1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 55 Replies Latest reply: Dec 22, 2012 11:47 AM by Ebs317 Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: Raise HC health from 30% to 50%
    rankismet

Dscru wrote:

I play hardcore quite a bit in BO2. It's the 1st COD since COD4 where I've enjoyed playing this mode, as I prefer the slower pace over core.

I just think the mode would be a little more fun if it would take 3 or 4 bullets to kill rather than 2. Not a dramatic change to gameplay. Someone who gets the drop on you or faster trigger finger will still down their opponent easily, but maybe it'll take more of an effect in certain circumstances like heading for cover to cover etc. Sniping with pistols would just be a tad harder

I could also open up attacking gameplay a little bit, rather than 90% defensive gamestyle . I don't think the pace suffer too much. It'll still be hardcore

I don't know what core fans would think about raising the core health so I'm only suggesting HC. Upping HC to 50% tho would give a better experience imo, closer to the way it was in cod4.

Is it possible for the devs to change it + test it for a while without the need of a patch? I'm sure I read somewhere they can change/tweak most things with a hotfix this year.

Normally, I'm not for changing HC...

... however...

... I kinda like this suggestion. Connectivity issues really are affecting HC gameplay because it takes so little to kill you... adding a touch of health would help offset it.

• 21. Re: Raise HC health from 30% to 50%
    AudibleTuna

Why though... Why would you want to be able to withstand an unrealistic amount of damage in HARDCORE?? It defeats the purpose of hardcore.

• 22. Re: Raise HC health from 30% to 50%
    AudibleTuna

It will make no difference though... Adding health in HC won't help with the connectivity..

• 23. Re: Raise HC health from 30% to 50%

Your logic is so flawed.

Down to 10% by the end of this game cycle? Really? Dont see that happening.

Have you played HC in this Game?

HC is not filled with people with "limited skill" playing "defensively"

Why is it Only Core that allows players to play against " similar or better" players?

SO what you are saying is essentialy this?

You are a better player than ALL of the players in HC.

OR

Everyone in HC has exactly the same skill level?

Wrong! HC has a player base of skilled players, and, HC will not "completely die"

HC is filled with people who want a little more realism.

Not getting shot by someone and hiding in a corner until your health regenerates.

How many people come on here and complain about Camping? A LOT.

And for the majority, they are playing in core. 

I have no issues with Core Players and I do agree that Core has a player Base that is huge.

However the player base for HC is not getting smaller.

Your numbers are flawed.

The number of HC players, playing core right now to get Either KC,or DOM, or Hardpoint.

As soon as a new mode for HC is implemented the HC numbers will be at least 20%.

I for one Consider myself an intelligent player and a person.

I am certainly Sharp enough and Definitely Smart enough to play this game in Core or HC.

I choose not to play core.

I like  the Limited HUD. I also like NOT having a mini map constantly ( PAC MAN Screen)

I like the fact that when I shoot someone they die within a reasonable amount of time.

Especially right now.

If you enjoy Core then Good.

If you Don't play HC any more, then also Good.

Coming on here and Trolling the HC community will certainly earn you no points.

• 24. Re: Raise HC health from 30% to 50%
    AudibleTuna

Uhmmm.... We could start with "Alienating the HC demographic by only including 4 HC game-types. (one of which is broken)"

That might have something to do with a decline in the HC player-base. I mean, what is so difficult to understand about being given an ultimatum? If you want to play KC, you have to play core. If you want to play DOM, you have to play core.... etc etc etc... I can guarantee you that the number of people playing HC would jump by 20-30,000 players (if not more) if HC variants of those game-types existed.

• 25. Re: Raise HC health from 30% to 50%

No, no, no

No

Hardcore mode is fine, it is supposed to be «Hardcore».

You play bad, and you die, quick.

In Core, some weapon can take up to 6 bullet in the chest to kill at moderate distance. So Brainless player can go out in the open, get shot several time, miraculously survive, wait a sec under cover and be back at full health and think they are somewhat «skilled» LOL

I mean, even a .22 caliber rifle sold at Wal-Mart would render anyone useless in less than 6 bullet to the abdomen or chest at moderate range. So the little bit of realism in hardcore is very appreciated.

I dont want a Hardcore mode that is almost like Core but without a map. If i want to play something like Core without a map, I'll just play Core and not look at it.

• 26. Re: Raise HC health from 30% to 50%
    Tick7

The ignoramous, are those that camp and ADS and do nothing at all, and have done so for years, ruining the playlist, and yet STILL expecting the community to do things for them like they deserve it.

• 27. Re: Raise HC health from 30% to 50%
    AudibleTuna

I've concluded that your problem is that you have a low SPM in HC:TDM. Given that, "skill-based" matchmaking goes off of SPM, those with low SPMs are more likely to be campers/ ADS head-glitchers. If you went up against myself or any other competent HC player, you would see that HC is about tactics & actually requires skill- contrary to your belief

so try getting your SPM up & then talk to us about HC being filled with skill-less players.

P.S. - I really enjoy playing against the people you're talking about. They like to give me headshots.

• 28. Re: Raise HC health from 30% to 50%
    Tick7

AudibleTuna wrote:

Uhmmm.... We could start with "Alienating the HC demographic by only including 4 HC game-types. (one of which is broken)"

Only given you 4 game types because there aren't enough of you to warrant having the same/more server resources allocated to you. You want more game modes, or do you want to be able to get into games at a reasonable time.

AudibleTuna wrote:

That might have something to do with a decline in the HC player-base. I mean, what is so difficult to understand about being given an ultimatum? If you want to play KC, you have to play core. If you want to play DOM, you have to play core.... etc etc etc... I can guarantee you that the number of people playing HC would jump by 20-30,000 players (if not more) if HC variants of those game-types existed.

Black Ops 1 HC game modes:

HC Free for All

HC TDM

HC Cap the Flag

HC Headquarters

HC Search and Destroy

HC Sabotage

HC Demolition

HC Domination

..when all those playlists were available in the HC section, the number was pretty much identical to what it is now - we know this, because we played predominently HC HQ in Black Ops, and when it was packaged we were upset and did some digging to find out why (answer = there wasn't enough HC players).

So your logic of "more game modes = more HC players" might be true, but not to the magnitude or the percentage that you are suggesting. Far from it.

• 29. Re: Raise HC health from 30% to 50%
    rankismet

AudibleTuna wrote:

It will make no difference though... Adding health in HC won't help with the connectivity..

No... but will help compensate... when I play Core KC (because we have no HC version) I survive may encounters where they simply can't aim and it takes more shots to kill me.

In HC...I'm dying when shooting first in poor connection rroms. I'd have a chance if they upped the health.