8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2012 12:29 PM by cincydog RSS

Disappearing Warthog

Garyfromscotland

I use this quite often, and some times it only seem to pass once, then disappears.

anyone else had this issue? im pretty sure it cant be shot down and ive never heard it say "enemy has destroyed your XXXX"

• Re: Disappearing Warthog

I have experienced this aswell. Even though during the 1.03 patch, i havent been able to play the game, before the patch, i used to get one, and it would pass once and then go. Im pretty sure it should be a 4 time thing. And they can be destroyed. I was on Hijacked and used my black hats to destroy and enemy one once, takes some doing though, not really worth it.

zombie-papa

Don't know about the warthog but i've had loads of dissapearing hunterkiller missiles. I'll see the sign on screen telling me i got it and i continue to score to get my second and thrid streak but then when i want to use them i find that i only got the hellstorm and lightning strike?? so what happened to my first streak???

Izjar11

That is strange, it should do about 3-4 passes before its finished (love the sound that thing makes) but that does sound like a glitch. You should complete one of the forums customer support online forms and report this directly.

Garyfromscotland wrote:

I use this quite often, and some times it only seem to pass once, then disappears.

anyone else had this issue? im pretty sure it cant be shot down and ive never heard it say "enemy has destroyed your XXXX"

KAM0916

I know just this morning I called in a AGR only for it to disappear before it hit the ground.

cymbolmonkey115

Hmm... there seems to be a lot of issues regarding SS. Dragonfire was a well known one for me too. It happened about 17 times in total! Utter bullshit! Basically, I was being prevented from using it no matter where I was on the map.I've never noticed any problems with other SS though. When did this last happen?

Shrydo

You can shoot down a warthog actually.  Ive done it.  Takes a couple shots, not sure if it has flares or flies too fast for the missile to catch it in its sweeps,  but I have destroyed them before.  Ive heard people say they've shot hunter killer drones down before, but I havent done that yet.

And I hardly ever see it say so and so shot down such and such.  Maybe I dont pay close enough attention lol.  A game voice usually says something tho.

TheBeastlyDude

The Hunter Killer tends to disappear if after it goes up and locks onto someone, it may hit a building or miss its mark due to a good dolphin dive. I am unsure how it exactly works and what causes it to miss and what not.

As for the Warthog, it may be flying over a few times but you're not noticing it because sometimes the sound disappears like when you're shooting. It's best to watch the theatre and see what is going on and if it only makes 1 pass, make a video of it and post it so that the devs can fix it since they won't fix anything unless there is some kind of video proof.

Black hat x2 equals no more warthog