger maps where I have some room to move around and set up devious traps for my enemies.

2)Spawning has been terrible in every COD game I've ever played....this is no worse than any other! They are all designed to make getting kills something simple to do. Always have been!

3)Camping never wins matches in any game. Poor players who frequently get killed by campers lose matches often though. If you're getting beat by campers then it really says a lot about your ability to play and learn from what you've experienced. After all...how difficult is it really to kill some idiot who keeps returning to the same spot over and over? Once you learn the common camping spots campers become easy kills...REALLY easy!

4)"pown" is not the correct word....it's PWN! And I wouldn't know...I only play hardcore, where 1-3 shots from anything kills everyone.

5) What about this needs addressed?

6) Play Hardcore...very few people bother with a knife in HC! If you're getting pwned by a knife, this also says a lot about your playing ability.

7) Again...Hardcore!

8) Not sure what you mean...maybe you're having trouble wrapping your brain around all of the options but I like it. I just try to set each perk, Scorestreak, weapon, etc to compliment each other for the type of map I plan to use that particular loadout on.

9) No problems here for me!

10) Meh....

Seems to me that most of the things you're complaining about are things that are getting you killed. However, they are all things that have made the game a little more challenging and that's a good thing, whether it suits you personally or not.

I don't know...it just seems to me that you're upset that you're having trouble learning how to adapt to the things in the game. Like you want it to be changed to be easier for YOU to get kills without having to learn from your experiences. There are plenty of COD games available that offer easy kills for the non-thinker...I'm glad to see the series evolving into something a little more complex, albeit very slowly.

IndyOldGuy

Sazaby302 wrote:

Reasons why I am getting rid of this game after playing for about a month.

Agree 100%!! They are all tiny, not sure what you mean by 'complex' tho....nice to see the pallets of concrete bags are still everywhere..lol

YEP, got spawn killed 4 times in a row on Cargo, playing HC-KC

3) Camping wins matches.

Not sure this is true all the time

4) The physics of combat make no sense. (Pistols "pown", assault rifles suck, smgs with laser sight never miss... )

Agree

Noticed this myself

Bad or good???

7) So few weapons seem to be any good. (on a positive note I love the attachments and the new weapon challenges)

They all seem to perform about the same to me, I dunno

I thought about this myself, I am always changing things up, probably cause theres so many options

I hadnt noticed this

Cant comment, dont play TDM

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree. Yes, there are some good features in this game. I feel that the bad outweigh the good, so I'm selling it. I hope that all of the complaints and compliments we voice work their way into MW4 (or whatever is next) for a better gaming experience. Happy hunting, everyone. I'll be playing COD4 and MW2. Feel free to add me, my GT is Sazaby302. No moders.

Have a Nice Day

SnipinDB

1. I don't like most maps either, but at least half of them are playable

2. Yep, though not as bad as on launch. There should be a spawn protection from kill streaks though

3. Rushing is very do-able in this game

4. The recent update has helped in this respect. Pistols should be good cqb like someone already pinpointed they also got a small nerf though

5. There are some "OP" attachments to counter this and also your own display settings

6. You should have to switch to get a knife. This makes perfect sense now that they nerfed dropshots

7. Most sections have good guns

8. Works fine imo

9. Nope, well not for me anyway

10. I agree, Imo there should be a merc playlist with the 3 or 4 most popular core game modes separately for solo players

Jaggajatt187

I think the maps are horrible for TDM/KC (but work for CTF well), namely:

-Slums ->Every match ends up with people headglitching each side of the map near the middle fountain area until they kill enough people to head glitch 3/4 of the map.

-Carrier ->Another head glitchers paradise, the angled ramp at the back is the worst.

-Drone ->may as well be one giant room with teams spawning on opposite ends

-Express/meltdown ->people fight over the elevated room in the center by camping on the elevated platforms on either side

They may be better when played with objective based game modes, but I hardly play those.

People are head glitching and camping because if they move some guy holding a SMG/laser site/lightweight will fly around the corner at the speed of light and insta-kill them.

From Launch night till now I find myself moving less and less, which is a play style I don't enjoy so I end up playing the game way less. I had hope that 1.04 would fix the problem but in the end I guess I gotta wait till 2013. I shouldn't have been so optimistic seeing that it took them 1 month after launch to figure out Ghost wasn't even working the way it should.

Harv72

Sazaby302 wrote:

I think our defintions of "complex" differ.  I find the maps to be far too simple, if anything (let's see, am I playing on a square or a rectangle...?).

I've seen worse, but the spawns do need to be improved.  Allegedly that was addressed in patch 1.04 but I haven't really seen a difference.

3) Camping wins matches.

Against brain-dead rushers with the reflexes of a petrified turd, you're right.  Against halfway decent players, camping will never win a match.  Any type.

It's meant to be an arcade-style shooter, not a realistic battlefield simulator.  And all three of those issues (which I never had an issue with) were just addressed in this patch.

This is a problem which should be corrected.  I suppose I could fiddle with the brightness and contrast on my display, but I use the same tv for my computer & that would be more trouble than it's worth.  I might add one extra death per game hour because the enemy blended into the scenery too well, and I can live with that.  If anything that's much more realistic (see: your point 4).

Were greatly nerfed in BO2, at least in comparison to every other recent CoD.  According to my Elite stats (which I don't trust completely, but they shouldn't be too far off) I am averaging 1 knife death for every 1.6 game hours played.  I've suffered more deaths via 13 different primary weapons, 3 types of lethal nades, and the B23R pistol.  As for me, out of more than 4800 kills I have gotten exactly zero via the combat knife.

I haven't found a weapon yet that wasn't good.  A couple that I didn't like at first I wound up enjoying after a second try (M27, Mk48), so that could be it for you as well.  Some are very frustrating at times (S-12), but they do their jobs well enough when you use them correctly.  I also really like the new attachments and weapon challenges, and also being able to prestige my guns.

It takes getting used to.  Really it's just a case of tinkering around and trying different combinations until you find some that work well for you.  One of my initial criticisms with the game was that I thought I'd never need more than 3 or 4 preset classes for any map or game type...now, nearly a month later, I can't wait until I have all 10 of my CaC slots available & will probably end up wanting more.

This is dependant upon your display.  I'm wired to a 42" HDTV and it's plenty big enough for me; any bigger and it would be a distraction.  I can see how playing on a small screen would be difficult, but that would apply equally to every part of the game (seeing enemies, reading messages, knowing which scorestreak you have highlighted, etc).

TDM comes up in the Mercenary Moshpit rotation, or were you wanting a dedicated TDM playlist within it?  FWIW, 100% of my games have been solo, and the vast majority (more than 75%) have been Domination, which really requires you to lean on your teammates.  I've still managed to win 51% of my matches so far (even including a few lag-induced rage quits ).

Hey, I understand that different people like different things and if you just don't like BO2, that's fair enough.  Hopefully you enjoy your other games in the meanwhile, and who knows...maybe in a few months when they have more of the bugs worked out you'll pick up a used copy & be back.

Also -  I'm on a Time Warner 50mb down, and 10mb up connection. with a 22msec ping (speedtest website) at a local server in town. I dont see lag like many of you are talking about so I dont understand this whole Lag talk. The lag problems seems to be with the host. If the host cannot sustain the cilent connections everyone seems to lag. Nearly everytime I seem to always become the host as I guess the system detects my connection speed\ping and migrates to me. LOL Because on HCTDM I blow up some of my own team mates and nearly every time I accidently kill 3 or more it tells me "cannot kick host player". 

However before I had this connection I played COD for 3 years on a 3G  air-card internet connection shared from my desktop computer to my playstation 3. Worked fine with MW2- MW3  INFINITY WARD KNOWS THEIR S**T !!

***ALSO FOR SPAWN KILLING ***

If in real life you get dropped from a chopter into a hot zone you best be ready the second you land for confrontation.

Same applies in COD. Those who spawn, instantly take to a wall, slowly peak around corners... tend to have a far better K\D.

Novices jump right in , start running, get blasted by an enemy who has infiltrated that spawn zone, and really its your own fault.

A spawn kill to me is when you spawn, you have no chance, or maybe 3 seconds of a chance before dying. Problem is in how you play.

Adjust , overcome, shut up when you die because what happens to you happens to them all. If you spawn, and have the mindset that someone is

right next to you, or near by, youll have a more pleasant experience. Until they create even better spawn algorithms to prevent this from happening.

Harv72

ELCOJOEBEL wrote:

A spawn kill to me is when you spawn, you have no chance, or maybe 3 seconds of a chance before dying. Problem is in how you play.

Adjust , overcome, shut up when you die because what happens to you happens to them all. If you spawn, and have the mindset that someone is

right next to you, or near by, youll have a more pleasant experience. Until they create even better spawn algorithms to prevent this from happening.

A spawn kill is when there is literally nothing you can do to avoid dying immediately after spawning.  Some examples which have happened to me (including post-patch):

• Spawning in with an enemy already firing directly onto my spawn point.
      • Dying to a Hellfire or Lightning Strike immediately after spawning.
      • Spawning under fire from a guardian or sentry gun.

Yes, things like this can happen in a real-world combat scenario immediately upon insertion, or even during insertion...but CoD is not meant to be a realistic depiction of modern warfare, and even if it were the thing is that eventually they stop sending in helicopters to the point of the ambush or call in an air- or artillery strike to dislodge the defenders.  Additionally, if you do manage to kill a defender he does not respawn every time you do so in order to rejoin the ambush.

The game is meant to be challenging, but fun.  There is nothing fun about dying an unavoidable death the instant you join a match, let alone have it happen repeatedly, and if there is no way to fight back then it's not really a challenge either.

1) LAG

2) LAG COMPENSATION

3) PS3 FREEZ ISSUE

4) PS3 SOUNDS FLIPPING ISSUE

6) STUN GRANADE STUNS TOO LONG TIME

7) NORMALLY  U GOT GOOD CONNECTION U HAPPY. BO2 IF U GOT WORST CONNECTION U HAPPY. SEE THE ISSUE?

8) LAG

9) LAG

10) LA-A---A-GG-G

AND THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR MAKE LOW POWER GUN LESS LOWER (R870 MCS).CAN I ASK WHEN YOU PUT MORE POWER FOR SCORPION EVO AND REST OVER POWER GUNS?