24 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2012 8:11 AM by hyper72 RSS

Hot fix 22.213.47 big fat fail.

hyper72

Game still lagging to holy hell....im still 1 second behind what i see on kill cam what ever they did there is no improvement.

• Re: Hot fix 22.213.47 big fat fail.
    GALACT1C0s117

I think the hotfix was mainly for league play which is useless for me. I was waiting for something to fix some of the lag which is my main problem right now.

sennalike

Agreed.

hyper72

Black ops 1 repeating itself that took forever to fix.

sennalike

Black ops was never really playable for me, ever.  Fortunately I have found a connection set up for BO2 that does make it playable, with some manual intervention of backing out of lobbies with foreign voices!  Treyarch will make changes over time and those complaining now will be happier, those not complaining will start to.  It's the way of CoD.

Don't back up in the lobby just because you hear a foreign accent , Me and my friends we all speak english, spanish and other lenguages  but we live in the US . The lag seems to be worst when we play in a party we all have good internet speed being me the one with the slowest 20 down 5 up because FIOS is not available in the Marryland area I live . Last night I played by my self around six hours from 11 pm to 4am and I had very little issues with the lag I was playing with and against a lot of people from Europe , I could tell by their accent.

sometimes I joined a game and got killed 4 or 5 times in a minute because of spawn killing and lag so I backed out and join a new game. It worked for me I was able to have a very good evening for the first time since the game was released . I was using the SCAR with adjustable stock and light weight +   and I stayed in the open picking the SMGs guys from a distance I was not camping because they knew where I was. The reason I tell you this is becasue If you are going to be a Victim of lag , It will probably be when you rush in a room and that half a second lag makes the difference between life and death . Using an AR increases the chance of winning the fight sometimes.   I know It is a stupid solution for a problem that should NOT EXIST (lag) but till they fix it I have no other choice.

sennalike

I appreciate that backing out when you hear a foreign voice isn't always as simple as that, but I live in the UK and it's fairly straight forward for UK players.  Being in the USA or Cananda would make it more difficult as there are a whole lot of different languages spoken!

i doubt you speak more than just english and spanish and it is a good idea to leave if you hear foreign languages because you most likely will not have good ping, as for not lagging in UK, i am betting those were canadians.

i wouldnt take your suggestion either as you said it only worked once in the past few weeks since release and people are looking for an actual fix, not a gun setup or what worked ONCE for someone else.

If all that's happening is lag for you count yourself lucky, since this hotfix my ps3 keeps freezing....

Goresh14

I wouldn't be holding your breath waiting for a fix for the lag. MW3 had, what, 50 patches? I lost count and the lag conttinued to get worse with every patch. It got so bad it wasn't even worth the effort to play it and as a result it sits in its case collecting dust. As much as I hate to say it, I foresee the same fate for BLOPS2.

Well I had not played BO2 in over a week. Today I just logged in and tried to play a little CTF on the first match as the map loaded I had my second hard freeze from this game.  After going through the process of rebooting my ps3 like a fool I tried again. Now I'm sitting here restoring my files again. I had no problems off the start from this game now I'm at three freezes two of which have been within ten minuets.  What ever they're doing is taking the game backwards for me.

chris_mogzy

I know the freezing should not happen (I've had it a few times and it is very annoying), but I just thought I'd let you know that when it does freeze, you don't have to do that restoring files thing when you turn your PS3 back on. If you press circle when the corrupt files screen comes up (or whatever it says when you turn your PS3 back on), it skips the process.

You may think you need to do this (because it comes up), but you don't, I've skipped it many times and nothing is different, no files were corrupt. (This will save you some time just waiting for it to restore the files).

RichterRavage

Hotfix .47? It lags and freezes like hell this time, until a day ago i was having some decent matches, but now is really "welcome to hell"

zvers

Don't use a wireless connection. I have used wireless on PS3 for the past couple installments and I also experienced the 1 second behind crap. I just ran a T1 line to my PS3 and the hit detection is WAY better. A noticeable difference for sure.

sennalike

I believe the hot fix was to update the score required for a UAV.  It has achieved that so the hot fix was a success, not a fail.

hyper72

Should be removed altogether the skys still full of them..... Anyway the lag bo11ocks still continues 1seconds behind enemy and getting shot when i clearly fired first is not my idea of fun anymore.