42 Replies Latest reply: Dec 9, 2012 2:12 PM by Mojo33 RSS

You guys need to realize something.

barneykiller

Treyarch sent out a patch within 3-4 weeks upon release. They resolved numerous issues PLUS even nerfed guns. IW took months just to send out a patch let alone even try to communicate with us. You guys need to realize that even though this game does have some major issues, the rate for a game being completely playable may be closer than we think. I will guess around January.

• Re: You guys need to realize something.
    unimatrix1of3

I agree about the patch but as for the communicating bit, I'm still waiting for that to happen. Lol

ghamorra

Follow them on Twitter, they release daily updates. Communicating on here would be internet suicide, look at the lynch mob waiting for any Dev. Hell Foxhound is just a moderator and look at the hate he gets

barneykiller

No bro Treyarch takes in all the feedback that we tell them. How do you think they came to the conclusion to raise the UAV, RC-XD and change aspects from a variety of things. They listen to us. Plus they did all that within a matter of weeks. Very surprised and excited to see what is in store in the next patch.

The problem is, they worked on the problems with the guns and uav's and everything else. But the first week there was complaints about patch 1.03 making the game lag, as well as freeze. They spoke a little on the freeze, but continue to pretend that there is no problem with the lag. I'm not saying this problem can be addressed in a day, but admitting that there may be a problem with the network could be helpful.

As far as twitter, if I have to follow you there, why have a website with a forum section. I'm want to talk directly with the developers on their turf, not follow them through a third party.

JUSTBAZE wrote:

As far as twitter, if I have to follow you there, why have a website with a forum section. I'm want to talk directly with the developers on their turf, not follow them through a third party.

I'd rather the developers were working on fixing game issues & getting ramped up for DLC releases than sitting around on a web forum responding to people who can't issue a complaint without using multiple f-bombs. (EDIT: Obviously you don't fall into that category, but sadly the majority on here do)

I agree that they need to address the lag issue & stop pretending it doesn't exist or is all on our ends ("our" meaning every player on every system), but overall I think they do a fair job of communcating between here, Twitter, and in-game announcements.

barneykiller

True. I honestly want the matchmaking to be the #1 PRIORITY, but I guess they know better than the consumers about what needs fixing and what could wait until later.

hyper72

We talking jan 2013 or 2014

When u pay money for anything that is brand new there shouldn't be any problems with it. The game should have been tested on a free beta for everyone on both systems. Most of the major problems could have been fixed. But then the game would come out til March.

When u pay money for anything that is brand new there shouldn't be any problems with it.

You are either very young, very naive or both.

I am not trying to insult you. I am  just pointing out that consumer goods, regardless of the price paid, have issues once the genral public gets ahold of them sometimes.

That's life.

Buck up and solution hunt or wait for a fix.

what about the fact that the game freezes even in campaign, and yes still does even afer the updates....how can you put out a game that is unplayable

I am not talking about the game other than suggesting patience, I am talking about this statement.

When u pay money for anything that is brand new there shouldn't be any problems with it.

I did not make the gross generalization, I am just commenting on it and I will admit I tend to be more patient that the average gamer.

I don't know what you are buying, but when I pay a premium price for something, I expect it to work right the first time, or I take it back. In fact, I have been below-standard things for cheap that have worked better than this game. It is sad that you would say someone who expects a product to work out of the box is naive, and perhaps a testament to the complacency we as a society have developed.

Either way, unfortunately the store that I bought BO2 from would not take it back, so here I am stuck with this glitchy lagfest of a game. Whatever happened to "do it right the first time or don't bother"?

But this isn't really a "new game", obvious differences but same chassis underneath, when this happens with anything else the newer versions are generally an improvement not a regression of standards.

it sucks but the mentality these days for these companies is release now - patch later. every single company is doing it. I think another big title assassin's creed 3 is bugged up to hell as well. companies spend all their money marketing their games and then don't bother with quality assurance. activision is the biggest example because they have so much money and market off call of duty like no tomorrow but then their games come out and they are always messes. I did not get call of duty 4 day one so i can't tell you much about that but I can tell you from world at war on these games have been a mess at release date. as far as bugs go this is the buggiest call of duty  to date.

Destro788

This game is in no way going to be playable by January. The ballance issues are so far off, I don't know how they had the balls to go to launch with this garbage. No matter what game mode your in you can't tell the difference, it's all mindless noob MG spam. The same class, running around dumbing down COD to one stlye of play.

ghamorra

To be honest I'm impressed they issued the patch for the freezes as quickly as they did. Those sort of patches are typically complicated and takes weeks to develop. They were all over that and deserve props in that regard

Totally agree..

You guys want to see bad ps3 support..

Play borderlands 2.

Funny how back when games cost $10 less brand new, there was a lot less of this incomplete at launch BS. Sure you still had buggy games, but not nearly to the extent we have today. Now-a-days you are paying $60+ (even before you pay another $100 in DLCs) for products that have SEVERE issues. You know there used to be these people that their only job was to play the game and find most (if not all) these bugs and glitches, but like someone stated earlier, I guess they can't afford to hire these people anymore because that money goes towards celebrity endorsements now. This is why alpha and beta tests exist, to stress test the servers to work out lag kinks and things like that beforehand. But wonderful publishers that they are, companies like Activision and EA rush the hell out of these games to meet holiday release dates. Also funny how this game had no issues like we see now during Gamescom..makes me wonder..

ghamorra

Games have come a long way since Pong and those of the 8-bit world. Also I'm sure inflation would put those games in the ballpark of 30ish dollars if not more. That's a very bad argument to make

So your logic is because it costs more now, that it is ok to release an unfinished product? Little bugs and glitches here and there ok fine no big deal, but when you have a product with serious game (and reported console) breaking issues, then there is a major problem. In what other industry do you pay full price for a product that doesn't perform it's main function? Are you gonna pay full MSRP for a new vehicle off the lot, but it doesn't have tires on it and they tell you that you will get your tires later? Not sure if that is a perfect analogy but I think you should know what I'm getting at. If the game is a little laggy at launch because everyone and their mother are online playing ok I'm cool with that, but when weeks go by and we are still in defcon 3 and unable to load theatre videos because treyarch failed to address this 10th prestige glitch because of lack of QA now that I have beef with. Don't get me wrong, I love BO2, and it has the potential to be one of the best in the franchise, but I am just getting tired of every installment following the same patterns. That goes for other franchises as well as Call of Duty is not the only offender.

ExoLance wrote:

I am just getting tired of every installment following the same patterns.

You hit the nail on the head (or the camper in the head, whichever you prefer).  As they make these games more and more complex to take advantage of more powerful consoles & faster internet connections, they need longer to develop each one; the way it seems to work now, Treyarch/IW release their game and spend the next 12 months trying to fix it, then have 12 additional months to produce the next title in order to meet Activision's release schedule.  It seems to me that it would make a lot more sense for them to either bring in a third developer or bring out new titles once every 18 or 24 months.  Obviously they're still not going to be able to identify every glitch, bug, or exploit before release, but that should minimize the major ones.

I understand that the gaming industry pretty much demands a new title from each series every year, but at some point you have to stop and do the math...are you going to lose more customers by waiting longer to release a better product than you do by releasing fatally flawed ones every fall?  Activision seems to think so, and if they're right then maybe we share a good deal of the blame for continuing to buy the product at release every year.

hyper72

8bit pong you having a laugh kids today hey.

cybereyes2

Its not about quality anymore, its about making as much money as you can make as quickly as you can and then moving on. The next COD will be getting advertisements in mere months. This game is already yesterdays news aside from doing just good enough to milk some DLC money out of you. You know the Dev team has already been cut in half and are working on new projects.

I'm no programmer, but when you consider that, when it comes to online gaming, sure we're all on PS3s but, beyond that, there are as many different combinations and configurations of networks, modems, routers, and ISPs as there are people playing (or at least trying to play) the game. It doesn't take a whole lot of common sense to realize that it must be a nearly impossible task to task to have an online game work flawlessly on all of them.

I'm old enough to remember when there was no internet, let alone online gaming (hell, I pre-date gaming consoles. When I was a kid you had to make a trip to the arcade and spend a quarter to play a video game), so I'm still impressed that I'm even capable of playing a game at all, in real-time, from the comfort of my living room couch, simultaneously with people from all over the world.

No small feat, if you ask me, even if ther is a little lag.

barneykiller

Yeah I understand. People have mixed opinions on this issue.

ColtMagnum

"There are as many different combinations and configurations of networks, modems,routers as there are people playing"? So what? Do you remember COD4 and MW2? There also were as many different combinations and configurations of networks, modems, routers as there were people playing, but these 2 games worked perfectly without connection or lag issues. Sorry Mojo, but you will have to find something more consistent to explain the problems we are dealing with.

Lol, you're living in a fantasy world if you honestly believe that ANY COD game has ever run flawlessly and without lag issues, especially only a month after launch! Obviously you've forgotten what a laggy, unplayable mess it was trying to play Ground War on Bog!

Funny how everyone seems to repress the memories of all the problems the previous CODs had. Must be why they're able to sell so many copies year after year,  and STILL don't have dedicated servers - something the players habe been begging for since COD 4!

Face it, COD titles have always had issues with lag.

Kingfury

After the 1.04 update I've gone negative in every single match I've played. Nerf the Laser Sight already. But, yeah, Treyarch is communicating well.

True, but you have to admit that regardless of how quickly they patched issues...they were BIG issues that shouldn't have been present upon release.

ChestSplittah

No IW didnt take months. I was talking with the guy in charge of IW on MW3CoDHQ within a week or so of the game being released.  As were other guys. It didnt take months for IW to release a patch either.

barneykiller

It sure seemed like two months. I hardly ever remember being told about a patch or even the development of a patch. Every time something new was released I was surprised and had no idea what it consisted of. At least with Treyarch they notify us what they are doing on Twitter.