13 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2012 4:03 PM by ehSnax RSS

Bring back quickscoping - and why!

Why? Well, simply because sniping is pointless in Black Ops. Same as BO1. The reason is because along with the quickscoping (which simply could just be slowed down a little bit instead or many other good solutions) Treyarch went ahead to also remove foliage and long range maps. No one ever really mentions that, but I basically enjoy playing a stealthy sniper class in every game I play. Be it any of the CoD or Battlefield 3 or even Mass Effect 3. Dating all the way back to Counterstrike on the PC.

Quickscoping existed throughout time in many games since then (maybe earlier I don't know) and it never lead to huge issues. Ok, I suppose railguns in Quake were the height of annoyance. But it's really not hard to ensure you don't have that going on.

Just because you can quickscope doesn't mean you're going to win the encounter... In fact, if you miss... You're likely done. There's so many other factors at place. Flashbangs, concussion grenades, killstreaks, etc. It's not like a quickscoper is invincible.

If the idea is to limit people from just running around and killing people before the others have a chance...Well...It's called a noob tube. Why weren't those removed or nerfed (to the same degree)? So any way you cut it, you're going to have the same thing. Whether it looks like a sniper rifle, shotgun, smg, or assault rifle. The issue is they aren't carefully balancing the weapons. This makes the game fairly flat.

So basically I'm going to do the same thing I did before. Use the FAL + ACOG.

It's ok to need two hits to kill. Even with a sniper rifle. That's why there's multiple sniper rifles and those that are one hit to kill are bolt action.

Which is the other problem. Black Ops needs to take a page out of Battlefield 3's journal here. The bolt action sniper rifle in BO2 is a joke. It's essentially a semi-automatic. Forget the part where you need to scope out in BF3, without an attachment, to reload...That's a clever way to balance quickscoping btw if you care to actually use your head when building a game... But aside from that, just the reload speed. Come on. I literally racked up a ton of kills last night by just leaving the thing scoped in and as people ran out...Bang bang bang. They saw me, they tried to shoot at me...It didn't matter. The rate of fire was just too fast for a bolt action sniper rifle.

So they should bring back quickscoping but find a more creative way to reduce it's negative impact.

I stopped playing Black Ops because of this and abandoned the CoD series entirely because of Black Ops (honestly they botched that game). I for some reason picked up BO2 and it's basically the same exact game. Just some more customizations which is cool. I like the new class options. So I guess for a fragfest style game this is my game instead of Halo...For a game where you can actually use a sniper rifle BF3 is the game. Bullet drop off is great too.

That's my long winded plea to Treyarch.... Please, please, please bring back quickscoping because it's not as bad as you think and there are ways of mitigating it.

That OR just remove sniper rifles from the game completely. They are, as is, completely and utterly useless. I just picked this game up but I'm gonna go rock the FAL in another level and own the  crap outa people til they then nerf that gun too....Then maybe one day we'll just have everyone running around the map with a shotgun or SMG after they've taken away the purpose of each weapon. Or hell just make it a knife only game. Why have guns? If they're all overpowered right?

end rant. sorry but thanks for humoring me if you read this.

• Re: Bring back quickscoping - and why!
    SitRepPro

Play MW3.  It's easy enough to quickscope with an MSR with Quickdraw Pro in that game.

You never said why they should bring back quickscoping.

Yet me asking an opinion on new attachments for the Crossbow is a petition and needs to be locked.

Gotta LOVE the mods on this God-forsaken forum...

SitRepPro

fallenshadow000 wrote:

Yet me asking an opinion on new attachments for the Crossbow is a petition and needs to be locked.

Gotta LOVE the mods on this God-forsaken forum...

Damn.  Well, you could word it differently and go direct to Vahn I guess but they never read speculative ideas on here.  I never understood why LMGs don't have Fast Mags attachment.  It means that if I run Ghost I need to errr crab walk for 7 seconds on some guns.  But I won't use Ghost when I unlock it as I don't really have any spaces left for it after everything else I choose.  A suppressor should be enough.

i snipe most matches. and even as a sniper i think Q>S is op. and am glad they removed it. you may not think so. but when you look at what players like optic predator can do with it. Q>S is doing nothing but takeing advantage of that split second that the auto aim q's in. even you should be able to realize that getting 10 kills in under 12 seconds with one shot a peice is O.P.

i dont see how  you can compare the msr to a noob toob. noob toob get 2 shells. and 1 is usually not even a kill. vs the number of bullets you get with a sniper riffle. plus the range at which a sniper can accurately kill. there really is no comparision.

SitRepPro

rduncan3488 wrote:

i snipe most matches. and even as a sniper i think Q>S is op. and am glad they removed it. you may not think so. but when you look at what players like optic predator can do with it. Q>S is doing nothing but takeing advantage of that split second that the auto aim q's in. even you should be able to realize that getting 10 kills in under 12 seconds with one shot a peice is O.P.

i dont see how  you can compare the msr to a noob toob. noob toob get 2 shells. and 1 is usually not even a kill. vs the number of bullets you get with a sniper riffle. plus the range at which a sniper can accurately kill. there really is no comparision.

I agree.  May be if we had shotguns with infinite range the thread starter would rage, hard.

Have it so sniper rifles cannot shoot until fully zoomed in and a slower ADS than other guns but not too much to prompt purchases of macro controllers.

I quick-scope, and I think the whole is experience is much more balanced than it has ever been and requires no "improvement" which puts things back to the easy-street ways of modern warfare.

Black Ops 1 was an absolute joke to snipe in, it was useless - at least now we can actually hit a moving target from more than 20 feet.

I have to agree, quickscoping is possible but harder.

If you want the effect of a quickscope just use a shotgun they have equal range in this game...

tascore

15m is almost sniper range.. -_-   sg are still under ranged and have bigger spray than compared to real sg's. sure this game isnt "realistic" but all you scrubs crying about shotgun range need to get over it, maybe even try using one rather than juming on the OP band wagon of "i put a full scrub machine gun clip into a guy and he 1 shot me with a shotgun !??!?!?1/11/!?" maybe if you could aim your gun rather than hip fire, you would kill him.   that is all... so sick of the rubbish talking of sg's being OP, the should be at that range so technically they arent OP but just how they should be

back on topic. did they remove qs recently? cos i was getting smashed last week by qs's. doesnt seem as common as older cods but its still there imo

LastXeno

Gunna have to agree with you on that one. I hate when someone says something along the lines of "OMG I shot so many bullets and he killed me in one shot with a sniper?!?!?!?" I literally just sat there in awe like .____. ??? I think the only over powered guns in the game are SMGs simply because they can catch me from across the map faster than myself with a sniper. As for snipers, eh, I think they are a bit underpowered considering that I will hit someone who's already on "red screen" and they still manage enough brain capability to kill me. Not sure about silencers on snipers either. Sure they hide you from radar but I remember in BO1 they were absolutely pointless unless you were playing harcore. I know they have absolutely no effect on SMGs or any auto weapon. I can't play one game in BO1 without seeing a Famas or silent Galil on the floor and as for this game it's already starting to look that way; silent SMGs on the floor and the MP7 is already in their hands the moment they play. As for QS I think it's just something we quick scopers have to get use to. I couldn't at first but now it seems alright. I'm actually pretty decent in BO1 when it comes to that (of course after the patch) ;]

LastXeno

Gunna have to agree with you on that one. I hate when someone says something along the lines of "OMG I shot so many bullets and he killed me in one shot with a sniper?!?!?!?" I literally just sat there in awe like .____. ??? I think the only over powered guns in the game are SMGs simply because they can catch me from across the map faster than myself with a sniper. As for snipers, eh, I think they are a bit underpowered considering that I will hit someone who's already on "red screen" and they still manage enough brain capability to kill me. Not sure about silencers on snipers either. Sure they hide you from radar but I remember in BO1 they were absolutely pointless unless you were playing harcore. I know they have absolutely no effect on SMGs or any auto weapon. I can't play one game in BO1 without seeing a Famas or silent Galil on the floor and as for this game it's already starting to look that way; silent SMGs on the floor and the MP7 is already in their hands the moment they play. As for QS I think it's just something we quick scopers have to get use to. I couldn't at first but now it seems alright. I'm actually pretty decent in BO1 when it comes to that (of course after the patch) ;]

I agree shotguns should one shot at close range,  but I've had a guy one shot me from one balcony on hijacked to the other,  that's easily 20 yards should have taken two not one.

i see this alot of forums and about shotgun range being op and i came to conlusion that everyone that complains hasnt actually used it the only shotgon in the game that is shooting u from across the map the second ksg looking shotgun wiich fires slugs instead of buckshot. so its basicly like using a pump action single fire assault rifle. its actually not a easy gun to use (compared to most guns, cause lets face it all guns are easy to use). so before screaming shotguns are op actually use them and tell me there op compared to the smgs.

only shotgun u can be pissed at is the first shotgun as u can chuck a laser site on it and run around rapping at close quarter combat. but the range on that is pitiful and it wont be sniping any one like so many of you people seem to think.

I can snipe just fine in this game. I only die when playing a sniper often in close quarters, like right at corners. Snipers should do that. They have the luxury of being able to one shot people from across the map, so making them less effective (NOT useless, you can still quickscope just gets some getting used to) in CQ situations is a positive change.