40 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2012 4:08 PM by Eye_Gore RSS

Who designed the matchmaking?

barneykiller

Last night I was rolling with my usual party of 6 and EVERY game the game would give the host to some guy who gave his team all 4 bars and us 2 and 3. I'm pretty sure he wasn't the "best" host in the lobby. My friend has 100 down and 100 up and you didn't pick him? Just to add when he gets the host everyone in the lobby gets 4 bars. The hilarious thing is that after the host rage quitted (no surprise there) it gave me the host. My connection isn't the greatest but the majority of everyone had a 4 bar. I just don't get it Treyarch, I just don't get it.

• Re: Who designed the matchmaking?
    Eye_Gore

Host is not decide by who has the best up and down speeds. Those speeds have nothing to do with matchmaking. It is who ever has the least amount of latency to all the other players.

LTSHiNySiDeZ

I honestly think it was a blind retarted monkey that made the matchmaking.  I live in North Dakota US and have played almost everyone of my games on here with nothing but Brits, Germans, Russians, Muslims, etc....Don't think I have ever had green bars once on this game other than on zombies with friends

LTSHiNySiDeZ

I refer towards Afghans, Iraqis, Indians.  Is that better for you there to many Muslim countries for me to name that I end up in the lobby with

Eye_Gore

Aren't the majority of Indians, Hindu? How would you know that the others were actually living in those countries? Not sure where you live, but I have heard all those languages spoken here in the US.

The religion is Islam...The muslims are the followers, they're a group of people and most arab countries either house Christians or Muslims. Don't try to say "same difference" I know you were just trying to be a smart alec -__-

Eye_Gore

Better than being a dumb alec. Though Indians are Hindu.

I suppose so.

robbierocket

Irrespective of my knowledge and using only the information in this thread you last point

Though Indians are Hindu.

...is along the same lines as why you pulled the other guy up for his muslim comments: Irrelevant, presumptuous, and in the modern world, geographically void.

To be honest, muslims are more commonly called by their religious title rather than their nationality because of the attitudes in their religion. It is sometimes easy to call someone a Muslim than an arab because they claim it. Although it might seem pernecious to label a geographical location by a religious title over their nationality, in the middle east a lot of them see 'arab' nations as 'muslim' nations, and then there's all of that strife between certain (I'll not name them) countries and Israel...because they don't believe Israel is a 'Jewish' land, but a 'Muslim' land.

robbierocket

...well, yes, "Islam is the nation".

...and yes, Arab countries are seen as Arabian from the outside or from other religions within the country, and as above for muslims.

We could spend some time here, though if we don't know who designed the matchmaking, it may be a tall order to discuss their religion, or did I misunderstand the thread topic?

Hey, I'm just telling you what I learned from 4 years of sociology. Muslim just got coined to most arabs in general because of the way muslims present themselves. Don't believe me, do some research. Honestly...I don't see a fix for the matchmaking in the near future, which is why I'm quitting black ops 2 for a month or two until they actually make this game release worthy because they're too cheaper to hire people to debug the game and iron out the kinks before release. This game reminds me of when Skyrim came out on Ps3.
                  Maybe I'm wrong, maybe they do hire people, but they're certainly lazy at their jobs. I hate it when companies experiement on their customers with what they think is 'new' and 'better'...it's microsoft all over again.

robbierocket

It's good that you are more "read" than many many people, but many are more read than you as well.

"Some people" have even stayed in arab countries, have muslims for friends, work with international students, studied the world's largest followed religions, studied social anthropology and demographics with regards to arab nations as well as pick up a newspaper from time to time.

Kudos to knowledge and understanding.

I've been a paramedic for a while, and I've gone to many places to provide relief. Anyways... the person in question clearly has a bias, and those that have accepted the coined term for the generalization of middle eastern people via categoric knowing, which in this case is 'muslim', you have to take note that it may not be so in reality, but when you take into perspective the lens that is placed over the eyes of the foreigners you get the person that calls anyone with a beard that looks middle eastern 'muslim.' You could probably align said situation with the Romans and Greeks, Barbars, and savages. Selective perception would state that the person that has labeled a seemingly middle eastern person a muslim results in a stereotype. Which is what we're talking about.

featherman84

You guys can discuss this what you want, but I think they kicked ping based matchmaking in patch 1.03 and putted location based matchmaking back in.If not then the online devs really screwed up, and probably have no idea what ping is.

barneykiller

That would be my guess.

JC480

Yes i think this is true, because it keeps sticking me in french rooms 99% of the time, and i am from UK, not france..  the best ping possible would be in the same place i live not across the sea in another land...

featherman84

Exactly, the way it is now is complete bull and not ping based.

barneykiller

Yep. A complete joke.

Treyarch needs to L2makeps3games...They keep trying to make their glorified ps2 games under the guise of bluray discs. Tbh, there was nothing wrong with the Modern warfare games, just the gun stats pretty much. The stats of the guns is a pretty trivial matter though when the game mechanics, graphics, and matchmaking (mostly) works.

Eye_Gore

Really. France is less than 900 miles (US measurements) to the UK. Here in the US thats local. I can drive that in my truck in a days time. You make it sound like its half way around the world.

robbierocket

Being stateside you miss what's happening here. It's a cultural thing.

His words: Why am I being matched with the French?

You hear: Why am I being matched locally?

He's saying: Why am I being put with people I know make it a laggy lobby, why am I not being matched with people I won't lag with.

He's picking the French because of an Anglo-inherent detest for them. He's probably matching with Turks and Russians and even North Africans, but it's about the connection. If he's EXCLUSIVELY matched with UK players (and it's the 2nd biggest customer base after US, which is actually higher than the US per person/population) then he could conclude poor game or poor matchmaking, etc. and not blame everything in the French (because it's been surveyed in the UK that they are 25% more annoying due to their accents and perceived arrogance).

JC480

Yeah ok i understand that but, i mean it when i say 99% of the games are full of french people, and i know i am not the only one from the UK playing this game! It clearly is not picking people based on ping, it must be just thinking i am in france.. how can they have a better ping than someone in UK when i live there? I dont understand that.

Also it would be nice to understand what the team are talking about..