23 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2012 1:27 PM by Izjar11 RSS

Death Frenzy!

Izjar11

COD,

These last two weeks have been playing the game a mix of denial and frustration with each game I play. Last night, in overflow (TDM) I was spawning in front of peoples lines of sight! Next to them, around the corner, within the runners path! Its truly a death frenzy in this game, every person I kill is greeted with an enemy's happy embrace to the after world (virtually).

My positive stats are now being erased game by game (I've noticed this from my fellow team as well). I find myself playing with cheap tactics to secure "lucky" kills, everything I try is countered by spawning enemy's near my position, and I am sure its a vice versa thing for them.

I will play, limited but will continue playing for the sake of playing. I do really hope that the next patch addresses our concerns and issues.

Good luck gaming,

• Re: Death Frenzy!
    Nugatu

This is the first issue they need to fix and fast.

rlbl

I find it better than MW3 at 1st, but it is worse than MW3 ended up being after a few tweaks.

I also think the "safe spawn" system is not working out so well:

- In previous CODs, if someone was in your home spawn (domination) would you spawn in a neutral position. In BO2, you still spawn in your base area giving the enemy a chance to spawn kill you.

- Some of the spawns can be memorized: I joined a game as it was finishing and I was featured in the final kill cam spawning in front of a guardian (wtf!?)

- I had to jump out of a few games yesterday as well, because I could not move without being killed. I would go 0-4, backout, join a new game and go 0-4 again... never able to spawn safely...

I am sure many others are experiencing this as well.

I am not not one to care about my stats (I cannot buy anything with it, can't eat it... so IDC) but I would like to be able to play, play fair, and have fun.

Izjar11

I find it better than MW3 at 1st, but it is worse than MW3 ended up being after a few tweaks

Me two, it was safe at first now its plain un fair.

Some of the spawns can be memorized: I joined a game as it was finishing and I was featured in the final kill cam spawning in front of a guardian (wtf!?)

This is and should be considered as blaspheming (in COD terms)

I am not not one to care about my stats (I cannot buy anything with it, can't eat it... so IDC) but I would like to be able to play, play fair, and have fun

Thats good, I have always maintained positive stats because I play for the win, but lately this option of playing to win is no longer optional.

thanks for replying RL

Izjar11

Has anyone else had better luck playing solo or with a team?

Nugatu

Team is better. You can help each other, have better communication. I bet this spawn killing players are not playing solo. But then again it is a strategy and the game allows it.

Izjar11

I say the same about playing with a team, in regards to the spawn its the system  that permits it, people have learned though where someone will spawn they just wait.

Nugatu

I played with some friends that boat map and we had to keep one player in the back at all times so the enemy won't respawn behind us. I was that player and I did not have fun that game.

rlbl

team everyday...

sometimes the lag can be worse but nothing is more frustratating than being the only one sticking their neck out.

Amen to that. You should see some of the 4-24 games I've had because I was the only idiot dumb enough to try taking B or the HQ, or the hardpoint, or setting/defusing the bomb....

s_paw1

Everyone dies more on this game because there is no spawn protection and killstreaks are easy to get and are more powerful. So are the explosives. Lets not compare our KD on this one with the other CODs because I'm pretty sure all of ours has gone lower.

Vlaxos

I've noticed this as well, especially over the last week or so... I seem to start off matches well (for the most part), but as soon as I get killed once, its a downward spiral from there... typically 3-4 kills within 10 seconds of each respawn before I can regain my footing in the match.

I was around a 2 for kdr in the first couple of weeks.  The last two weeks have brought it down to around a 1.6... even one of my buddies who has had a kdr of well over 2 over the past 2 COD releases seems to be struggling to hover around a 1.7.  There just seem to be a lot more of those WTF deaths in this game... not due to lag or anything like that, more just spawning in others line of sight, or spawning as an enemy rounds the corner towards me, etc., etc., etc....

Izjar11

Vlaxos wrote:

I've noticed this as well, especially over the last week or so... I seem to start off matches well (for the most part), but as soon as I get killed once, its a downward spiral from there... typically 3-4 kills within 10 seconds of each respawn before I can regain my footing in the match.

I was around a 2 for kdr in the first couple of weeks.  The last two weeks have brought it down to around a 1.6... even one of my buddies who has had a kdr of well over 2 over the past 2 COD releases seems to be struggling to hover around a 1.7.  There just seem to be a lot more of those WTF deaths in this game... not due to lag or anything like that, more just spawning in others line of sight, or spawning as an enemy rounds the corner towards me, etc., etc., etc....

Exactly what I am experiencing, I began the game strong with good games and high scorestreaks now? Its a struggle to get a hunter killer drone!  YES its not lag (most of my games) its spawning.

Vlaxos

Well in a selfish way I at least feel good in knowing that its not only me... I was starting to think that I was just approaching the game in the wrong way -- maybe moving too quickly, not paying enough attention, etc.  I totally feel your pain my friend!

The thing that makes it even worse is that as these deaths happen, I rage, leading me to play poorly which further compounds the issue... the end result, a high death count.

I started this game with 2.57...now I'm 0.75, normal for me but I do get games with a 2.0 and then the very next game will be a 0.5...dont much care if the team wins the match I'm happy.  Im the guy that warns teammates to watch as I run for B...so they know where the enemies are that killed me in hopes they take them out and cap B for my sacrifice   I'm cool with that.

rtmgp2002

I agree the last 2 weeks have been brutal.  I run mostly solo, and play domination.  I don't care about KDR, so I'm mostly out to cap or defend flags, which causes my KDR to be low most of the time.  During the first few weeks my KDR was steadly climbing (kind of hard not to when you start out at .4).  I used to be able to go positive, get scorestreaks, and still be able help my team.  But lately its a struggle to just get a UAV.  You spawn, and someone is sitting there waiting for you.  You take 2 steps, then you are dead.  Even when you know they are there, because you respawn in the exact same spot, you can't get your gun up fast enough to take them out.  You are almost certain to take 2 or 3 deaths a match this way.  I don't remember it being this way in the beginning. I mean I would die alot, because I was constantly trying to cap a flag, but not right after spawning. 

ghamorra

The Spawnkilling is far easier in this game as others. I mentioned it before; if you know the maps you can get to any point in the map from any point in the map within seconds. These maps are small around the perimeter but inside they're complex. This means the enemy can set up a strong trap and even if you kill them they're sending re-endorsements immediately.

Second is the layout of the spawns themselves. You'll notice that each spawn has an open area blocked off by buildings or walls. While this protects you intitally from enemy fire it leaves you very vulnerable because you turn around the corner blind

I would also like to direct you to this site: http://www.blackopsii.com/bo2/multiplayer-maps/at

If you skim over the map layouts you'll notice that for the most part each map is incredibly similar in terms of how the traffic flows. Each spawn tends to be set up the same way and this makes it easy for team to spawntrap. Once you learn one map you'll learn the all for the most part

Izjar11

Right G'

But yesterday, as I died in point A enemy would continue moving forward I would spawn near him or in front. Other times I would spawn in the open and someone was simply waiting with his sights up I step out, back to another spawn. Never really experienced this as bad as I am now, hopefully, the next patch should help! Fingers crossed.

YO_MOM_IS_NEXT

i'm just tired of spawning at the end of the boat... taking three steps.. then getting killed from BEHIND. i mean, really?