39 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2012 1:01 PM by sennalike RSS

Getting Owned! Not an Excuse

Izjar11

COD,

Last night on one particular TDM I got owned! Its a terrible thing (and I cannot claim it was connectivity) I went 4-14 (this is not good for vet player). Man last night was just one of those brutal everything you do goes bad. Overall last night I could barely break the 1.50 KD per game.

I would go to one area and run into enemy's two at a time or more, losing and taking a beating is not the best of feelings. I have written about keeping your head cool, but man I kept telling myself, one more, one more ill get my mojo back!

Well as I said I felt that the errors were mine, its very easy to blame and complain. How do you take a bad loss of gaming?

***On a side note, I've also realize that the BO2 crowd is friendlier than the MW crowd, anyone else notice this?**

• Re: Getting Owned! Not an Excuse
    gambit1969

It happens, some games you can just do nothing right, I just put it behind me and move on and remember.....

"Some games you are the dog, and some games you are the tree".......

Izjar11

gambit1969 wrote:

It happens, some games you can just do nothing right, I just put it behind me and move on and remember.....

"Some games you are the dog, and some games you are the tree".......

hahaha yea moving on was what I did. Quietly I left the controller on the TV stand as It shut down and I walked away telling myself happens to everyone (I guess). Nice quote.

mdm123456789

Once I hear my controller starting to crack, I shut the game off. LOL

I guess I could start to blame it on op weapons. And those weapons being all the ones I don't use. LOL

The matches where you can't do anything because you're half a second behind (enemy comes around corner and is able to shoot you at leisure while you've barely spotted him) I just leave those. I base my actions on what I see, when what I see isn't the reality I can't make the proper decisions.

The ones where the connection is decent and I still get whooped, I'll stick around. It might turn around every moment. I had one in CTF just now where I went 2-8 or something. By a stroke of luck I managed to get my scorestreaks (a sentry, AGR and stealth chopper) and that just completely turned the match around for the entire team. We ended up whooping them.

Izjar11

MadConvictor wrote:

The ones where the connection is decent and I still get whooped, I'll stick around. It might turn around every moment. I had one in CTF just now where I went 2-8 or something. By a stroke of luck I managed to get my scorestreaks (a sentry, AGR and stealth chopper) and that just completely turned the match around for the entire team. We ended up whooping them.

This is more or less what I did, I stuck around trying to get that "feeling back". What bugs me is when the match starts I have accumulated a negative difference in kills, by the 60-65 kill of the match and I am still negative I will totally slow my game down to get that 1.0 if possible. I then use every cheap trick I've learned in my COD experience, not pretty but hey desperation is a biatttttch

mwfan55

This is what I do when I get owned.

1- Curse at the other team

2- Accuse them of being head glitchers and campers

3- Throw my controller at the wall.

These 3 steps help calm me down, then I take a break and come back at it. Steps 1-3 may get repeated a few times during the night.

MadConvictor wrote:

The matches where you can't do anything because you're half a second behind

T (enemy comes around corner and is able to shoot you at leisure while you've barely spotted him) I just leave those. I base my actions on what I see, when what I see isn't the reality I can't make the proper decisions.

Agreed!  Its very frustrating.  The lag makes it unplayable. 

v21075

It happens man sometimes you are invincible 30-5 or something the next minute you're getting smashed 5-30, it happened to me in one game of hardpoint the other night, game started and I was doing well getting my scoresteaks and was 22-4 (that's good for me) next thing we get a host migration and for the rest of the game I got hammered, people 1 shotting me after me putting half a clip into them, I ended up wit a score of 28-37. COD is skill based to a point for sure but connection can play a hand in how things go. If you want to see how bad you are lagging use the FAL on single shot line up a guy and see how many bullets it take to kill them (it should be 2 to the chest or above) if you get nothing or a load of hitmarkers you are lagging

Izjar11

If you want to see how bad you are lagging use the FAL on single shot line up a guy and see how many bullets it take to kill them (it should be 2 to the chest or above) if you get nothing or a load of hitmarkers you are lagging

You know I didnt want to mention it, but I was actually using the FAL when I got owned, it just wouldn't kill! Atleast thats how I felt, but I was playing poorly as well.

docjonez420

i use the fal 90% of the time. maxed it out ,prestiged it, the whole nine yards,ive watched the gun decimate all upon release of game to becomeing a rubberband guni love the way the gun is but its gotten a bit weaker,i think its lag,only assumption

docjonez420

i use the fal 90% of the time. maxed it out ,prestiged it, the whole nine yards,ive watched the gun decimate all upon release of game to becomeing a rubberband guni love the way the gun is but its gotten a bit weaker,i think its lag,only assumption

ghamorra

Had some game last night where it seemed the enemy was always within arm reach of me. I was trading kills for deaths. The second I pulled the trigger I was getting ambushed. I found that CUAV is a great tool, not just to counter a UAV, but to give you the advantage of your actions not showing on the radar whether it be using a suppressed weapon or an enem's teammate falling off

Izjar11

ghamorra wrote:

Had some game last night where it seemed the enemy was always within arm reach of me. I was trading kills for deaths. The second I pulled the trigger I was getting ambushed. I found that CUAV is a great tool, not just to counter a UAV, but to give you the advantage of your actions not showing on the radar whether it be using a suppressed weapon or an enem's teammate falling off

I've always been a fan of the CUAV and use it almost regularly.

melrose

As far as this game crowd being more friendly I beg to differ.... Im a black guy and it seems as soon as I open my mouth to say a word the RACIST COMMENTS arrive. Its crazy how many people out there are closet racist because half of them wouldnt have the guts to say the hateful, demorilizing things they say via the internet in person.. SMDH

slow it down a bit. the maps/spawns are not too friendly for running and gunning. they made it so people with all skill levels can get pwned.

sXedge

How do I take bad games.. I take them out on the Girlfriends face! 

Joking aside.. she gets quite hurt.

Just to confirm, I'm only messing!

Mojo33

I punch my cat.

melrose

Yeah its crazy... me and my so called clan start kickin a lil butt and it never fails......The N bomb comes in and all the other nasty comments you can think of.... But on the subject at hand.... Ive never been so inconsistant on a game in my life... its like a role of the dice every game I play.... Im either gonna go 18-2 or 9-9 its crazy and frustrating as hell..... I usually talk on the phone with a chick every now and then while im playing and im sure they think I have terets syndrom how I scream obsinities out of no were lol.....

Shadow_Alq

Hey! Dam yesterday was a very bad night indeed... I wasnt playing at my best but dam, the lag was horrendus... I had a few 4-14 lol... My KD dropped 0.2...

I just dont agree with you about the BO2 crowd: what I saw was 9 guys from USA (Europe here), lagging AS HELL, like, appearing from nowhere, going through my bullets, and then laughing at us on lobby!! ahah

Terrible, terrible, night...

Side note - I stopped using cUAV last night as I got the Emblems!

You win some, you lose some. I dont rage or break controller sof any of that wacky stuff I read about. It is just a game.

I had a prety good night, even got some hate mail.

Thats when you know you are on fire.

rlbl

I remember it is just a game.  If I am truly getting my butt handed to me, I stick it out (like the last time I played on NT during the DXP weekend I could not spawn because the other team was raining hellfire on us)...  Whatcha gonna do. We got out played and got the whooping that followed.

side bar: Were you in the game with me a little bit ago when we went up against a clan and they thrashed us the 1st game? We stuck around and beat them the 2nd (Dom on Plaza) even though we still got the snot kicked out of us and all went seriously negative?  We pressed on and won (we had a game like that on DOME in MW3 as well).

On Topic:

If I cannot win by no fault of my own, I will leave:

- serious lag (being a few steps behind and cannot buy a kill)

- teammates who will not play the objective/leave spawn.

I can take a loss as well as a win... but when I CAN'T win, I am out (I see no point hiding in a corner for 15 minutes hoping for a migration or a team change)

Izjar11

side bar: Were you in the game with me a little bit ago when we went up against a clan and they thrashed us the 1st game? We stuck around and beat them the 2nd (Dom on Plaza) even though we still got the snot kicked out of us and all went seriously negative?  We pressed on and won (we had a game like that on DOME in MW3 as well).

I think so, last game we played the 3 vs 3 vs 3 and we loss and then overtook the next games.

I know losing is normal, but I just couldn't shake it last night (was playing solo) and I found myself refuting to leave!

Jaggajatt187

It's hard to stay consistent in this game, I don't know if it the connection or something different. If my deaths don't feel cheap then I just tough it out, swear a whole lot which ends up scaring my girlfriend LOL. Most of the time I just turn it off once it's over and play NBA 2k13.

I played KC yest, and was rushing and beasting w/ the M27 and for one of the first times it felt like i was on the good side of lag. After getting my Vsat & lodestar 4 players on the other team left, the 4 guys that ended up joining were all 3 bars and I ended up on the total bad side of lag. I went 30-2 before they joined and after they joined i went 8-16. They weren't amazing players, they were just unkillable. What pissed me off most is that we were leading 70-40 and after they entered the game they came back and we lost 100-98. It was probably the most drastic change in connection I've ever experienced.

rtmgp2002

I had a similar experience last night.  I got put into a match a little after it started (Dom) and went 21-14.  Well next match starts with the same lobby and I started off 4-0 with 2 captures.  I was thinking okay, I must have the lag advantage, then BAM.  Next thing I know I can't get a kill or a capture, the other team is just killing our team.  I ended up going 6-22 with only 3 captures (and I had 2 within the the first couple of minutes).  We got stomped 200-75.  I kept in the match thinking somehow we can turn this around, but everywhere I went there was somebody behind me or to side I didn't see and down I went.  I stuck it out, but left that lobby after the game was over.  I guess you take the good with the bad. 

A few things Ive noticed lately. 1 lag, at first it wasnt really affecting me but lately I've been finding myself leaving more games because no matter what I do Im getting beat. Ill get the drop on someone and yet I dont hit him once. It happens over and over thats lag.

Ive also noticed a lot more camping over the past week.

Also Ive seen more and more players that are moving....erratically is the best way I can out it. Seeming a lot faster then everyone else, moving choppily, or just turning and moving in a way that just isnt natural in game. Thats also either lag or theyre hacking.

I didnt notice a lot of this in the first few weeks, but Im noticing a lot more over the past week or so. So who konw's

Other games it just seems like bad luck and theyre alwasy spawning behind you lol

phxs72

I find myself in the same kind of situation.  I'll go through periods of time in a match where I can't seem to buy a kill.  It usually goes get killed, lighting strike, hunter drone, another lighting strike, spawn directly infront of a guy get killed again, seriously another lighting strike?! and then if I haven't already lost my cool I'll start getting kills again.  Sometimes I'll go a whole match feeling like I've had my butt handed to me and find out at the end that I actually did pretty good.  Other matches I really did get my butt handed to me.  I think a lot of it has to do with the lack of spawn protection.  At least it does for me.  The spawn die to a killstreak thing often comes in multiples for me but you just have to realize that sometimes it's happening to you and sometimes it's happening to them.  So it works out in the end but it's really frustrating when it's happening to you.  I just try to not take it too personally when its happening to me.

sennalike

Ever since W@W every CoD has been the same for me.  Regardless of my own connection, I can have matches where I beast (horrible term) and matches where I suck.  Sometimes it's hard to tell if lag is the issue, so I used to play by a self imposed rule; if I died 5 times without a kill but know I should have had one then I leave.  Only had one occasion where this rule would have come in to play on BO2, every time I met the enemy I got a ton of hit markers only to die after being hit a couple of times.  I did leave only to find I was host.  Funny that.  I tihnk the only reason they dont show the host is because they know people will forever be leaving matches.  They should go back to giving the host the advantage.  Far better to have one player beasting and the rest normal than to be the host where you cant get a kill and end up leaving.  Also that way everyone would set up the best connection they can to try and get host, at the moment too many are making their connections deliberately poor and this is affecting everyone.

Normally if everything is working well and I am getting owned I stop and think and suddenly realise it is because my team mates are offering no support.  They are camped up somewhere doing naff all to help the cause.  I only play domination and capping flags in BO2  (especially the B flag) on your own is a sure fire way to go 3-30.

CoD can be the most entertaining gaming experience out there, or it can be the most frustrating.  I dont know that it will ever change.  Got my hopes set on the next gen consoles and improvements in internet speeds world-wide.

Shadow_Alq

Yea me too!! Last night was insane!

To those who were repplying about Winning/Losing: I was winning... Thats the saddest part, I was wiining, but fininshing lots of time like 5-15... Like... Really?

(Maybe its me, maybe I dont have the patience anymore to see all the Edited by Moderator with Betties and Snipers at their C Flag lol...and I start chasing them a lot But one thing is certain: they were kind of "invisible" to my eyes, they appeared from nowhere, and If I saw them and empty my clip on them...somehow they were literally running through my bullets...I dont try to understand it anymore really!!..)

Message was edited by: codblackice

Izjar11

Normally if everything is working well and I am getting owned I stop and think and suddenly realise it is because my team mates are offering no support.  They are camped up somewhere doing naff all to help the cause.

To add on to this Senna, this was one scenario from last night:

Map: turbine

I am in the bottom portion of the canal that splits the map, I spot an enemy (he spots me) we begin shooting at each other I see a team mate "walk" behind him shooting his sniper rifle at him (the enemy that I have an open fire fight with) he missed all his shots (2-3 were fired) I died from the exchange. I was pissed, and looked at the kill cam, freaking team mate followed him and stabbed him after he killed me!

Playing solo in TDM is as almost similar to playing in FFA!

BanHaMMer

That's true lzjar, I just did the Core TDM Challenge for my clan solo and got 567 kills. So long as I kept my kills high we would win, but the minute I slacked off to take it easy. Every man for him self. The trouble is you can fall in with a good crew of random's then the pre game lobby a couple of games later splits you all up, go figure

sennalike

I have a love hate relationship with campers in domination.  I love it when they are on the enemy team but hate them when they are on mine.  Had one earlier tonight.  He was sat on a roof top ADSing the flag, WTF!!!  There was a UAV up and all the enemy were the other side of the map.  Soon after half time, at which point he was 3-1, 0 caps or defends, he left the match.  I only play solo, through choice, but there is no reason not to work as a team to get the job done.  When you do then you tend to find your KDR looks after itself.  But people dont seem to realise this.  Sat here about to start a session and wondering what kind of connection I will have tonight!