24 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2012 4:12 AM by fallenshadow000 RSS

smgs, the typical weapon for a noob or coward

Nova_7

its impossible to play the game cuz of these shitweeds, is that the future, overpowered smgs, the only one i ever used was the P90 from MW3, treyarch needs to fix this, their literally short-to-medium ranged snipers, one shot=kill.

• Re: smgs, the typical weapon for a noob or coward

I replied to a similar post a few days ago pointing out that my deadliest weapon is the SCAR-H, and that I have the highest k/d with that weapon as well.  Unfortunately, a few bad lobbies later and that's no longer the case.

The SCAR-H is still my deadliest weapon, but now I have my highest k/d using the LSAT.

The SMGs are not really overpowered imo (but I'd still be okay with a slight nerf to their recoil at range).  It's just that the maps tend to lend themselves to a lot of short-range confrontations, which is what SMGs are designed for...if you play smarter & adjust your style to what your weapon of choice is best at, you can do very well against the SMG-toting hordes.  The problem is that many players (not saying you specifically) are used to using every weapon like an SMG from the previous CoDs, and that no longer works so well in BO2.

Noctis Everto

IT ISNT THAT DIFFICULT.

Use these guidelines to making your classes, stick to their range and youll notice yourself doing better.

• KNIFE- IMMEDIATE RANGE
    • Shotguns/Pistols/SMG- Short range dominant, dropoff at mid-to-long range
    • AR- The undecided man's champion (MID range, varies when shots paced.)
    • LMG- SUPRESSIVE FIRE!
    • Sniper- LONG DISTANCE. (Like most crybabies' relationships)

See? EASY. IF obeying simple rules such as those, arent enough for you, you can change their effectiveness with  ATTACHMENTS.

ATTACHMENTS are modifications that allow you to tweak the IDEAL range for your gun to fit how YOU want to play.

ANYTHING and EVERYTHING done within these boundaries is legit, whether you like it or not.

So instad of complaining, why not ADAPT to the new style of MP?

1. SMGs: Faster Fire rate, less DMG (CQB)
    2. Shotguns: HIGH POWER, slow fire rate. (CQB)
    3. AR: Not overpowered in any catagory
    4. LMG: HEAVY AMMO, Decent power
    5. Sniper: High Power. Effective at long range.
      Mugatu22

Looks like I'll have to spell it out for you too

1. SMG's spray at short range kill within 2 hits to the body, shouldn't happen

2. SMG's do NOT drop off at mid to long range. Only a complete idiot would still think that. They easily are better at mid range then AR, this should not be the case. SMG should dominate short range while midrange is for AR

So stop being a jerk for no reason and know what you're talking about. Don't get mad that people want OP weapons nerfed.

Noctis Everto

First off, by the title of his post, he doesnt deserve to have someone 'be nice' all he did with that is show his ignorance. Its like him starting the OP with THIS:

"I cant comprehend another way of play or a weapon that is better suited to CQB, So ill whine for a nerf AND talk crap in one post! "

I couldve been a bit nicer, but dealing with the stupidity on these forums is tedious.

That Formula has also worked for me amazingly playing with teams that do the same. I apologize for sounding shitty, but SERIOUSLY?

[SMG Example. If I shot you twice with MP7, close range, you would prolly die.

GOOD

However If I shot you across the map with MP7 I COULD STILL KILL yes, but I would be at a DISADVANTAGE to any player nearby (that had Shotgun, SMG, KNIFE), as well as any player further away, using AR, LMG, SNIPER.

There is a chance any player may have any gun. So why not pick a gun you are good with, go somewhere on the map suited for it, and move around that area while trying to keep out of the longer, shorter sightlines.

But yes, it totally makes sense to nerf something that is only effective at close range.

If you were killed by an SMG at Mid-to-long range, while you had an assault rifle, LMG, Shotgun, or Sniper then you are bad.

If he saw you, there exists small room for exception.

Quit complaining and start adapting. Ill probably be the one kicking ur bum later on with CQB. Just to be a douche Ill pair it with Black hat, and hack ur equipment.

The next day

O.o NERF THE BLACK HATS NAO!!!11!

Mugatu22

So your justification for why the SMG is so good at long range is because someone close to you could kill you?

Those where guidelines for how the weapons SHOULD work, not how they work. They are in no way indicitive of how the weapons work. SMGs win 95% of the time close range, and are a 50/50 split with ARs mid range. SMGs are so obviously OP that it is rediculous to try and defend them.

Noctis Everto

•  

So your justification for why the SMG is so good at long range is because someone close to you could kill you?

No not at all. THINK PLEASE!!!!

What Im saying is EVERY GUN can kill at almost EVERY range.  Some weapons are made for certain types of encounters.

Submachine guns are made with a faster fire rate, to kill at close range faster than an AR would. lol

Weapons were given different traits for a reason. Just ask yourself "why would they make gun 1 like this?"

Guns are meant to kill. Guns will kill. Please you must be overthinking my posts. ITs simple.

I 100% agree with you and this guy probably uses SMGs.
            SMGs should excel in RoF. Mobility. Reload. ADS.
            They should be poor in Bullet penetration (which they aren't). Damage (which they aren't) Range (which they aren't). Recoil (which they aren't) so you see, SMGs are clearly OP. Oh and the maps are made especially for them... if you want I could probably make a video proving how easy it is with SMGs?!

If you go on youtube... most people playing multiplayer prove that anyway.

I personally think the game needs to slow down. COD4 was a slightly slower paced game.. and it was a fair game, equal weapon balances and perks.

I bet if I made a list of the weapons and stats, I could come up with a better alternative for most of them, reducing the stats... making the game slower, fairer and more fun.

It just takes time to think about it.. and Treyarch didn't think about it.. they made the same mistake in Blops 1 and also in WAW with the Mp40 and Thompson. Done, dusted.

Noctis Everto

Also question!

Whats the point of giving guns classification names if any idiot should know that doesnt matter anymore?

He'll be complaining about the TAC-45 once he dies by it at CQB in due time too. 2-hit kill monster up to 7.5 meters, outclasses any SMG if you're a good shot.

rockypeters

I disagree, I think people like SMGs because they can move quickly and they only have to sacrifice a bit of range.

I don't see any problems with any of the guns really, I use an AR and feel I'm on par with anyone carrying a SMG, LMG, Pistol or whatever. 

And I don't know where you get off saying "2 shots and the smg kills you." That's not true. Most of the time it takes almost a half to a full clip to kill one person bcs of the way bullets work in bops 2.

You counter SMGS with fast moving shotgun classes. 2 players of equal skill, 1 with a shotgun and the other one with an smg, the shotgun should win almost everytime.

SMG HARD Counters= range, shotguns.

SOFT counters=SMG/AR (AR because they don't have the stopping power of a shotgun).

If a good player with an SMG is in your face and you don't have a shotgun or an smg, your chances of surviving are slim to none.

good luck!

squirt magoo

You are playing a  GAME online, to describe somebody as a coward for using what they choose to, on a GAME they purchased, does not make you a worldwide real life hero. It makes you a pathetic little cocktard.

Find something better to complain about and stop lying. one shot=kill??? Get out of here with your lies.

The real problem in this game is quick scoping....

I definitely got the medal-badge thing for "One Shot One Kill," yesterday with an SMG just taking a random shot at a guy across the map who was about to hit cover behind a building.

That isn't to brag or complain at all. I'm just saying it happens for sure. I just sort of sat there, perplexed for a second. No long barrel, no FMJ. Just a muscle-memory reaction and he fell in one shot. Pop!-Dead.

Ungrateful_Dead

I have gotten the odd quick kill with an SMG at range, but unless you know what kind of damage they had already taken it doesn't prove anything.  I have also gotten kills with tactical grenades, what does that prove?  Most likely they had already taken damage from another source, that's all.

If you think SMGs have no recoil at range, then you haven't used them much.  To land 6 bullets on an enemy usually takes a couple of controlled bursts.  Kill cameras don't show you what it really looks like from the enemey POV, they don't show all the recoild and view kick.

The two higher damage/range SMGs, the MSMC and the PDW-57 overlap into AR range, but both only have 720 RPM, the same as the M27 and less than the Type 25.  They are also the only ones capable of 3 shot kills, but there are 2 ARs than can kill in 2 shots.

Finally, brave and noob?  Really?  If you think anybody playing a game online is proving their courage, I suggest you need to go outside more.

Funny thing is, after playing for going on three weeks now, I STILL can't find an SMG I actually like.

The weapons themselves really aren't OP, IMO. I believe it's a byproduct of poor map design. The majority of them are CQC with some poor/mediocre sight lines mixed in; how are ARs supposed to fight that when there are no sight lines long enough to take advantage of their range?

IndyOldGuy

its to the point now where people are just running around with the 2 rapid fire pistols and outgunning evryone..lol

scoop121578

u know what im tired of the complaining just remove all the guns, crossbows, scorestreaks the bullettrain that hits me in express cause thats overpowered too  we just got to use our fist in game or would that be to overpowered too