30 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2012 1:27 PM by Wolfpack4Life Branched to a new discussion. RSS

I feel bad for Treyarch

Wolfpack4Life

I actually feel bad for Treyarch. 99% of the people do not realize it is impossible to cater to everyone! There are going to be some things you will like and some things you dont like, deal with it kids! All Treyarch can do is try to make the game as fair as possible, it's not to make sure every little whining baby can run around with their favorite setup all the time.

As far as lag/matchmaking is concerned I don't feel bad for them as it definitely needs to be fixed. But some of the comments on here are pathetic. You guys actually think they aren't trying to fix these problems? You think they are ignoring them? If you do you are an IDIOT! It takes time people, these issues aren't easy to fix and if they were they wouldn't exist in the first place. Grow up!

• Re: I feel bad for Treyarch
    Izjar11

Wolfpack4Life wrote:

I actually feel bad for Treyarch. 99% of the people do not realize it is impossible to cater to everyone! There are going to be some things you will like and some things you dont like, deal with it kids! All Treyarch can do is try to make the game as fair as possible, it's not to make sure every little whining baby can run around with their favorite setup all the time.

As far as lag/matchmaking is concerned I don't feel bad for them as it definitely needs to be fixed. But some of the comments on here are pathetic. You guys actually think they aren't trying to fix these problems? You think they are ignoring them? If you do you are an IDIOT! It takes time people, these issues aren't easy to fix and if they were they wouldn't exist in the first place. Grow up!

I wouldn't feel bad, they sold a product made "mucho plata" and yes many will never be happy, many who keep playing continue to claim they can't get back to MW, or MW2 or BO or MW3. But they continue purchasing the games, year after year.

But there are issues that are serious, and remove fairness from the game, these issues (latency, ping balancing, spawn) should be improved.

ghamorra

They clearly weren't trying to please everyone. This game was made for one playstyle and they went out of their way to ensure other playstyle would be inferior. So you can't really say Trey was trying to make everyone happy

Destro788

100% correct and that's why people are so pissed off! If it were fair and the game worked people would be busy playing the game. I never posted on the forums before this disaster of a release before. I'm fed up with it, I'm not going to sit on the sidelines and hope they fix it later.

We had lots of fun playing S&D for years as a clan and now we just can't stand the game at all! I don't feel sorry for them, if the game was not ready it should have never went to street. The money they make is sick, and usually I say that's cool, but this is unforgiveable.

For the most part i do agree with your message about there being too many cry babys on this forum, but about feeling sorry for them treyarch ... Not one bit, every since the game came out these guys arent still able to fix the lag, this game can be as good as it can but if its not playable then whats the point? Tell me one reason why we should deal with whosever got the best connection wins? For the most part i never have a problem with my connection but the people that im playing up against, i can feel their frustration.

Whats most comcerning to me is that this problem is very similar to that on black ops which they were never able to fix... Modern warfare 3 and black ops 2 came out and still black ops has lag/comnection problems. I hate to admit it but modern warfare 3 was 100% better at this.

sstang1

I don't really have a problem with the "Balance" - Guns - Score Streaks - etc. 

I just want good matchmaking so if I lose a fight it was fair and not because others have the benefit of a better connection.

Its all about the matchmaking for me.

BukLau101

People will always complain no matter what but I definately don't feel sorry for Treyarch every year cod rakes in millions for Activision/Infinity Ward/Treyarch.

No way in hell I can agree with your post. You pay for a game, you expect it to be finished. You don't expect for a company to release an unfinished product and HOPE they fix it over time. What if Sony hyped you up over a PS4 and sold you one that wasn't fully finished? and told you that they will be sending you parts over the next few months, but try to enjoy it for now? I'm sure you would be mad. It's the mentality of people like you that gives Treyarch/IW a reason to do what they do. They know people like you will continue to buy the game and feed their pockets.

As people have stated before, if they would only fix the one major issue, the lag, a lot of the complaining would go down. And don't give me that "it takes time" bs. People have been saying that very line since MW2 days, after the whole IW and Activision drama. How much time does a company that is selling a game and making billions of $$$ off of it need to fix a pretty simple problem? (considering this is what they do for a living, not too long). Also, considering they have 2 years since the last release of a game to make a game.. There shouldn't be as many problems as there is. Good job QA team.

Jaggajatt187

Totally agree, the game they sold us has a 12 month life cycle. It's been a month and it's been borderline unplayable for most of it and they are asking us for patience? They're gonna allow us to enjoy it for 6 month out of 12 and then drop a new game on us. The reason they realeased this game whenever they did was to collect huge bonuses by meeting certain criteria set forth by activision. Tray Arch knew this game would be a steaming POS on the PS3 @ launch and did it anyway. So no I don't feel bad for them one bit, they're fixing a game that they deliverd unfinished in order to collect bonuses and have the nerve to deny that Lag exists or that the PS3 plays BO2 as good as the 360.

Wolfpack4Life

Also, you have to realize this has been your personal experience. For me BO2 has been great the first month. Odd lag issue and a couple hard freezes other than that it has been just fine and i've enjoyed playing it way more than MW3 and will continue to enjoy it.

Jaggajatt187

The fact that it's a crap port from 360 is not a personal opinion its fact. Lag obviously isn't affecting everyone because for every person on the bad end of lag comp there are people on the good end. This forum is full of people who are experiencing lag, and that is the number one complaint by far. You might be enjoying the game, and I'm glad someone is, but once they patch the game and fix lag we might be on the opposite side of the argument. So enjoy who know's how long it will last.

Wolfpack4Life wrote:

these issues aren't easy to fix and if they were they wouldn't exist in the first place. Grow up!

I actually laughed at this part. There are PLENTY of online multiplayer games with no lag and really no other issues. It's not a bad idea to be grown up and to be knowledgeable. Don't listen to the bs that these companies and a lot of people on this forum feed you.

Who cares about classes being fixed, or killstreaks nerfed.  I dont even care about SMG's and Shotties goin off like they do, I care about the Lag issues and only that, all else will fix itself.  How can you say people are cry babies with an inferior product?  Even if it didnt have these issues we as a community should still leave feedback for a game...pro's and cons for the gaming company.  Ever heard the saying "A squeaky wheel gets grease"?  That's my point.  Agreed you can also "Catch more Bees with honey, than vinegar" but something always needs to be said, whining about your fellow gamer calling out crybaby does nothing but tighten Treyarchs belt and strengthens their back to not let anyone know what is happening!  My two cents, as confusing as I am.

vadariu

cater to 99% please all they need to do is fix the spawn and lag  what else is there what all been saying but have they done anything no so  they can bite me

While I somewhat agree with the OP, I've got to admit that I'm not at all surprised by the responses, lol.

I'm not saying the game is perfect, or that it wouldn't be 1000 times better with dedicated servers, but if you're going to call out the rage-babies, you've got to expect that their only response will be more rage!

I think the next COD game should come complete with a voucher for free anger management therapy!

Wolfpack4Life

Like I said, I know everyone is pissed about the matchmaking/lag/compensation/ping, but I don't think any game which has this many players would launch right into a perfect system (aside from dedicated servers). So I doubt they were sitting back thinking oh crap, the lobbies are going to be awful, launch it anyway! Also to suggest they aren't aware of these issues or that they aren't trying to fix them is insane. If they are nerfing the betty's you can be damn sure they are aware of the lag issues etc.

Also, i'm not really referring to the people that complain about lag etc. because it is frustrating. But if you look at all the posts about the other things on this board it's littered with complaints about guns, uav's, perks, shotty's, quickscoping, ghost etc. It's these people that need to understand that the game cannot be setup in a way that everyone is 100% happy with. Some stuff you will like some stuff you will hate. Need to learn how to deal with it!

You just stated 4 key issues "matchmaking/lag/compensation/ping", (you missed out on the game hard freezing) which have yet to be resolved. 95% or more of the players purchase this game solely for the online content.

I have been a BETA tester for awhile and have played some massive releases that were open to purchase this month and last month. Any lag problems/freezes, etc. were all recorded and information was sent to the developer who fixed it almost immediately. There were new patches once a week attempting to fix the problems prior to the title being released to avoid what is happening right now with Black Ops 2.

Obviously the developers who have seen the previous success of this title knows at any given time, roughly how many players would be online, and they still managed to provide insufficient support. Yes, they did know that the game was riddled with problems and still released it to the public so that they could get paid. Unless their testers played 1 online game and no one froze or had lag, then they knew of these issues for months.

Now you have the added effect of the hard freezing damaging your blu-ray and rendering your system useless. You yourself have experienced these hard freezes and figure it's no biggie, but it is damaging your system regardless. When you have hundreds of cases of this happening, you can no longer hide behind the reasons of your system has too much dust and your system is too old ( especially since its happened to both fat and slim systems).

You had 2 years and hundreds of millions of dollars at your disposal. The product is something that shouldn't have been released until the major issues were dealt with.

You just spent your hard earned money on a product you were promised would work properly. Now, aside from basic connection issues, you have the added worry of your system not working at all should the game freeze.

At some point you have to stop covering for them and tell them to be accountable. The majority of people you see on here complaining about the larger issues, are the same people who have been covering for these developers for years. They now see the companies for what they really are, and they have had enough.

u feel bad lmfao prob more than half poeple who bought this game still cant even play it and they aint doin anything about it.its been 3 weeks since i could even get past main menue

Agent_ACiD

Probably because you magically violated TOS without even knowing it. Then of course there is no way to fight a TOS ban because the automatic system that they have built doesn't keep tabs on anything but the fact that they've determined your a hacker and you now have a 60 dollar coaster.

damn never thought of that but im not a hacker or anything i can barely use comp lmao

i never got message saying i was banned

Agent_ACiD

You won't get a message stating you were banned. They are complete ******** about it. If you call support and provide them with a boat load of information they will send you a message a week later stating you've been banned for TOS violations (generically of course) and give you no indication as to what TOS you actually violated. They banned every one of my accounts that I tried logging on because their automagic system for determining if you have hacked your system "dectected" something on my ps3 apparently which is kind of interesting because I've been in contact with Sony and SONY hasn't "detected" anything but legitimate firmware.

unimatrix1of3

How can I feel bad for a company that gave us...

1. An unfinished game

2. Cheated and won't respond to founder members about extended services

3. Shafted hardened and care package owners by trying to charge us again for content we already paid when we buy an already overpriced season pass

4. Class your issues as resolved without giving you a response.

JGDC74

You should direct your anger at Activision, not Treyarch.

It's Activision who make the decisions.

And even they are not as bad as EA.

EA truly are scum!

Agent_ACiD

Nah, Treyarch is the developer, Activision is the publisher, same with EA. It is always the fault of the developer not the "publisher" Treyarch also has some magic system in which they can determine that you have violated TOS without even playing the game. Then of course they won't respond at all if you ask what you did. You just get a generic "You violated TOS piss off *****" message.

unimatrix1of3

Not angry, that gets no one anywhere.  Stating the fact that I'm not feeling sorry for Treyarch after all the lies and deceit to loyal customers that's all.

And as for EA being brought into the conversation, why? This is an Activision forum so how does this count as relevant or even on topic?

JGDC74

Call of Duty games are the most anger-inducing games I have ever played!

I mean, how many times have you had someone give you abuse in a game? The gameplay just brings it out of people.

Treyarch could come out with the perfect game with no lag, no over powered weapons, great maps, etc, and there would still be a load of people here complaining.

Amazingly, after the disaster that was MW3, and Infinity Ward's refusal to fix the hacking in MW1 and MW2, there are still Infinity Ward fanboys that will praise everything they do and bash everything Treyarch do. Very strange...

True, few titles inspire as much rage as COD. I'm sure we've all experienced it at one point or another (seriously, you should hear me curse in-game, it would make a sailor blush).

I think maybe they should try to develop a way to implement some sort of mandatory "time-out" for a player to cool down between when they finish/quit a match and post on the forums, though.

WolfRidge

While you're feeling sorry for them?...

They're laughing all the way to the bank

They owe us a good game!