14 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2012 7:44 AM by melrose RSS

Smart Players/Dumb Players

melrose

So last night im playing with 2 of my friends and we run into this clan (RIP) was the name I think. Well the first match we played we got owned and I catch on pretty quickly to what the problem is. These dudes put themselves in the best positions possible to counter fools who rush in like crazy. Some would call it camping but I call it being strategic... So after i see what there doing I adjust to the game style and at least one of my not so hard head friends does as well. But still we were at a disadvantage because when you have 2 people participating and 4 others going off on there merry way it doesn't matter. So match after match these dudes are just smashing all the other players that I matched up with and they just don't realiaze that they want you to come to them and rush. It baffles me how there are so many Dumb players that keep doing the same thing and getting the same results but wont change there play. When the match ends and your 8-22 you should realize that what your doing aint working lol.. Anyway's im not sure who you cats were but mad respect....

• Re: Smart Players/Dumb Players
    ghamorra

This is the exact reason Black Ops II nearly eliminated camping from the game. This is why people complained about Ghost, big maps, and powerful ARs (Mk14 and Type95). Anything that's a counter to rushing is bad, when really it's just the player that's bad. Countering a Rusher is easy because they tend to be so stupid

Izjar11

I catch on pretty quickly to what the problem is

Hey man, this right here is what makes a differance between a good / bad player, nice!

It baffles me how there are so many Dumb players that keep doing the same thing and getting the same results but wont change there play. When the match ends and your 8-22 you should realize that what your doing aint working lol.. Anyway's im not sure who you cats were but mad respect....

Its a pride thing S'oon, I've had that issue and its difficult to stop yourself from wanting "badly"  to get that revenge kill! But then there are just dumb players (whom I do not mind) because they make my gaming easier but not fun just easier.

Never ran into these RIP clan, have you played TDM league? Really good connection and the game balances you out with equally good opponents thing is you need to run with a clan of 6 to have a good fighting chance.

melrose

Yeah man I use to be a sucker for revenge kills because I could get them on MW3 without a problem usually, but on this game I just take my death and role with it. One thing i have to get better at is staying down my sights after I kill a person and not quickly reloading... I cant tell you how many times ive killed someone and a milli sec later his homie come around the same bend and kills me because i start running or reloading lol i might start using a LMG so i dont have to......

Izjar11

Yup, I posted this same advice (and a few fools bashed me) do not reload after the first kill! LMG are good, but they aren't strong (unfortunately) they need to get a slight buff before they are more effective.

zombie-papa

LOL they don't!! they come on here to complain about it being unfair or broken and to lobby for nerfs and buffs destroying the game in their process

wish more people picked up on these sorts of things we would have a lot less nerf threads here i bet

stevonub420

What game mode do you play? Rushing for my gameplay is a must. I play Domination,so if noone ever rushed in that game then that would be a easy loss. I can see for certain game modes that rushing is useless tho.

melrose

I play team deathmatch..... I try and stay away from objective based games because people have there own agendas in those.. At least in TDM the only agenda is to kill or be killed

stevonub420

lol yea i played TDM before for a bit and found it to be a lil less frustrating. But I get bored really fast if i'm not doing something else besides killing. So I will continue to be fodder for the campers in Obj based games that want to get their K/D ratio up.

Have you tired hardpoint? I haven't noticed a lot of that in that mode. Mostly people go for the objectives, plus they're constantly moving. Ive played a few CTF matches and you always have at lest one guy camping the flag. I suppose you could say hes defending lol but whatever

Well, I better leave the camping debate alone, but I guarentee if you put the same type of team up against those guys, everyone will quit because they will either be too bored, or they will be pissed that the kills aren't easy enough.

Personally, I've played many online shooters and I am an excellent camper when I want to be. My only problem is, whenever I do get a kill from camping, I feel ashamed because I know I can play better than that. I want to be the hunter, not the hunted. I want to know that I beat my opponent without any advantage because that's skill. So I always make an effort not to camp. Call me a rusher... but I would just call it a desire for improvement.

Out

I think one problem is people try to play every mode with them same style of gameplay......

so far my two fav modes are either HC/ TDM or HC/CTF

while playing CTF  I rush More often than not, but i do watch and see what the other team is doing and if they are doing more stragic camping..... then i slow my rushing down to counter them....i will not camp the objective I always go for the objective....and i hate it when i grab the flag and am trying to get back to base with it and receive no support from team mates .....it ticks me off to be just a step or two from base and getting a capture then get killed, while a team mate is close enough to take the flag on in.....is scared because he is afraid of dying...and lets the other team return it to base