44 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2012 11:41 AM by palffy187 RSS

The worst Game to date!!

Over this Game.. Sh*tty Lag, Sh*tty Colors of the levels..Sh*tty Game  No imagation!!! Call Of Duty !! done with this franchise .. WOW!!! Sh*tty, Sh*tty Game . So Sad !!

• Re: The worst Game to date!!
    TennisEnnis18

1) Sh*tty lag: Your connection probably just sucks.

2) Sh*tty colors of the levels: This game is the best looking CoD. Adjust your TV setting so it looks good. The shading and lighting is great.

3) No imagination: Are you kidding me? THE GAME IS IN 2025. IT'S ALL IMAGINATION.

Think twice before mindlessly venting your anger on the forums, bro.

I agree. This game is freezing my PS3 on a daily basis.  The lag and hit detection is awful. 

domgalmem

@ TennisEnnis18- you are probably the one with the shitty connection. However, while the graphic are great the coilors do suck and the dark corners (where the corner campers like to hide) are very dark. IMHO, if the were so against camping why did they make it so easy to camp???

The constant freezing and lag compensation issues (worst than MW3) are the worst that I have ever experienced. This was my last COD purchase as activision seems to be catering to a new crowd.

benc911

My lags all the time. Always 2 seconds behind. 320down 20up fibre into home. 8ms ping to Anywere in UK. Going to tell me my connection sucks. Muppet

ghamorra

Doesn't matter what your up or down is. What matters is the ping between all the players  and the host. You can have a great connection and near 0 ping, but if others have a sad connection then you're still screwed

benc911

So who's fault is it then that I'm 2 seconds behind? The lag comp system. The matchmaking? It The crap connections I get connected too. Either way its never been this bad on previous cods.

The maps in this cod are more interactive than others. There are moving parts to most of the maps. A subway driving through, a cargo crate being shuffled, something on fire. I wonder how much the interactive aspects of each level have to do with the lag...mw2 had basic, simple maps with a funnel system that you couldn't tell was for funneling you into gun fights.

It isn't like Treyarch hasn't accomplished this before.....WaW was the same way. Simple maps....accept for those dang tanks lol it was well thought out. I miss the simplistic map make-up with minimal lag and almost no lag compensation.

1) I have the best internet available ..And your a fool it you think that is the problem

2) the color are cartoonish .. unreal

3) no imagination .. same game nothing new (they even got us to buy nuke town again ...

4) I am sure the new maps pack that come out will be ones we purchased before..why not keep getting the sheep! 

5) tennis you are a fool wake up Bro!

r8edtripx

I do have stretches when the lag is killing me, but when I'm not experiencing lag, I'm having a lot of fun with Black Ops 2.

The new Ghost is awesome, and the pick-10 custom classes are a lot of fun to tweak. I like the colors. I guess I'm not a fan of real, because I run-n-gun, and people don't run-n-gun in real war, they camp. Did I say I loved the new Ghost?

1-14 sensitivity is nice.

Scoreboards are good too.

Custom games lets you setup against bots in objective game-types.

Dolphin Diving.

Custom emblems.

I can turn down the music separately from SFX.

I've been playing the Bonus/ChaosMoshpit playlist, so I'm liking the smaller maps.

I like how we can prestige the gun separately.

This is one of the BEST Cods to date. MW3 is an absolute joke compared to Black Ops 2.

ChestSplittah

Game is preeeetty sad. Functions horribly. Matchmaking is flop on connectivity.

supanen85

I have quit playing it, every hotfix has made it worse and worse.

I have a lot of troubles but the worst call of duty...look you are maybe a noob, you get killed a lot, your connection it might be poor or you have wireless you need wired, the sound well its different but its ok because they wanted to see the playera react to this new thing of future, and what did you expect of imagination, halo???

andynewns

I stopped playing the game a couple of weeks ago, due to this being the worst cod by a long way.

Graphics/colours are soo bad worse than every other cod other than blops,

Lag/matchmaking is terrible worse than any other cod.

Game modes/hardcore worse than any other cod, ruined domination and hardcore

Maps, probably on a par with mw3 for being the worst maps, no straight lines, camp city, and just not interesting

Sound second worst to mw3

Anyone who doesn't see the problems has either never played another Cod. Or is just a fan boy.

monkeylord

The sound is pretty good I like the dull thumps rather than the Jerry Bruckheimer effort that was MW3 and you can hear everything down to the jingle of the shells hitting the floor.

The maps are multi-tiered so no longer is it just a case of only having to cover 2 routes as now attacks can come from anywhere keeping you your toes.

The lag no doubt sucks but the tools to deal with it are there within the gun attachments. This game has it's problems but they're exactly the same issues BLOPs1 had right down to the frezzing issue.

Given the recent history of COD it's always bad at launch but it gets better and after 2 bad launches it's kind of naive to expect the 3rd to be perfect.

gigitygigity

16 days played on COD4, 22 days played on W@W, 31 days played on MW2, 25 days played on BO1, 39 days played on MW3...2.5 on Blops 2. I'm done.

Worst COD ever, for all the reasons you stated plus many more.

A friend of mine summed it up best. It's like a fake COD a cheap knock off. Like one of them fake Rolexes you get. It looks like a real one will even tell the correct time twice a day. But in the end it's still a poorly made, poor quality fake.

The game freezes to many time. Hit detection is atrocious. Lags like hell. Have not had any problems playing fifa 13 on my gs3. Just seems to happen with blops. I thought the recent patch had addressed these issues.

I like it =) Colours are soft and players can be extracted from the surroundings. For dark corners there are MMS and targetfinder if your reflexes arent good enough plus the missions ain't won by camping. Nice weapons and pick10 system is great IMO. I have no lag but I can rarely connect to online nowadays =(. When I will be able to play again im gonna play big time =). Some players though make me loose my **** sometimes like darkcorner campers (who I definitely hunt down after they've killed me) and carepackage stealers. I think the only minus (beside connecting problems) is some scorestreaks' weakness for example stealth chopper and VTOL can be shot down way too easy (again IMO). Black ops 1 had maybe a little better maps or Im just so used to them that these new ones seem alien. Time will show how treyarc is getting this game running but I believe its gonna be great! Hope they will release jungle for BO2 x)

simjc

The freezing and rubber band effect (being pulled back to your spawn point) has got nothing to do with your internet connection. I have an open NAT, hard wired connection and optimised DNS server settings to further reduce potential latency in the game. It really seems that the freezing issues are to do with the connectivity issues of the game itself. When you see more freezing, you will experience more lag. To have a good game is really a luck of the draw. Shame.

Only 450,000 players online last night, I expect the shoot your enemy in the back for him to turnaround and kill you to start happening at 750,000 players online. Nope. I got so frustrated last night I fired up BF3 and had a pleasant evening. No swearing and cursing due to being 1-2 seconds behind in every game.

I am still experiencing a lot of what I demonstrate in the video below even today, 3 weeks after launch. Argggghhhh

sennalike

It has it's issues, no denying that, but it has to get a lot worse for it to hit the low that Black Ops.  People thought I was mad then, now they are experiencing what I went through.  That's karma for you.  I threatened to give it all up then, and I did take a nice long break, but I'm still here.

ChestSplittah

That's what is the kicker. I've limited myself to very little play. I know what is awaiting me really trying to play. Black Ops was about as horrible as I've seen. MW3, was bad, that game showed me how bad they have become without the original IW around to help things along.

KillGoblin

Totally agree this game is total horsesh!t....the most dumbed down peice of sh!t game in the COD series to date...i cant beleive i was conned into buying this broken peice of sh!t as for colours i have a state of the art LED TV and ive got to turn the brightness ingame full up just to see whats going on...again i say "HORSESH!T"

dead4ever_uk

just play other games till theres a patch sorted for it its not that hard even i have had issues with it to freezing and it even corrupted my system had to do a fresh clean thingy. was hoping installing the texture pack from the options menu would of fixed it clearly not. and if david thinks playing this game for 4 hours without issues then hes clearly blind because theres no way you can play for 4 hours without issues like this and it has got issues freezing host migration sort it out treyarch. i wont be touching black ops 2 untill either patch 1.04 or higher.

Abe_Linclon_765

Completely AGREE!!!!!!

Izjar11

Everyone cannot be pleased with the game, this happens with every title from every video game probably created.

Just don't play the game and avoid further frustrations.

dont play the game?? i payed 60 bucks for an unfinished peice of garbage. theyre rushing these games out the door to make all the money they can, i dont blame them for making money, i blame them for making **** games. they dont have beta releases to "test" connections and give them time to fix problems. they release the "full" game and then spend a year trying to patch things and nerf things.

anyway...the lag in this game is unbearable. this is unnaccaptable. they have not learned from previous games. the lag compensation seems to only cause more lag. i watch kill cams and i see a totally different situation them what i see live on my screen. some games i dont have the lag, but it seems that is getting worse and worse. its probly about 1 out of 20 games where i dont have lag issues. and dont even get me started on party system. i spend more time trying to keep my party together than i do actually playing the damned game. let me ask you this...if you bought a car and drove it home to pick up your friends, and then after your friends are in the car, you drove down the street to only find out the car has thrown 2 of your friends out the window, would you be upset??? yeah, thats what i thought!! i have been playing call of duty games since cod 2 (thats cod 2, cod 3, mw, mw2, black ops, mw3 and now this pile of rubbish) and i have never been more let down than i have with this game. remember the release of cod 3 when it took 5 hours to get into a game and then once the game started you spawned underneath the map and you character was falling through the air for ever...anyone remember who made that game...oh yeah it was 3arc

ok ive vented some steam...i feel much better now... i guess when i get home from work ill be playing far cry 3 and actually have some fun!!

Natero14

You guys are hilarious.  You guys always say all of the CoD's are bad.  If anything Black Ops 2 is the best one yet.  They get better every installment.  If you hate it so much stop playing and leave us CoD lovers alone.  Tired of all the negativity allthe time on CoD.

Izjar11

dont play the game?? i payed 60 bucks for an unfinished peice of garbage. theyre rushing these games out the door to make all the money they can, i dont blame them for making money, i blame them for making **** games. they dont have beta releases to "test" connections and give them time to fix problems. they release the "full" game and then spend a year trying to patch things and nerf things

Its a choice to avoid obvious (stated) frustrations you are experiencing. As mentioned, if the game is frustrating the best thing is to stop until things are patched (which hopefully will help). From experience guy, these games (all games) at launch have many issues with MP.

The lag" I cannot contest to what your experience of lag" might be. I've seen people complain that its "unbearable" and the truth is they are simply playing recklessly massing more kills than deaths (which is frustrating).

You keep complaining like you can't take it, that's why I said stop playing to avoid unnecessary frustrations with your life, why put up with anger from a game? A video game? That was my suggestion, its your choice to continue or stop!

•  

if you bought a car and drove it home to pick up your friends, and then after your friends are in the car, you drove down the street to only find out the car has thrown 2 of your friends out the window, would you be upset??? yeah, thats what i thought!! i have been playing call of duty games since cod 2 (thats cod 2, cod 3, mw, mw2, black ops, mw3 and now this pile of rubbish) and i have never been more let down than i have with this game. remember the release of cod 3 when it took 5 hours to get into a game and then once the game started you spawned underneath the map and you character was falling through the air for ever...anyone remember who made that game...oh yeah it was 3arc

Comparing a 60.00 video game to a car is a terrible way to see this, specially the way you just imagined it. To clarify I would love to have a car that would throw people out of the window! Your COD history has not taught you anything?

Good luck gaming palffy.

yea maybe you are right, i shouldnt play this game if its going to drive me crazy. im just having trouble understanding why the most important part of the game (the network) seems to be the least improved. yes they gussied it all up with great new ideas, but where is the backbone work on this game???

they should have left out theatre completely this time, the old cods ran almost flawless but since this garbage was introduced, its caused massive lag and terrible hit detection, pre- theatre we never had these issuse, the hardware cannot cope, i wish they left it out and maybe next gen bring it back when the machines have more horsepower to cope, the forum is inundated with frustrated players sick of the inconsistent gameplay, just my thoughts on how treyarch could have avoided all this anger towards them, i thought they would have learned after two failed attempts with blops 1 and mw3.

malditor

I really like this game when I'm not seeing killcams show me not even shooting when on my screen I am getting multiple hitmarkers before death. The pick 10 system is very good and the maps give multiple routes and accesses to combat campers. The main fail of the game is the skill based matchmaking not keeping you in low ping games. I don't mind playing against similar skilled players but I don't want to be at a disadvantage connection wise because I'm connecting to a host cross country or over the pond.

9 million people bought this game in the first 24hr. but your lucky to see 500k playing it on either console. and were only 3 weeks in.there is ALOT of people that are not liking this game, i havent seen this much hate since cod3 . its not looking good. i dont know were that sweet spot is for the internet but i dont have it (20/5 15 ping) everybody is 1-2sec ahead of me. i can pre fire with a usat up and get killed by a pistol

monkeylord

WARVANE__ wrote:

9 million people bought this game in the first 24hr. but your lucky to see 500k playing it on either console. and were only 3 weeks in.there is ALOT of people that are not liking this game, i havent seen this much hate since cod3 .

Wait untill after xmas always a boost in numbers plus every COD loses a chunk of players who fail to adapt to the new reality of each game. I played MW3 for 900+ hours and on average there was about 340k on so BLOPs 2 will settle to about the same.

As for the hate you must've missed the millions who complained about the lag and abundant lag switch use that was going on in MW2.

The millions who got bricked consoles fom BLOPs 1, the millions who "Would never buy another COD " Due to the new lag comp in MW3.

COD has never nor ever will be perfect people just expect way to much BLOPs2 has tried to give us the best of MW and the best of BLOPs in 1 game.

Just look at turbine it's just a better designed afghan wth routes for all styles of play it needs quite a bit of work but ~meh~ it's fun enough to keep a decent number of COD fans happy.

sennalike

When I started on W@W I was "lucky" to see 100k playing, so 500k is a massive rise.  Also, the 9m purchses you mention, that would be "globally".  If 9m cars were bought around the world, would you expect them to all be on the road at the same time?

hyper72

I like the people who say ive never had a problem and all the ones like me with good connection get shitty game play hardly fair..... So everyone with crappy connection are getting better game play sounds about right..... Mw3 had issues but i.e i couldnt knife because of lag compensation but shooting was fine......but  blops 2 i cant knife first or win a one on one gun fight dues to really bad fking lag compensation im a second hehind the game play........ WHERE IS THE FIX............FFS

sennalike

Nope, I have a good connection, which I have tweaked to provide a reaonably acceptable gaming experience in BO2.  It's not just people with poor connections that can do it.

hyper72

Done this tried every setting under the sun ajusted mtu limited bandwith on router you named it ive changed it....... Still crap only method is to run about like a tool with a smg spray and prey method like a 10 year old bellend.

monkeylord

ra

hyper72 wrote:

blops 2 i cant knife first or win a one on one gun fight dues to really bad fking lag compensation im a second hehind the game play........ WHERE IS THE FIX............FFS

Agreed if your in laggy room knifing is waste but gunfights can still be won it's all about consecutive hitmarkers if there's miss your hit marker count seemingly gets reset to zero. Knowing this makes it easier to plot a route with plenty of cover your lag route should never be the same as your good round routes also learn to mario kart dolphin dive into tight turns.

~shrug~ I lost count the amount of times this happend in MW3

People just seem to forget how bad it was even though it was only 2 months ago.

andynewns

I know it's all opinion but for me mw3 was far superior game.

But let me put it in perspective MW3 was a pile of rubbish, at the point when I was playing it was the second worst cod game to blops, I know allot of people liked blops, but it just didn't do it for me and I had lag like in blops 2.

Blops 2 just wins hands down for the worst game the only thing it has going for it is pick 10, I personally can't see anything else it has going for it.

When you compare any of the last 3 games to MW3 or WaW you have to ask what have 3arc and IW been doing for the last 3 years

I agree that this is by far the worst quality game on release date of all the CODs except for maybe 3 but its close.  It's pretty much unplayable from any competitive standpoint because the lag is so bad that one team/group/person has such a huge advantage you cannot kill them and run through you.  I lag about .5 sec to 1 sec behind a most people in this game.  If Treyarch wants to blame my connection then show a list of connection speeds that people should have to be able to play the game without lag.  I currently download around 19mbs and up around 3.  I have tried everything suggested everywhere short of buying a huge moniter to reduce the delay in the game (I doubt many people play on a computer moniter that play on console).  I really don't think its peoples connections and Treyarch needs to find a better excuse.

I just really wonder if anyone tested this game on PS3 before it was released.  It seems like someone put the disc in tried to get into a match and then stopped testing and said it was good to go.  I don't understand how a major company could release something like this.  I mean how do you not realize it was this bad?

I like the changes Treyarch made and were trying to do with the game but it all doesnt matter for a lot of people because the lag is so bad.  I can't even tell what guns/attachments/equipment I like because the connection is so bad.  I don't know if I am playing well or the lag killed me.  Treyarch seems to put out a game that they try to listen to the community and make changes based on feed back.  Although just like in BO, BO2 has the same horrible hit detection/lag/connection which are the basics of the game.  Then you have Infinity Ward who I know some people had connection issues with but seemed a lot less than BO2 seems to have a grasp on the basics but dont do anything new and give the community DLC for $60.00.

I just hope some other big developer is hearing this communities cry for help and come out with a FPS that is what this community deserves.  I mean they would certainly make a ton of money because everyone is tired of these two companies developing horrible games.