27 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2012 10:48 PM by kweinger RSS

smgs overpowered

smg's need to be weaker

• Re: smgs overpowered
    slap1i

You're wrong, they're fine.  While they're popular, they aren't overpowered in the slightest.  Try using one, and come back here and post your 100-4 gameplay.

Don't know exactly what youre trying to say or where the sarcasm fits in but SMGs not only need to be weaker but theyre range needs to be decreased.  Its ridiculous that I can pick off a sniper in a distant window with just a few few-round bursts of an smg.

And I don't know, for some reason, it seems like a suppressor makes them a bit stronger. That might just be me though..

Well SMG's are suposed to be all-purpose guns.

jewz

actually assualt rifles are supposed to be all purpose guns. SMG's are not. They are basically pistols as they are chambered in pistol rounds. Really only suited for cqb.

The issue with smg's in Black ops 2 is their ridiculous hipfire accuracy, pretty damn good range, incredibly low recoil, and massive magazine capacity. Put that with the tiny map design and you have op weapons class

euh, no.

It already take 6 bullets from an SMG  in Core to kill someone. 6 bullets! Its already unrealistic and over-the-top. If it would take more bullets to kill someone with an SMG, then we should stop playing with human-looking character and it should be robots or monster then. lol

QwertyBoredom

SMGs are fine its the levels that make them seem OP since nearly all of them are so small there are no large open areas to really see how SMGs face up against any other weapon in their native range.

congratulations on your first post

WAR EEYORE

I like the fact that smg's seem to have a little more power in this game.  QwertBoredom has the right idea though, the maps are small and this leads to a lot of people using smg's.  If anything I think some of the AR's could use a little more power, but that's just me !

pj600r

SMG'S don't seem overpowered when I use them, it always feels like I use half a clip to kill someone even at close range.

The Vector has 36 bullets in the clip I had 6 left after I'd killed someone, I probably missed with half of those shots but even 15 bullets seems far too many to put someone down.

jewz

Weapon stats for SMG's:

Scorpion, Mp7, Chicom, Vector all do 33  max damage. The same as the type 25 and m27

the pdw has the same max damage as the M8 at 35

the MSMC has the same max damage as the an94

all have a minimum damage of 18 and most have a 4 shot range that is equal to the MTAR's 3 shot range with only the scorpion being lower.

All have a ROF higher than all but the type 25's base ROF (select fire is different).

The pdw's 5 shot kill range is about the same as most Ar's 4 shot kill range as is the MSMC's while having a higher base rof than all but the type 25 and M8.

They have faster ADS times of .2 to .25 and have a very low hipfire spread

cymbolmonkey115

Which to all of the stupid retards that can't understand what he just said.... it means SMGs are OP! I worked that out when I stole some faggy noobs SMG and hipfired him till he left...

I am sick of this game any how... I might just snap the disc and **** on the remains and send it back to Treyarch...

This game encourages hosts to leave?! That is why I have 0.13 W/L ratio.

When I play games without barely one SMG, the game is fine... I get killed a few times... it's ok, I don't care... I don't die in 1 millisecond, I die fairly and nooblessly. When SMGs are in the game, I pray the world actually will end... (although, I know it won't but most of civilisation is retarded and takes the easy option) but still, maybe for some terrorist to break into their house and hipfire them or something funny ... so I can read their ironic death in the paper..

rankismet

proskillgamers wrote:

smg's need to be weaker

As soon as my first four bullets drop shottie or QS guy before their one hit drops me...

... I'll listen to your well thought out post.

For now...

... no.

thecazdog

I think that the lack of recoil and hip fire spread are the biggest issues. Damage at range would be less severe if these values were adjusted.

Having said that, I find I do pretty well with the FAL. With select fire it has the lowest time to kill in the game and just drops people at any range.

It can be frustrating to be killed by over-powered smgs and quickscoping exploitation, but that's the price of haivng this game appeal to the masses. Treyarch used to be about qulaity - now it's about shipping as many copies as possible.

Learn how to play the game. Stop Rushing with the ARs or SGs, and start using caution. Of course you're going to lose a CQC with the SMGs, while rushing with ARs. Use your Head........

thecazdog

The problem with this is that the maps make it almost impossible to keep the enemy at a distance suitable for AR engagements. It seems that almost every decent sight line has a tank/car/random object obscuring your field of fire and making it all too easy to just rush in and hip fire for the kill.

I thought the MW3 maps were bad till I saw these...how I long for decent maps like Hardhat, Village and Mission (and this is relative - none of these maps have anything on Black Ops 1 and most of the maps in MW2).

SMGs aren't overpowered. The maps are small with ally ways and head glitches that make them useful as they got the best wall banging ability. Vahn is nerfing the wall banging with SMGs.

ACII

SMG's are not overpowered.  Kid just probably takes a beating all the time and got raped by a couple of kids using them or something.

The only thing that I seem to be upset about them is their seemingless lack of recoil for ranged shooting. I have an assualt rifle and get out gunned in distance shooting when I go against a guy with an SMG, and I watch the killcam and he/she has virtually no recoil on his gun, but on mine it's a bunking bronco, not to mention he has 1.5x the ammo I have and beats me in any hip fire competition.

jewz

SMG's are over powered. simple as that. Entire lobby's are using them and only them. Even on the largest map turbine, 70-80% of people still run around with smg's. dont believe me? go play nuketown in black ops 1 then play nuketown in black ops 2. Exact same map with only updated textures. You will quickly notice how op smg's are

ACII

no they do not, JFC lol

if someone is taking you out with  SMG's, come up with a strategy to counter it.  Learn to use a shotgun, that will facerape SMG's at close range.  Or camp, adjust.  SMG's don't have near the range that you make them out to have and will lose most long range fights if they player has an AR and is good.

L2P

jewz

hahaha strategy in a CoD game. Are you kidding me? If you try at all you are screamed at for camping. this game has been and always will be all people running around like chickens with their heads cut off. There is no counter for SMG's. Their stats show that several of them carry a 5 shot kill out fairly far. about on par with many ar's 4 shot range while having faster ROF's and ridiculously low recoil and insane hipfire accuracy. Plus the maps are tiny with very very few long lines of sight at all further increasing the op of smg's

kweinger

Insane accuracy with hip fire

High fire rate

high damage

small maps with no long lines of sight

low recoil

can burst fire kill someone sitting in a window as if you're using an AR

yes they are op