6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2012 11:54 AM by D4nth3m4n RSS

Millimeter scanner not very popular?

D4nth3m4n

I hardly noticed anyone using it during my playtime (2 prestieges). I like using it for modes where people are sat still in objectives and camping outside doors such as on hijacked - its kinda fun!

One thing I've noticed is that you cant use it with FMJ. Im sure this is intended by the deveoplers and currently you can shoot through "most" surfaces although I've found a few you cant which render the intentions of this sight a tad useless. With smfgs set to be nerfed with bullet penetration surely this will make the MS even more obselete?

Millmater scanner with FMJ would be great as an anti camper, anti head glitcher tool. It would certainly add some variety to the gameplay where people think they can stand behind a barrel or outside a doorway for 10 mintues with a 1% chance of dieing.

• Re: Millimeter scanner not very popular?
    shmedlywilcox88

I use it for Domination.  It works great for defense. 

HardKissGoodbye

I am halfway through my 3rd Prestige and I think I have only seen it used once. I assume the reason no one ever uses it is because for it to scan people they have to be not moving, which if this attachment was in MW3 or MW2 it would have been well balanced because there was a good mix of camping and rushing those games. Well in Black Ops 2 if you are not running you are getting killed mostly because the maps are designed for rushing with short lines of sight and every window / room having multiple ways to get to it. I actually tried the MMS on the FAL with select fire on Standoff and I was shooting someone through that brick wall while I was at the hay stack things. He would be not moving behind the wall I would **** 2/3 of a clip into him and he would move back or around so I couldnt see him with the MMS anymore. I reloaded he moved back up so I could see him and repeated the process until I ran out of every bullet. I went through all of ammo shooting him through that wall from about 10-15 feet away and he didnt die, so I don't know if it was because it was the brick wall or what but it definitely made the MMS feel pretty useless, but I will have to try it again shooting through a house or a regular wall.

banned-again

its a waste of time it would have been better if you could use it with fmj

rankismet

D4nth3m4n wrote:

I hardly noticed anyone using it during my playtime (2 prestieges). I like using it for modes where people are sat still in objectives and camping outside doors such as on hijacked - its kinda fun!

One thing I've noticed is that you cant use it with FMJ. Im sure this is intended by the deveoplers and currently you can shoot through "most" surfaces although I've found a few you cant which render the intentions of this sight a tad useless. With smfgs set to be nerfed with bullet penetration surely this will make the MS even more obselete?

Millmater scanner with FMJ would be great as an anti camper, anti head glitcher tool. It would certainly add some variety to the gameplay where people think they can stand behind a barrel or outside a doorway for 10 mintues with a 1% chance of dieing.

Who needs to see through walls when there's a sight that makes you a red box?

D4nth3m4n

I havent used that attachment much. Does it show you people on the other side of walls when you dont have a line of sight?

The beauty of the MS "should" be for killing people sat outside doors waiiting. Also game modes like hardpoint where people are sat in rooms waiting for you to walk into their line of sight in the room would be perfect targets for this sight!

I hope treyarch see it is under used and all FMJ at least!