7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2012 8:26 PM by Bettis123 RSS

For those with re-occuring issues.

Bettis123

If you expect lag compensation, or ps3 freezing to go away 80%, then you are sadly mistaken.

It would take a complete re-vamp of multiplayer and their game to make the game function right. These issues are months of work to fix, not a week, not a day.

That means it will cost over 7 figures to fix. Development would devistate Activision and Treyarch's profits.

I suggest instead of dealing with this frusturation, just sell the game to gamestop for 40 bucks and get another game that is reliable and fun. Im thinking about battlefield 3 for the moment, or go back to another cod. Maybe try-out another cool fps game like medal of honor.

• Re: For those with re-occuring issues.
    Bettis123

I just watched this vid by elpresador, and it just pretty much demonstrates the type of "Patches" that activision does and how cheap they are. It is hillarious. Especially his laugh.

Darko808

Well for one the lag comp really is not a big deal to me. Also the lag has nothing to do with the freezing issue...do your research. Also BF3 sucks and MoH always fails! Last one I seen was reduced to twenty something dollars within a few months of its release. The one good point you made about this was going back to a previous CoD game. I do plan on going back to MW3 until BO2 gets its crap straight.

Another note to make is Black Ops 1 I heard had some of the same issues BO2 is having. They got it straightened out so they will get these issues straight. IF they do get the freezing fixed this game will be great.

Bettis123

Yea it is really just opinion. If i had a lesser quality ISP, then my experience would be better no doubt. I would be a so called "beast" instead of a nub. Im not claiming everyone goes through these issues. It's those with the issues that are not fixed, that should just return the game to gamestop with a loss imo. It is not worth getting angry over.

Darko808

I'm by no means mad at this game I'm just frustrated. My issues are not as severe as most but I'd rather not risk my PS3. I will keep my copy just based on the fact I payed for the Hardened Edition and I do believe they will fix the freezing. They did say in a Tweet that there was "more to come"....I'm not sure if that meant more about the recent patch or what. I honestly think this was a quick fix for a few issues that had stacked up before. I'm betting they are working on something else as we speak to fix the freezing. I say we shall hear more before Christmas gets here from them.

I know I sound like a BO2 fan boy but I'm just trying my best to be positive about the game because it is fun. Minus the freezing this has been the best CoD I've played! The campaign having multiple endings alone was mind blowing (I got the worst ending). I do feel the pain of everyone else and I have voiced my opinions with Treyarch several times. So have many others and I'm sure we've been heard. I'm guessing this freezing issue is going to take more time.

I say we shall get a better and more full patch before/by January.

Bettis123

I just lost trust in the Cod series from Modern Warfare 3. It was IW afterall. But it was also Activision.

I have mixed feelings about what to do eversince the last cod. They did a lot with this last patch. I really do hope they improve on the lag comp, and the freezing and system issues people are facing.

This game is more servere with these issues then any of the past, so maybe they will finally take some big steps and fix it.

hyper72

Are fat america's born with thumbs? Because all i get at night from the UK in american speaking rooms is camping lying on the floor dobbers who think there gods because they can get a uav in the air with skill NOT by camping go play  little big planet american tool.

Bettis123

I am sorry, are you just trolled or bullied by people online? I believe that connection compensates for skill in this game. It is not nessecarily the physical features of people that make them good, such as a big hands or quick reflexes. It is practice, knowledge of the maps, and connection that make people good. Mainly connection compensates for a larger amount then anything else.