32 Replies Latest reply: Jul 18, 2014 7:47 AM by Malcolmthebeast RSS

Shotguns are OP!!!!

Psychomex

I know a lot of people agree with me when i say that SG's are op i mean damn i know they should not have long rage but they do and besides the maps are tight you can not out gun a shot gun unless its a 4 year old looking at the sky all the time. Please leave you comments if you agree if not then i know u love these weapons cus u get easy kills.

• Re: Shotguns are OP!!!!
    ColdChilln88

Stop

Highwayman0226

I don't notice shotguns being cheap, easy, or OP in any form.  If you are close to someone, you SHOULD be able to kill them in a single shot.  Even with the barrel attachment, It's quite weak at any real distance, and requires several shot to kill (probably not the KSG).  Add that to the fact I might run into 1 player every other match that uses shotguns, I can't think they are over powered.  If they were, wouldn't more players use them?  I die more to target finders and suppressed SMGs than anything.

steel_talonz

The maps in BLOPS2, are made for close quarters combat...

BadboyPitbull

I love shotguns. I get easy kills. There, happy now.

The only reason you dislike the shotguns and think they are over powered is because when you're running around mowing everyone down with your smg, you bump into me, and bam, one round ruins your scorestreak. Then bam, I kill you again and again, then you rage quit, and come on here to cry because you came across someone you got pwned by, because you where sure your mighty smg was unstoppable!!

That's got to be close!!!!

graphitetek

Please supply us with your gamertag so we can all see what you consider "hard to get kills" weapons. Till then you just appear to be another crybaby that wants to control how others play the game THEY purchased.

ghamorra

Psychomex wrote:

I know a lot of people agree with me when i say that SG's are op

You don't know this. Shotguns are fine the way they are. Have you used the KSG, that gun takes more skill than any other primary in the game. You're mad about range and shotguns but the fact is it's just the small maps. Shotguns should do well in this game, the maps are small and that's where they're designed to excel.

Another reason you're wrong is that all pump action shotties have a major disadvantage. If you're heads up with someone and don't kill them in the first shot the time it takes to pump and shoot again is far greater than the time it takes to spray with an SMG and get a kill. I know, I've been in that situation hundreds of times

Psychomex wrote:

I know a lot of people agree with me when i say that SG's are op i mean damn i know they should not have long rage but they do and besides the maps are tight you can not out gun a shot gun unless its a 4 year old looking at the sky all the time. Please leave you comments if you agree if not then i know u love these weapons cus u get easy kills.

I disagree.

First, I have a video on My Feed showing me shooting multiple guys in the face at less than 3 feet, some even from behind, and doing no damage what so ever... I think there may be a small targeting issue. I wondered if I was too close... and the game thought my gun was on the far side of the player from me...

Second, I will stand 30-35 feet or so in front of you. You,  with your shotgun, and me with say...my offhand RPG. You start shooting at me from that range, once you start, I will proceed to switch weapons and then kill you with my RPG.

SG, deadly at close range?..  you bet!

At distance?... not a chance. 

Feels balanced to me.

And don't even start with the KSG... that, IMHO, is one of the lamest guns in the game and certainly needs ... "something" done to it to make it a feasible weapon of choice.

I find them poorly balanced. Ads accuracy on them is too good imo (bar for the ksg which is fine as a slug).

870 should have a smaller hip fire crosshair around 6 while moving and 4 while moving with the laser sight and an ads accuracy of 4 to 5. Then increase the range to mw3 spas standards. The overall range now is laughable for a pump, regardless of having great ohk potential cqb while adsed. Shotguns should have good hip fire. A smaller hip fire that helps cqb & is generally harder to aim with than adsing.

The ksg should not be getting a movement accuracy penalty for full ads. You need to ads with it, so make it work immediately once fully adsed. It's a shotgun you need to be on the move constantly.

I can't comment on the other shotties as I have not used them.

IndyOldGuy

I shot at a guy on Hijacked with the remington and the shot also killed the guy who was runnning just next to him...lol  I dont ever recall getting a double with a shotty before that

Shotty's are powerful and shuold be portrayed as such, and dont think they do not have range either.

All of the Shotguns are underpowered.

870 gets too many hitmarkers for it's low fire rate.

KSG needs more range... it fires a magical slug that magically vanishes....

The other two are simply terrible. The S12 takes half a clip of hitmarkers...for an assist.

The other shotgun simply rattles and gives away your position.

kylet345

Shotguns only work when combined with situational awareness. You can't run around the map (even ones like Nuketown) and get kills (with some exception of the KSG). If you find that your are getting hitmarkers with the 870, use the Laser Sight+Long Barrel or ADS. KSG has the MOST range of any shotgun, it doesn't need anymore. I can hit a person in that building everyone likes to camp in on Express from one of the platforms with the Long Barrel attachment, for a shotgun, that's incredible range. Plus, you have to remember this thing can get one hit kills with headshots up to it's maximum range. As for the others, the S12 is the spammer shotgun of choice with slightly more damage than the M1216, but a slower fire rate due to the lower fire cap and semi-auto action. Shotguns have been better in this game then they have in any other CoD before, and I'm glad it's like that.

theroc23

I wouldn't say they're overpowered for no other reason than the fact that I almost never lose a head to head gun battle with shotgun user. They usually have to chase me down from the rear while trying to put a couple in my back. I usually get a kick out of sg users, especially the cats the equip them with silencers. LOL! 

Shotgun users need their handicap.  Sorry but if you use a shotgun your just a horrible player .

I like how you die to SMG spray 50 times in a row yet say nothing, but die to a random shotgunner a couple times and cry OP.

drgrincheux

I couldn't agree more.

SMG user, 30 meters far from you, with laser sight is spraying its 750RPM 50 rounds (...) clip in your face without even ADSing: no problem.

Shotgun user, 3 meters far from you, is killing you with its 50RPM pump action shotgun ADSing because its hip spread is huge and had never been so huge in any other COD : it's OP!!!! NERF IT!

Stupid whiners...

lmao u must b one of them smg pray and spray people huh? and us shot gun users need a handi cap lol. we use one round and you use half a clip? yea we have spread but we get one shot if you use the 870 like myself. if you dont like how i play my game then rage quit like you do and let it be over

yeah clearly you're a faggit, Shotguns are meant to be powerful because they have no range, they have no bullet penetration capabilities and slow RoF. i'm sick of SMG users moaning... you can spray me a mile away with an SMG but I can't do the same with a shotgun. You need skill for it... even if just running around trying to get the kills.. it's still ******* difficult, apart from the R870 MCS... I blitzed that shotgun, that is OP compared to the others... I'll admit that. S12 took me almost a whole prestige to get it to level 2 and gold camo! I am trying the M1216 now and it's so weak!

I shot a guy up close twice and he didn't die... funnily enough, I was the host... I know this because after that I left. If I get nerfed because I'm host everyone can suck my balls. Simples

Draxumis

the way every ones craying I think they should take all weapons a way and just use pimp slaps omg ppl worry bout lag and connection probs look up the weapon your crying a bout like omg I got shot at a long distance by the sniper rifle with a zoom scope wtf ist to over power. or hay this person light me up with a full auto pistal why did I die so fast .I use diff weapons for diff maps or play style I sure cant reach as far as a amg with my shot gun ,my smg is less range than my m27,my m27 is less than your sniper rifel and the knive wow theres range and over power.

FAGGIT ALERT!! Someone call the faggit police... lock this faglord up.

...But on a serious note, shotguns require skill to get close... apart from the R870 MCS the other shotguns are difficult to use. S12 took me a whole prestige to get to level 2 with gold camo.
    I am now using the M1216 and it's weak as ****! There is **** all range on the ****. It should have slightly more range and slightly less damage to balance it out, but Treyarch never thinks ha.

Anyway, shut up you little SMG spraying retard, you obviously need to start learning how to use all of the weapons like I do. SMG is the only OP class in this game. The other guns all seem fine to me. Maybe LMG is underpowered I think.. but yeah, use your fat stupid head. Done..

MrPlowC

The ONLY gun I see used all of the time in this is either the Vektor or the Scorpion - both with suppressors. 

melrose

The kSG is a beast but it is very incosistant... hopefully they will tweak the aim down sites thing, because i swear thats the reason alot of fools havent died when ive shot at them lol... And anyone crying about shotguns needs to just stop it already.... People get pissed about them because its one shot and your dead, and they dont get a chance to even shoot a bullet....

There are few things in the game that bring me more satisfaction than hearing SMG sprayers rrrrRRRRRAGE on the mic when I shut them down with any of the shotguns.

Cry OP all you want but it just isn't so.

Effective shotugn use (especially in high action OBJ games) requires a much wider skillset than any full auto/burst weapon. When you're out of range with a shotgun you won't hit at all; if you can't even touch someone at range you've got no chance to throw their aim off with the little "pecking" shots that SMG's get from burst firing at range- meaning you better be clever enough to find another way to close the distance.

KSG all day long.

https://elite.callofduty.com/career/playercardops2

MrPlowC

For real...

To be honest, whenever I begin to play for the evening- I get warmed up with either a shotgun or just a combat knife.  Training myself to pay attention to whats going on around me, using the UAV and getting behind people.

I find it much more fun than just running to the middle with an SMG like all of the other children do.

You mad bro?

crookzncastles

That's why I use shotguns. Overpowered long range power house in my hands.

Malcolmthebeast

I disagree. No shotgun is over-powered in Black Ops II. If they were we would beat Ballista users at sniper range (really long range at that).