9 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2012 7:06 AM by Izjar11 RSS

Buff the Assault Shield

superbob

With one simple change this weapon can go from a completely useless joke to actually useful. Make it a hit 1 kill.

It is INEXCUSABLE for it to be a 2 hit kill. 1 shield bash leaves you completely vulnerable for someone to just shoot you before you can get the second hit off. If people can't kill you before you can get in shield range then they deserve to die. It is incredibly easy to just knife/shoot around the shield and since I don't know if it is possible to make the shield wider with a simple hot fix the only reasonable solution is to make it a 1 bash kill.

Also to whoever thought up the gold camo challenges for the shield. You are an evil, evil person.

• Re: Buff the Assault Shield

Play HC? I've never used the Riot shield and probably never will. I'm having a hard enough time getting the Diamond camos for the shotguns.

What are the challenges need for a riot shield. I hope its not double kills and bloodthirstys :X

superbob

You shouldn't have to play hardcore to make something useful. It should be useful across the board.

And the challenges are:

-25 no perks kills. (without lightweight and extreme conditioning everyone can just outrun you)

-25 tomahawk kills while you have the shield equipped.

-25 kills with no weapons. (only problem is tomahawks count as a weapon so you can't work on both challenges)

-25 shield bash medals on people shooting your shield. (Goes to my point of people shooting you between 1st+2nd bash and since they have to shoot you it can't be on unaware people laying prone)

-1000 blocked damage.

It's mainly due to the bs lag in this game, people just shoot right thru the shield...Use scavenger + fast hands + 2 stun grenades, and if you have a friend that will shield with you it helps. One of you throws a stun then you both run up behind the guy and team bash him, lol.

Being able to put it on the ground and use it as cover and shooting through the little hole is a new and pretty cool thing though

-25 tomahawk kills while you have the shield equipped.

I've done all the challenges but this one! can't seem to get any kills for it! am i suppose to use the regular knife if i dont have a secondary weapon or am i suppose to use the ballistic knife? any help please

I just had an interesting thought, has anyone tried to plant it in a doorway and block access or can the other team knock it down?

Izjar11

superbob wrote:

With one simple change this weapon can go from a completely useless joke to actually useful. Make it a hit 1 kill.

It is INEXCUSABLE for it to be a 2 hit kill. 1 shield bash leaves you completely vulnerable for someone to just shoot you before you can get the second hit off. If people can't kill you before you can get in shield range then they deserve to die. It is incredibly easy to just knife/shoot around the shield and since I don't know if it is possible to make the shield wider with a simple hot fix the only reasonable solution is to make it a 1 bash kill.

Also to whoever thought up the gold camo challenges for the shield. You are an evil, evil person.

I have not used it but have read only bad things about it (will try it tonight) from what others are saying it should be buffed to with stand more damage.