24 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2012 5:12 PM by Run_N_Gunning_Camper RSS

This is a solution to all the rage quitters.

Before I rant, I will start off by saying I have played every COD game online and I am considered to be well above average gamer, a king of pub stars if you will. Anyway read this if you want a solution, it may come off a bit too much for some people, but it would work. Also if you are going to post a comment about how stupid this would be, take a second to think if you're 15 and this is your second COD game ever. If that's true do me a favor, pass this thread by now and just keep looking for quick scoping videos. This is all IMO and I do believe this would help most, besides wanna be trolls.

They should de rank people for rage quiting. I'm sorry but if you leave a game I don't care what the reason is you should either get lowered a rank or have a good amount of already earned XP taken away. If you don't like it, don't back out. There are plenty of chances and time to back out during the match making process so do it then. I understand people get lag, but it's not every game. Lag isn't the main reason for people backing out, the reason usually is bad team mates. If you are playing against good kids that are just dominating you, you back out. It's only natural that people do that, but there is a simple solution that works for me every time. It works especially if you are playing by yourself and you get into a lobby with high prestigers or a clan or if they are all in a party chat and on the same team playing. That's your sign to back out. Don't let pride get in the way, I play with people who are good, we have randoms join running their mouth and halfway through the game they back out. I'm not saying everyone runs their mouth I'm just saying people back out when they are being destroyed.

If you start heavily punishing people for backing out such as de rank or lowering half of earned XP in a LVL then people will start staying in games. Me personally even if I get into a game and I am losing and having killstreaks called in on me I stay. I get XP, I manage to go positive and If I am going to get the lose I might as well get my match bonus and other XP as well.

If any one wants to add to this idea and or has a better one, comment.

• Re: This is a solution to all the rage quitters.

yes derank them all if they disconnect due to network problems...i mean if people are so cheap to have a crappy internet connectioin and havent followed all the instructions to the letter on how to set your router properly they should be severly punished.

Well 3arc already gave them a lag advantage for having the bad kid connection so why not? LOL

If you have a bad connection that disconnects you every game you should probably get it checked out. If that was me I would be more worried about not being able to play a full match then being de ranked. Even if this happens a once every five games I would still get my connection checked out. If you have a bad connection you shouldn't even try playing COD or any other online games due to the lvl of frustration you will have. So complaing about being de ranked should be the least of your problems by then.

zingaa

lagopz wrote:

yes derank them all if they disconnect due to network problems...i mean if people are so cheap to have a crappy internet connectioin and havent followed all the instructions to the letter on how to set your router properly they should be severly punished.

It's obvious your not that bright so I'll cut you some slack, go ahead and derank me, I play domination, my k/d sucks and I don't care in the least about rank. Blame treyarc not me scrub. As soon as this game is fixed I'll stick it out like I always have, but now I'm not going to stick in a game where bullets don't work....

i dont really see what the big deal is......people quit, than the game finds others to join back in...if they all quit and forfeit, than you get a W.

the only time i find quitting annoying is when the host quits and everybody in the game "loses connection to the host," making the game abruptly end.....but thats more of a CoD server problem.........

The game doesn't always find someone else to replace them nor even quick enough. There are times when people on team back out, and even though it is a quarter into the game, will not add people making the game uneven and lopsided. You can't always carry the slack for 1-3 people, let alone the whole team.

trialstardragon

This will not stop rage quitters any more than any other system. Plus this has been suggested many times before and never was considered a valid method.

Rage quittes will quit no matter what punishment is given to them. There is no way to completely stop rage quitters ever.

PerEverto13

Horrible idea. Considering the problems with connectiviy, this would a more hated idea then the probation system. I really couldnt care less because i dont quit many games, but to lose level because there servera diaconnect a game is almost insulting.

furrymatt

I quit when my bullets dont work, i get spawn killed, and other bullshit

Meldwyn

I believe the loss of match bonus is designed to discourage folks from quitting abruptly.  I have had to leave games I was dominating in as well as team winning due to family matters at that particular time.  For those that don't have those responsibilities, then I can see why you would think no one ever has a reason to leave. 

Now, are people raging out of a game where, on their screen they clearly had the jump on a player and put 10 slugs in his head, only to watch the kill cam (because they died instead) and notice that they didn't even raise their weapon before dying, then I can't blame those folks at all.  Lag doesn't allow for competitive play if you are on the wrong end.

Chill a bit and just enjoy the game.  All you have to worry about is what you do, not what others do.  People are coming and going out of games all the time.  That's the beauty of their current system.

So even though I have a great well maintained connection and I get server error disconnected from the match from time to time, I should be penalized....NO!

Thunderstrike75

The only time i have a problem with ragequitters is when they dashboard it. even then its only when they are hosting since it causes everyone to drop. else i couldnt care less.

When they Dashboard the deaths and kills dont count for their K/D ratio which im guessing its why they do so. I heard now there is a warning or a suspension when they Dashboard but i am not willing to get that just to see if its true LOL.

skillethead

there are several reasons why this idea would not work nor be fair in any regard. I will give 3 examples:

1. Cheating, as long as this is a previlant threat I for one will use my right to back out. I refuse to play with or against anyone who is either ; running j tags, using modded controllers or using flash supported hacks , just to name a few,  and yes glitching outside the map or in walls is cheating period.

2. Lost Connection. there are times that when it storms or there are power issues (happens alot where i live) that you would lose connection to the ISP for various reasons.

3.Harrasment.  This is overlooked in the world of Call of Duty since there are sooooooo many trash talkers out there. But no one should be forced to play a game where people are harrassing them in-game i.e. trapping them in a corner. friendly equipment destruction, and killing them right before they have pointstreaks (hardcore of course) on purpose.

there you have some of my idea of why its not a good idea.

Instead maybe they should focus on fixing many of the other areas like latency. and hacks, and O.P.-ed weapons and/or pointstreaks etc

how about make them stay in the lobby and only spectate until the match is over, if allback out then its a forfeit

Horrible idea.  Punishing someone for dashbording is one thing but there is no reason to derank people for leaving the game the proper way.  I for one am a Volunteer Firefighter, when the tones drop I have to leave, so I hit start and leave game the proper way.  Why sound I lose rank because of that?

KoRny1

The solution to rage quitting (at least the best I can think of) is to fix this terrible game so people are less inclined to throw their xbox out the window after BS kills.

Foxhound-Pro

KoRny1 wrote:

The solution to rage quitting (at least the best I can think of) is to fix this terrible game so people are less inclined to throw their xbox out the window after BS kills.

You need to realize that a game can be well balanced and community oriented, but still suffer from toxic users and people who will do anything to preserve something they value. Be that W/L or K/D, they do what they can. Dashboard, pull the ethernet cable, or simply shut down their platform.

zingaa

KoRny1 wrote:

I like you

Foxhound-Pro

Good idea for ranked.

Bad idea for public play.

Ss78_

If you want to stop rage quitters then education is the solution. I rage quit, so much that I nearly stopped playing cod. If it wasn't for the occasional mature thread on these forums I probably would have stopped playing by now.

There seems to be a cycle with cod. Start off green, enjoy the game, learn the game, go orange, understand when you get beaten and understand when it's the connection issues that beat you, go red, finally suss that you're taking it too serious and hardcore can still give you your kicks. It takes some longer than others to see it, some never see it at all.

I read a thread with mature players and it really opened my eyes and since then I've switched back to hardcore and for once have a high win loss(albeit in one mode hc ffa) and think before I back out.

It's been said many times before if you can't kill anyone the game isn't fun, hence the rage quitting. Core is unplayable for me due to the "whatever the current excuse is" and it's probably that way for many others too. So it doesn't surprise me that it's getting on peoples nerves that people quit too much.

I appreciate your enthusasium about the issue, but deranking or lowering xp won't help. They simply don't care about it enough. Some do, but the majority don't. I can't recall the last winning match I played in which multiple people on the losing team didn't quit just prior to the match ending or when it does end and the scoreboard comes up. In either case they forfeit their match bonus XP which is A LOT.

Why they quit that late in the match just prior to gaining massive XP is beyond me. They either don't have an understanding of it or they care too much about being on the bottom of the scoreboard, even though their stats suck to begin with usually.

I think this is the dumbest idea truthfully if you want people to quit backing out then you need to fix the problem. There not backing out cause they have to many xp points so taken them away isnt gonna fix anything. Maybe if the fix the lag, and the spawn, and if you think people are backing out cause the people they are playing up again are better then they need to match people together with the same kd.

I think this is the dumbest idea truthfully if you want people to quit backing out then you need to fix the problem. There not backing out cause they have to many xp points so taken them away isnt gonna fix anything. Maybe if the fix the lag, and the spawn, and if you think people are backing out cause the people they are playing up again are better then they need to match people together with the same kd.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

It's pretty harsh but the backlash from a system like these will be more damaging to Treyarch than help. The way the game plays and the way you get a probation for something that's not your fault, like getting kicked out of a lobby is bad enough. Imagine the hate that will flood the forums if you get deranked instead of a 5 minute temporary ban for something that may not even be your fault.