1 2 3 4 Previous Next 95 Replies Latest reply: Dec 9, 2012 12:23 AM by Waddup_ Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: Wii Remote and Chuk should get the same aim assist that DA users get

The real solution (even though it's completely absurd) is to either remove the ability to play with the Wiimote or remove the ability to play with DA's. It's simply not possible to balance the game so that it's 'the same' for Wiimote AND DA's. You just can't. Someone will always be at an advantage or disadvanatge. Right now, the Wiimote is at a severe disadantage. Every single gun in the game is easier to use right now with DA's.

Like you, I too used DA's yesterday for the first time on the Wii U and got a 34-3 score with the KSG. Try doing that with the Wiimote. I dare you.

• 11. Re: Wii Remote and Chuk should get the same aim assist that DA users get
    Goodtwin

I agree that there is no way to completely balance the controls when using two different methods.  I think the term OP is wrong though for IR controls.  OP is when a gun kills you two shots sooner than every other gun.  There are plenty of IR players beating DA players and vice versa, the problem people have is that you have to be far better than the opposing player when using IR controls.  An equally skilled DA players will eat my lunch in this game right now.  I never had to turn on aim assist in MW3, the controls were that good.  There was definitely no sticky reticule with aim assist turned off.  I have it on in Black Ops 2 right now trying to get any help I can to stay competitive.  Its difficult to say what Treyarch deems as "out of balance."  All I know is that this wouldn't fly in the PC version.  If DA users playing the PC version were getting so much AA that they were consistently beating good mouse and keyboard users, there would be hell to pay.  I am currently at a 1.06 KDR, way down from MW3 at a 1.65 and BO at a 1.25.  There are some really good DA players out there, good enough that I dont know that they wouldn't be competitive against myself even without aim assist.  As it stands, a top level IR player will lose fairly consistently to a top level DA player.  The other thing that people arent paying attention to is the fact that IR controls are severely disrupted by framerate drops and slowdown.  Black Ops 2 is hardly a locked 60fps game.  There are maps where the framerate looks like its jumps between 25 and 60fps, its all over the place when things get crazy.     

• 12. Re: Wii Remote and Chuk should get the same aim assist that DA users get
    EliteKing

why does anything need to overpower anything else?

every control scheme should be equal and ONLY the skill of the user using that scheme should make a difference.

• 13. Re: Wii Remote and Chuk should get the same aim assist that DA users get
    T-boss

nerf both, few wiimote aimassist actuayl help, some just screw the player over.

• 14. Re: Wii Remote and Chuk should get the same aim assist that DA users get
    Mrderpski

Goodtwin wrote:

Speaking of balance, when is Treyarch going to release the damn patch?  I swear, we pay the same $60 for the game as the PS3 and 360 players, but here we are two weeks with no patch...

The PS360 hasn't even got a title update since 17th November (the reason I said 17th and not 21st is because PS3 gets update first but there are no major diffrence between the 2 console's update other than minor perfomance fixes). The only thing they've got lately is hotfixes which is what the WiiU also gets from time to time. As a certain forum member would've said...

AI Sniper16 wrote:

Lrn2srch nub

• 15. Re: Wii Remote and Chuk should get the same aim assist that DA users get
    nintendon't

Yes they do. They have sticky ADS/sticky hipfire assist as well as reticle readjustment. It was ridculous.

Don't tell me it doesn't have it because I noticed it myself and there's even a video on youtube that shows it.

• 16. Re: Wii Remote and Chuk should get the same aim assist that DA users get
    nintendon't

lol the majority of Australian pub players are awful, That's why you're able to get those highscores.

Everytime I play with you or your brother, the people are so bad I'm able to compete with them on a 1 bar. I mean they're REALLY bad. They sometimes don't even turn around when you shoot them.

Try going 34-3 with the KSG against skilled American DA players...I dare you.

• 17. Re: Wii Remote and Chuk should get the same aim assist that DA users get
    Godotpwn

Did I actually just read this?

Also, you are insane if you think wiimote had any sort of aim assist in MW3. I used Wiimote the entire time I played that game and managed to get gold with every gun and over 135k kills. The ONLY aim assist you get is when you initially ADS on someone (provided you are within a certain range), theres is no hipfire assist or anything else.

You say theres a video showing the assist, can you link it to me please?

• 18. Re: Wii Remote and Chuk should get the same aim assist that DA users get
    like2nap03

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgJc90qzueE&feature=g-user-u

There you go.  He says Black Ops 2 in the description but he really means Black Ops on Wii.

Shows the aim assist for both controllers on both games.

• 19. Re: Wii Remote and Chuk should get the same aim assist that DA users get

nintendon\'t wrote:

I believe that's called "Hardcore". I'm pretty sure there's no aim assist there.

Correct. I think aim assist should be removed from all modes.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next