7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2012 2:36 AM by robbierocket RSS

I might be tempting fate...

JASEFC1878

...however, the last two evenings have been nearly perfect for me.

No crashes and people who I expect to kill seem to. The gun battles I lost - I reckon I deserved to lose.

I was playing with connection set to best (which is a new thing I changed) and set my PS3 up with a static IP and DMZ all PS3 traffic. It is already hard wired via ethernet right to the modem/router (which also made a difference).

The only other difference was that whilst I was playing no-one else was on the internet so it was dedicated to my PS3 traffic - whilst other nights my son was on Minecraft or my daughter was using the internet.

So I'm going to see what happens when others are using the internet tonight to see if that is the issue.

My internet connection is 36MMbps down and 18Mbps down with a 17ms or 18ms ping everytime...

I had problems on Virgin media sometimes as the ping varied so much from 30ms up to 60ms - depending on their traffic management policies..

Anyway - perhaps I had a lucky two evenings, however, I really enjoyed it, so fingers crossed it stays like that...

• Re: I might be tempting fate...
    ghamorra

It's not just your ping but everyone elses. If someone else in the lobby has high ping it effects everyone

K1ller_911

Trust me when i tell you the problem isn't on your end it's on theirs. What your experiencinf is a placebo effect you want it to work but its just coincidence. Im sorry to burst your bubble but ive done it all numerous times there's nothing you can do. Ive been trying for over a year to give you some perspective.

XXX32R

36MMbps down and 18Mbps UP?

has nothing to do with ping and all that other sh%*T people b sayn playd b.o1 today it runs so smooth its b.o2 servers clearly     some people say it has to have lag compensation  but thats b.s like i said b.o1 runs great even with a stop light conn. ( red , yellow , green) didnt have any problems getting kills but  b.o2  makes me want2throw my controller threw the t.v  b.o2 suck donkey  d!%k

JASEFC1878

As I said, perhaps I had a lucky few evenings. I've been very frustrated too since launch, however, it was positive for me last two nights which I thought I would share - as I've been venting my frustrations here about the game and to only be fair, I figured it would be worth sharing something positive...

WolfRidge

I did the same last night, I set up a static IP, I've never needed to before? but a static ip, DMZ, Open NAT seemed to work great?

Not exactly scientific as I only played 5 games but I will play later today and report back. 

I've always used DMZ etc, just never had a manual IP config.

robbierocket

I will say this.

For the games MW, WAW and MW2 if I alter something on my end I could notice either no change or a change in game experience.

For the games BO, MW3 and BOII changes (or inconsistencies) occur without any alteration on my end and if I alter something on my end it is impossible to attribute any changes in game experience to any alteration I have made. There are just too many inconsistencies to formulate a "base" model.

This is after 6 years of gaming on PS3 COD.