23 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2013 5:20 PM by camper2 RSS

We can report everything but minors?

The game is rated M for mature, and just cause minors always have played doesn't mean its ok... now yes online play is unrated which means anyone could play since there is not rating associated with online. At the same time i would like a report button for people who can't atleast act mature, I am tired of hearing 12 year olds singing in the mics,  being annoying, joining hardcore matches to jsut TK,  why cant we have a report button that just says imature.

a hard fix would be to create 2 seprate lobies, the over 18 lobby and the under 17 lobby,  this way the people who are suppose to be more mature can play and peace (and yes little people will still go in there but if they are being annoying a report would come with penalities).

• Re: We can report everything but minors?

Both Treyarch and Activision know a large majority of the customers for Call of Duty are younger than they should be, attacking them probably wouldn't be the best choice.

Along the lines of reporting improper or immature behavior, I agree. "Offensive Language" and "Offensive Emblem" aren't enough. We need things like "Offensive Behavior", "Teamkilling", "Trolling", ect.

r8edtripx

An "immature" report button would get used on half of the adult population as well.

I think creating a lobby for players under 18 would then start a hairy situation with a bunch of special interest groups about minors playing the game and how Activision condones this behaviour and so on.

I'd also like to add, that the "M" rating is only designed as a guideline for parents. If the parents don't care enough to judge the maturity of their kids, then that's on the parents.

r8edtripx wrote:

An "immature" report button would get used on half of the adult population as well.

I think creating a lobby for players under 18 would then start a hairy situation with a bunch of special interest groups about minors playing the game and how Activision condones this behaviour and so on.

I'd also like to add, that the "M" rating is only designed as a guideline for parents. If the parents don't care enough to judge the maturity of their kids, then that's on the parents.

Yes it would, but just like any clam they would look at it.

why is that a bad thing if activision gets called out on that, like i said just cause kids have always had m rated games doesn't make it ok since its that just how things are.

why is everyone pointing out the M rating... Online is not M rated its unrated meaning there is no rating,  i never said ban all kids, i am just talking about putting them all in there own little group. if the game is breaking records year after year i would assume atleast for the first year of the games life there would be enough  players old and young to do that.

The older people are worse. They've come to the age where they realize that all their hopes and aspirations will never come true, so they take out their anger on the game. The older people are just as bad, albeit with a deeper voice.  And the game isn't 18+ in every country.

I wish I could report squeakers...

Hands down the most annoying part of any cod title is a lobby full of 12 year olds.

Kids will be kids. There's nothing anyone can do about it but mute them.

Kids will be kids. There's nothing anyone can do about it but mute them.

Harv72

You have a mute button which prevents you from hearing them.

The game's rating system only applies at the retail level, and it's then up to the parent to monitor their child's activity if they purchase the game for them (or to keep up with what games Junior is getting from other sources).  Offering an option to report "immature behavior" would not work; first because there's no evidence to review which supports or invalidates the complaint, and second because if such an option were available then those same kids would be reporting you every time you told them to shut up or quit camping & play the objective.

Besides which, it's not like you can expect a game developer to start calling customers & asking Mom and Dad if they realize what games little Johnny is playing.

Harv72 wrote:

You have a mute button which prevents you from hearing them.

The game's rating system only applies at the retail level, and it's then up to the parent to monitor their child's activity if they purchase the game for them (or to keep up with what games Junior is getting from other sources).  Offering an option to report "immature behavior" would not work; first because there's no evidence to review which supports or invalidates the complaint, and second because if such an option were available then those same kids would be reporting you every time you told them to shut up or quit camping & play the objective.

Besides which, it's not like you can expect a game developer to start calling customers & asking Mom and Dad if they realize what games little Johnny is playing.

the mute button doesn't work in load screen i dont auto mute everyone cause i enjouy talking to random people, hell i enjoy the occasional **** talking here and there,  so i leave mics open, but what pisses me off is once the game goes into load and the little brats think they can be justin bebier or what ever his name is that is what i would like to report..

and an imature behavior  would work cause the game has video of every match,  there are plenty of evidance, and i am sure they have audio saved some where since the offisive laungues is reported and i would assume if reported enough is listend to.

and no you wont have to enter credit card or antyhing to join the older lobby everyone could, its just if your repored  for imaturity you we have a ban from that lobby

Even when there's a reporting feature in place there are rarely any penalties dished out. PSN has a player reporting area but to my knowledge there has never been anyone actually punished as a result of being reported. No one really cares! Why? Because no one is forcing you to play with people that do things you find offensive. Player reporting features are only put in place to let the offended party feel like he's getting some kind of justice for what he finds offensive....nothing more. Unless a player is actually doing something illegal, there's little anyone will do to stop them.

No way on Earth is Activision going to start punishing their paying customers for being 'immature' or anything else they do that some might find offensive. They don't care to play the part of 'COD policemen' and they aren't going to. If someone is offending you then mute them or find another match...simple as that!

The 'M' rating is simply a guidline for helping responsible parents make purchasing decisions for their children. Doubtful that any of the kids you've had issues with are children of responsible or caring parents. Way too many parents today are just satisfied to see their kids (or rather, NOT see their kids) sitting in their bedrooms doing whatever they want as long as it's keeping them quiet. Sad as that might be.

Last thing...you seem to be suggesting that something magical happens at age 18 that turns kids into mature and respectful adults. In my experience the worst things I've heard and seen are from those 18 and over. Something about the ability to talk on a mic anonymously makes some people turn into complete idiots. The 'adults' are the worst I've seen for making both, inappropriate comments and inappropriate emblems.

Seems there are way too many grown men who enjoy creating images of penises way too much! Not sure what it is about giving a grown man some basic shapes to create with that turns him into a penis loving fool. It seems a little weird to me but....to each his own! Who am I to judge another man for wanting to look at male genitalia all day long?

TheDigitalDoom wrote:

Even when there's a reporting feature in place there are rarely any penalties dished out. PSN has a player reporting area but to my knowledge there has never been anyone actually punished as a result of being reported. No one really cares! Why? Because no one is forcing you to play with people that do things you find offensive. Player reporting features are only put in place to let the offended party feel like he's getting some kind of justice for what he finds offensive....nothing more. Unless a player is actually doing something illegal, there's little anyone will do to stop them.

No way on Earth is Activision going to start punishing their paying customers for being 'immature' or anything else they do that some might find offensive. They don't care to play the part of 'COD policemen' and they aren't going to. If someone is offending you then mute them or find another match...simple as that!

The 'M' rating is simply a guidline for helping responsible parents make purchasing decisions for their children. Doubtful that any of the kids you've had issues with are children of responsible or caring parents. Way too many parents today are just satisfied to see their kids (or rather, NOT see their kids) sitting in their bedrooms doing whatever they want as long as it's keeping them quiet. Sad as that might be.

Last thing...you seem to be suggesting that something magical happens at age 18 that turns kids into mature and respectful adults. In my experience the worst things I've heard and seen are from those 18 and over. Something about the ability to talk on a mic anonymously makes some people turn into complete idiots. The 'adults' are the worst I've seen for making both, inappropriate comments and inappropriate emblems.

Seems there are way too many grown men who enjoy creating images of penises way too much! Not sure what it is about giving a grown man some basic shapes to create with that turns him into a penis loving fool. It seems a little weird to me but....to each his own! Who am I to judge another man for wanting to look at male genitalia all day long?

actually in alot of games (mainly mmos) people get bans from report features.Also i have seen mainy embles changed from xxx stuff and what not to general so they look into it somewhat... i am not asking for there to be anything like that since we all know activition stops caring about the game after release date

i just want a feature to  be put there so i feel like there is a small chance this annoying kids could have something done weather its perma muted and what not.

And i am not implying something magcal happens at 18, but the older you get the more dignified (i geuss is a decent word to use) you are. could happen at an early age, some people dont get it till they are 40 or older. and thats why i said the under 17 group could play in the over 18 group but could be knocked out for acting imature.

Well, I disagree that there shouldn't be some basic level moderation as this is needed in ANY type of forum you encounte rin public spaces. However, as a 31 year old, I fully agree that absolutely NOTHING magical happens to 18 year olds that makes them mature. Get old enough and you realize you aren't even human until around age 25. Us 30 years olds are just barely figuring out how to behave ourselves as it is.

hyper72

Game is doomed done say anything about lag comp the truth

vdubpdx1982

I would like the abilty to report tha dumb a$$ wanna be CoD DJs playing music in the lobbies like they are cool.

is the mute all except party missing in some games or what

its called the mute button

KillGoblin

This game has been designed to cater for the under 12 yrs old COD players...you only have to look at the gameplay content for multi player....worst COD ever.Its everything ive hated from all past COD games rolled into one.

Don't listen to them!.....STOP SNITCHING! NEVER HAVE A SEEN SO MANY SNITCHES IN 1 PLACE IN ALL MY LIFE! AND YOU ALL TELL FOR ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING! "I WANT TO SNITCH CAUSE HE'S ANNOYING" " I WANT TO SNITCH CAUSE HE SAID A BAD WORD" " I WANT TO REPORT HIM CAUSE HE'S NOT PLAYING RIGHT"