23 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2012 2:50 PM by JtinAquino RSS

this rage quitting needs to be addressed, soon, as, possible!

just played for 2 hours, and every game, people left, EVERY GAME. and games i joined, were games were people had left. joining dom games when all 3 flags are capped, killstreaks raining down, its getting to me. treyarch must be aware of this, it must be there in the data, it needs looking at becuase its killing the game, it really is. wether its SBMM, lagg, whatever, i dont know and this post isnt about the cause, its for treyarch, god i hope they see this or are looking at this, because all other problems seem insignificant in comparison.

• Re: this rage quitting needs to be addressed, soon, as, possible!

people what are leaving are proberbly on the bad end of lag comp i hate leaving games but i have to say the lag has forced me to it gets that bad

papaxs

Peiple who rage quit should be getting warnings and suspensions. not sure why this is no working yet?  Maybe trearch needs to be more strict? I think its three game in a row or hour, if you quit you get a warning???

zingaa

Until the lag is fixed I will be forced to rage quit sorry. I don't want to do it, but I'm not going to suffer through a game that is unplayable, don't be mad at the player be mad at treyarc, if lag improves you will see rage quitting improve I guarntee it.

well said zingaa people dont like to leave but sometimes there is no other choice

biron_w

What he said.

if i'm in a game that's super laggy then i'm not going to stay in it. Simple as that.

Sort out the lag and host selection and I won't need to quit out.

AR76

I agree, this game is so inconsistent.  The only real consistency I find is that the players who are posting ridiculous scores, like 96 - 6, such as last night, are running and gunning, and teleporting all over the place.  I mean they have a pretty significant advantage over others.  It's not fun when you can't even come close to breaking even using tactics like ambushes because someone comes around a corner, sees you in their peripheral vision stops, takes like a half step back, swings in your direction and aims, then fires like 7 or 8 shots in the lower half of the character model and kills you---from your experience he was barely rounding the corner when you died instantly.  This, of course is when I have a stable 4 bar connection.  When I don't have 4 bars, I find that it doesn't matter if I round a corner and see someone before they see me because my first 3 shots don't ever seem to register and a lot of head-to-head battles then break down to where who was hit and with what weapon they were firing.

Hey, the best search criteria needs to block these glitchers from turning on net tools as soon as the match begins.  Lock them down and rubber-band their sorry butts.  After all, it states that only a high-quality internet connection is recommended.  So all the $20/month u-verse sharing a line with netflix streaming and WoW raiding can play with each other and let us DMZed Fios/turbo cable players compete in a as-near-to-even-as-possible environment.

And I love for people to call it lag compensation, you know what lag compensation is?  It is client-side hit detection combined with an algorithm that weights packets based upon latency for head-to-head combat scenarios.  At least, that's what it was for CoD4.  This isn't lag compensation, it's glitch, plain and simple and lots of people know it now.  Why do you think bandwidth throttling was so effective for MW3?  Back in the day it was torrent uploading, it has similar effects just less predictable.  Come on treyarc, at least give us the option to not have to play with these bozos.

I, for one, don't think that levyiing a penalty because someone doesn't want to continue contributing to someone else's good time while being frustrated the entire time is fair.  I am inclined to equate that to incarcerating an individual who was sexually assaulted as opposed to their attacker.

slap1i

In the meantime, no complaining about probation then.

why dont u just stop playing then? i get in laggy games, i dont leave. as you say, its unplayable, right?

zingaa

VulcanArms wrote:

why dont u just stop playing then? i get in laggy games, i dont leave. as you say, its unplayable, right?

It's kind of like the lottery, you know you won't win but you play anyways. I just hope for the time I can string 3 or even 4 good games in a row together, which is pathetic..

I honestly barely play (compared to MW3), maybe try an hour every other night and almost always quit to watch tv..

Why is it you are seeing a rash of rage quits? Do you seriously think it's because players are losing? Seriously? No, chances are it's because they were on the bad side of lag for the thousandth time and they quit...

yea, some people probably do leave becuase of lag, but your being niave to think that this community isnt full of the type of people who will leave if there losing, ive played soooooo many fps's over the years, console and pc, and the cod community is by far the worst, for so many reasons. like i sai, what excuse do the many teams who are winning but but back out when a comeback is mounted? this happens a lot to me.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I think people quit because of the lag. If they fix it then I think it will lesser the number of quitters by as much as 80%. The lag is the biggest issue on this game and Treyarch is very silent on the issue. They're not even saying that they are looking at it.

Lag's the easy way out excuse for a lot of people. It's a valid complaint for some, but not for the majority.

I play pretty much only objective based games. I would venture to say this is the worst rage-quitting I have ever seen in an online FPS game thus far, and it's always as soon as a team falls behind, certainly not because of lag.

In fact, I've been on the bad side of lag (very, very bad side of lag) and still was just better at getting to the objective than the other team. Result? Rage-quit.

If they're hosting and dashboarding, it's infuriating. It's bad enough though they do it and we have to suffer through constant host migrations, and then with the game in hand...it's 6 on 2 or 3.

r33k

this is very VERY common in DOM. 1 outta 5 matches is a win by forfit for me.i cant say i really blame em. who wants to stick around when the spawn is being controlled like a herd of cattle.

I have no reason to stay in a game where my team is not playing like a team. I don't get a lot of time to play, when I do, I don't feel like being your cannon fodder.

I will gladly stay and help a team that is working hard to win, even if we loose. Team full of campers and non cappers can loose just fine without my assistance.

asystole

People quit for all reasons, even if you fix lag (which you can't, because there will always be some sort of lag in one form or another). Some people are just sore loosers. Or, some would rather quit than sit and take a beating with randoms.

Besides, there will always be someone who has to leave a game for another reason besides the score.

Why does this even bother anyone? Let people do what they want. Is it really hurting you? I mean, you play for hours and hours. Is it going to happen every single time for the thousands of games you will play? No, so don't fret and move on.

Even if 3arch could monitor exactly how many times a person quits, how do you enforce it? If I want to quit a game, I quit. Who can dictate to me when I can and cannot leave a video game? You cannot force a player to stay in a game when they are the ones who pay to play it. If I don't have a choice as to which game matchmaking puts me in, then why should I be bound to stay? It's just silly

I  tried multi team, and loved the concept. But in multi-team, when people who are losing leave, the game gets unplayable. I dont really mind early quieters, but when they do quit like 1 minute before the end of the game... then its really impolite.

Sure, there is plenty of reason to leave a game. But common etiquette would be to not to. Game are not that long anyway, its not Monopoly. Even if the phone ring, I won't just leave. Ill hide my player in a dark corner and hope for the best.

Wether I'm winning or losing, I'll stay.Even when  almost all my team rage quit. I'll just put in extra.effort.

Its a common case of «Do to others as you wish they do to you»

trialstardragon

There is nothing they can do to stop it. Only try to deter it. and most attemps at deterring do not work against those who rage quit as often as some players do.

So really there is nothing they can do about it. For no matter what punishment they give out people will still rage quit.

Hint: Stop carring about your stats so much, they mean nothing once the game is turned off. Your position on a leaderboard does not make you special or awesome or cool.

adw1983

I rage quit because of lag for the 41st time today in Black Ops 2.

I had 4 green bars and flickered between 3 and 4 green bars -- and I was behind EVERYONE with 3 bars. I could not win close quarter combats for the life of me.

So I quit.

Host migration.

Not.

This.

Again.

I only rage quit 5 times in MW3 -- and three of those five times, I was the host in MW3.

I've rage quit because of lag 41 times so far in Black Ops 2.

242 hours of MW3 = 5 rage quits due to lag

72 hours of BO2 = 41 rage quits due to lag, 0 because I was losing or going negative

(I have sucked up 15-45 matches multiple times because there was no lag in BO2, and five of the games I quit were winning games)

banned-again

not everyone who quits does it because they are getting the asses kicked ive been leaving loads of games the past few days some because of lag but mostly because ive joined games half way through and were being spawned trapped

I've been really frustrated when the game is about 1-2 minutes in and if someone on my team isn't doing well, they CLEARLY tell their other friends on their team that they are going to back out. They're in it solely for their stats when it is DOM/DEM/S&D...

The solution that has been working for me is playing with a party. We are all on the same page, they're my friends, and most important, I know they won't back out even if they're not doing so well. Stick with playing with private parties man!