23 Replies Latest reply: Dec 8, 2012 4:22 AM by adw1983 RSS

What Lag Compensation does to People.

*I do not censor my Live Commentaries - Watch at your Own risk*

This videos shows how apparent the lag compensation in this game is, and how hard it is to actually win while being lag compensated.

Lag Compenation is probabaly the most worthelss and aggrivating thing to every be put into any online game. I used to be a 2.0 + KD/WL player, and a very good FFA player. Posting up more than 600 Moabs in FFA alone. With Black Ops 2, I made a series on my channel called "Free for all Fridays." Which constists of me playing FFA, and recording it live, then choosing the best game to go up.

Well, I played for about an hour, and got the same problem over and over... despite changing lobbies.  That problem is the obvious lag compensation.  I didn't even start the game mad. I was pretty mellow.

• Re: What Lag Compensation does to People.
    Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I was playing KC yesterday and I was also getting hitmarkers after hitmarkers. The only thing that saved me and my game was my relentless assault on the enemy spawns. Once on their spawns, I start pre-firing and it brought me some good results. At one point, I had an enemy took four hitmarkers and he didn't die and got away. I also noticed that I was dropping faster than it should. The game really got some issues. It's hard to enjoy it when the victors are determined not by skill but by who's on the good side of lag.

KoRny1

I watched the first 4 and a half minutes and didn't really see one good example of lag compensation. All your deaths were legit getting shot in the back, or because your accuracy was a little off.

I'm not saying lag compensation isn't noticable, because I know it's a serious problem, but in this case, you are being a baby.

I'm not sure what you mean. Theresnumerous time in the first half of the video where I put out more bullets than I should have to, and just get a load a markers.

That's not lag comp, there were questionable kills to like one or two individuals. The rest of it, was like he said, just some bad accuracy here and there coupled with getting frustrated. I would kill to have a game like that if that's what you define as "terrible" lag comp.

I've played games where I've dumped full clips into people and got maybe one or two hit markers and then I get insta gibbed,

The pistol can kill you in two shots so damn rights it can kill you before your 35 damage vector pops off 4 shots from mid range.

One or Two People?

I have to put half clips into mroe than "One or Two People"

More than "One or Two People" are reacting to me being there, way before they're on my screen.

No, it shouldn't be a 2 shot kill, it has very little flinch when shot. Less flinch than both of the SIngle Shot Rifles, which I normally have to shoot 3 times to get a kill with anyways.

Secondaries !> Primaries

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

@4:16 You were shooting at his chest, attempted a dropshot, and just died. On the Killcam, you were shooting on air and he's not where your screen shows you.

Yep, welcome to the games I get out into.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

That's how the game plays for me as well. There's just no way around it and there are a lot of days where all my lobbies are like that. I can't even trust what I'm seeing on my screen.

I have a second account and it used to have low KD and low SPM and I never felt the lag. Now that its stats are high, I'm lagging on it, too. Just like on my main account.

Yeah well that's the idea. Treyarch is helping the casual players by creating more artificial lag for the better players. This prevents the casual players from getting raped every match, but frustrates better players because they feel they are being cheated....which they are.

This creates the perception that the game is suddenly more competitive with more skilled players, but it's obvious it really isn't. Not when people can mindlessly run past corners and kill someone who is waiting for them. The kill cam will make the corner camper look like he wasn't paying attention lol. In previous COD games for the rushing player would almost always have to pre-fire and strafe the corner to win out in that situation.

Its obvious you are several seconds in front of everyone else, i am surprised any of them got a kill. Great example of lag comp

If you want to know what lag comp does to people you should watch ELPRESADOR on youtube...he's about the only source for black ops 2.

Please, don't mention the big "youtuber" people. Most of them just make the community worse.

People like Whiteboy and Tmartn.

deamonomic

okay dont want to sound rude, but all I really see is you missing at the start and then blaming lag compensation. go back and actually watch your aim carefully. alot of the times you died, you were trying to drop shot and the guy outstrafed you. or in another instance you dropshotted while spinning, not actually aiming at the dude but merely raking it across him which is not a gaurentee of anything.

about one minute 40 seconds in you blame lag comp (i say this because of your thread title). what happened? you ran upto a guy he saw you comming, started shooting you before you started shooting at him, caused flinching, which threw off your aim even more resulting in death. in your video you claim that you started shooting him WAY before the kill cam showed. watch it again. it shows him shooting first right about where you were and where you started shooting him.

at 1:52 you say the opponent is eating bullets or something to that effect, asking if hes on 3 bars instead of 4... in reality, it took more bullets then usual because once again... flinch... when you first started aiming at him you took some hits shooting your aim up. once you managed to get it back on target there were the NORMAL amount of hit markers.

at 2:47 you died and asked why... i will tell you why. you tried to drop shot in a confined area got prone blocked and died. that and you were aiming to the left of him for the most part.

at 3:49 you were in center with 2 enemies, there was a guy by the white van. When you went to aim at him, you first aimed a good bit to his right. you then tried to compensate for that but overdid it and ended up aiming to the left of him. again tried to compensate... again to much... now aiming back to the right. and finnaly you start actually aiming at him, but by this point it doesnt matter as you are getting hit and flinching (since you dont have toughness on). not lag comp bad aim.

at 4:20ish you state this is getting really dumb why? you only shot him 3 times the rest were clean misses while you tried to dropshot. you ran up there behind the guy and expected him to continue strait... but he didnt. infact he backtracked, which put you in at a disadvantage from where he was standing. the way he strafed put you in his sights and moved him out of yours. you were to busy trying to drop shot (or so it looks) to compensate for his movements. but really in that situation your kinda boned. if you had completed your dropshot you would have won. But lag compensation is not to blame for this one either.

at 4:42 you has HS eat bullets. you only shot himTWICE with your first attack. once again you seem to think that simply raking an enemy is enough for a kill... maby HC is where you should play? If you watch the video closely, you will see that your first bullet hits him in the left elbow... followed by the right... and then you stopped firing, realized he wasnt dead and then said he was eating bullets. and you only shot him about 2-3 (max) after that. 4-5 bullets is pretty standard.

at 5:04 you encountered a guy with a pistol after coming up the stairs. you guys were passing each other. you tried to drop shot while turing on the guy, overshot it (seeing a pattern?) and were dead by the time you tried to correct your mistake. you say you deserved hit markers, but how so? all you did was again drag your gun across the enemy very quickly. also... the guy with the pistol didnt miss.

overshot your dropshots aim again at 5:53 and die (most obvious here)

at 6:06 you die here because you got shot first, and as ive said before flinch did you in. you say "its awesome that he can kill me faster with a pistol then I can him with an SMG" you would have killed him but you were flinched before you even got a shot off. none of your shots hit nor did they deserve to.

you say at 6:40 that your bullets are finally registering. but in reality they have been the entire game. the reason you werent getting hit markers is because you were not actually hitting the enemy. watch it closely and tell me im wrong. If i have to I can make another vid slowing down those moments.

your video is only proof that you want an excuse for dieing.  4 bar lag comp BS myth, I command the! DISPERSE!

lol, ELPRESADOR is far from a big youtuber. The guy is always making fun of them, it's pretty hilarious.

Yeah I don't see what your complaining about, your aiming sucks.lol Don't worry man I suck too.

zingaa

The stuff I see in my games makes yours look perfect, if I had that game I would consider that good.

Im sorry but you OP are not a good player...I dont know how you got 600 moabs in mw3 but you must of been playing really bad players or you're telling porkie pies...

you got out-played many times even with your cheap drop-shots  lol....

Im not denying there is broken lag comp in bo2 cuz ive been a victim of it and its been much much worse than what you seem to think it is...

I would consider that video to be on the good side of lag comp!..maybe you just thought you were good cuz your connection worked well on mw3 and everyone else was behind you and didnt get a fair fight? ever think like that?

Toughness=  Focus from mw3, maybe you should realise this due to the fact the reason why you was beat by most people was due to the fact they were all mostly running it. Corner issues are quite buggy imo and pistols will damn right beat you in the face.

zingaa

Electrub wrote:

Toughness=  Focus from mw3, maybe you should realise this due to the fact the reason why you was beat by most people was due to the fact they were all mostly running it. Corner issues are quite buggy imo and pistols will damn right beat you in the face.

what?

maccabi

great video op, it aptly demonstrates exactly whats wrong with this game .

people blaming "lag comp" when they die.

Wierd how "lag comp" only affected you when you die, didnt see or hear you mention it when you killed someone

adw1983

This.

If I had a PVR, I would upload a clip of shooting players in the CHEST with the XPR50 on 3 meters distance while they are STATIONARY, before they run away unscathed, multiple times in the same game, with a 4 bar connection.

Not spray and pray dropshotting.

If he had QUICKDRAW handle and fired 10 rounds ON TARGET, he would have a case.

But hip-firing for the most part?

Get out of here.

Just use a semi-automatic weapon with quickdraw and you'll collect 1 hour of BS every 2 hours played.

In terms of lag comp I would actually class this as a pretty good game. There were only really 2 people you had trouble with - the P6 guy with the 3 bar connection clearly had more time to take his shots at you in every engagement.

Fact is the 3 bar players are probably furthest away from you and will miraculously be given a significant lag advantage.

Lag comp does exist and unfortunately I experience it far worse than you have in this gameplay.