9 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2012 11:26 AM by spankhiccup RSS

Fun Fact of the Day

ghamorra

Ghost doesn't work when you spawn in. You have to move before if goes into effect which means if an enemy UAV is up and you spawn your position is immediately given away. This could be a big reason why people are complaining about spawn deaths. I personally feel this should be fixed

• Re: Fun Fact of the Day
    robbierocket

Very good point. Ghost was turned on its head with the whole "harder to detect if moving" part and turned on its head again in its "must be activated (by movement)" rather than "is cancelled by (staying still)" stance.

A similiar point to yours can be made concerning weapon use. As players must move to "activate" Ghost, and ADS cancels that "activation" the perk naturally rewards SMG's more than AR's, LMG's and SR's due to hipfire accuracy and in general, the way in which the guns are used.

A favourite class of mine is semi-auto AR (such as the FAL) with silencer and red dot. The strength of the weapon is mid-long to long range when it even outclasses auto-AR's, mostly due to the precision of shots and the reduction in recoil by spacing shots more (something that can be done when an enemy is far away). To do this, obviously you have to be downsight.

It's a strange perk, that's for sure.

ghamorra

robbierocket wrote:

A similiar point to yours can be made concerning weapon use. As players must move to "activate" Ghost, and ADS cancels that "activation" the perk naturally rewards SMG's more than AR's, LMG's and SR's due to hipfire accuracy and in general, the way in which the guns are used.

You shouldn't have told me this. After reading what you said it's like all the dots started to connect and now I'm a little upset. I never thought to look at Ghost this way and it's completely unfair

Add another check-mark to reasons why SMGs and Rushers are being catered

Izjar11

@ rob have you tried Fal with select fire? In the hands of the right player, its a Lion hunting pray!

mn7_la

I had not thought of this before.

I'm not a fan of rushing - and in MW3, I'd be one of those players that constantly got around to flank the enemy team & get 2 or 3 kills together - all with an AR (not just ACR - any of the ARs would work for me). I used to suck with the SMG - any of them (including the MP7) compared to any AR - it just didn't fit my play-style.

In BO2, I started out with M27 & ended up trying a bunch of ARs (including MTAR, FAL, SCAR) - before giving up all hope. Now, I have gold camo on 5 SMGs - that's me - a person that doesn't like to run & gun / rush. This game forced me to change into a type of player I'm not.

And your opinions definitely shed some light on why I had to change. So, thank you!!

MN

spankhiccup

Robbie that is the best idea i have heard. Ghost should be active all the time unless standing still.

Bravo sir.

Now how to get it implemented??