29 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2012 3:27 PM by jessedart RSS

Let us change our region. David V. do you see this topic, read please.

Until I move in a few months I use multiplayer as a way to ecscape the reality of what is outside my front door.

I live in an area that has become very ghetto in Florida and I get insulted for being white. People are murdered where I live and crime is has risen in the past few years. The people are nasty and rude, and Call of Duty the past couple years has been matchmaking me with people in my area.

I DON'T LIKE THE PEOPLE IN MY AREA, THAT'S WHY I LIKE MULTIPLAYER.

I met many online friends in games other than COD, and in COD games that I feel didn't matchmake me with local people. Some games let me choose which region I want to matchmake with, I'd like to play with some Canadians, but it doesn't put me in Canadian lobbies in BO2.

I would love to play with people in the central united states, but it doesn't happen much. I seem to be put with individuals from my area, and I hate it.

Playing Hardcore S&D I encounter bunches of racist people calling me a "cracker" and such. I don't like this and would strongly reccomend allowing us to change the regions in which we would like to matchmake.

Personally, I would rather have a not so great connection with nice people, than great connection with rude people. And I still get great connection when I play with other regions so allow me to choose please Treyarch.

• Re: Let us change our region. David V. do you see this topic, read please.
    LimonAgrio

So, basically your post is... You want to play with white people? Giving you the ability to chose your region will not let you select the color, etnicity, nationality of the people you will be partying up with. What I propose for you instead, is to ask Treyarch to remove League Play, and create a minorities only playlist for the USA; that way, public matches,will be whites only, and the new Minority Playlist will have well all "people other than white".  You could even create a clan and call it 88 or something nice like that. If Treyarch decides not to do this, at least they should let you play with canadians, like you asked. Last time I went to Canada, there was nothing but white people there.  /#finishsarcasm

Now, what you can really do is report, players doing this, to Treyarch and Microsoft and hope for the best.

Disclaimer:

The opinions and views expressed in this post are those of a non-white person.

I never said that I want to play with only white people, I said I want to play with NICE people.

So in fact, you are being racist. My area is filled with rude people.

LimonAgrio

Actually no. Your original post is racially charged. If you do not know the meaning of the words you use, and are big words for you, research them first and then use them.

The second sentence on your post starts with this and I quote: "I live in an area that has become very ghetto in Florida"

The word ghetto is used to describe an area of a city that is inhabited by a minority ethnic group.

Then you add this and I quote again "I DON'T LIKE THE PEOPLE IN MY AREA,"

So you don't like people from your area? Do you mean the area where you live which you describe as a ghetto? Of course you don't you like canadians right " I'd like to play with some Canadians" or people from Central USA? "I would love to play with people in the central united states". The you even add more, "I seem to be put with individuals from my area, and I hate it."

It is kind of sad you took all that time to elaborate a post that is full of so much stupidity.

Sorry bud, but your post is hateful. Like I said in my first post, report and hope for the best.

There are ghetto white people too you know. -___-"

randomhero204

Dude needs to get out of the "burbs"

A ghetto is a place (in modern times) where low income people can move and have affordable housing such as "town houses" "large apartment buildings" that are state owned and maintained (or provincially..I'm Canadian :) ) in Canada most of our "ghettos" or "projects" are inhabited by Native people's and very poor white People. Black people in Canada aren't the poor ones, but the natives here act like black people. Dress like black people (u.s black people I.e think they are "gangsta" and listen to rap) I grew up in these projects/ ghettos and I'm white.. Yeah I was poor. Single mom with an illness but I am now 30 went to college and work in education. I was resilient as they would say.

My message to the op is to be resilient and where you grow up defines who you are. You can live in a bad place and still come out on top because in the end your lifestyle choices will get you through. Try not to be so judgemental. And remeber. It's the holiday season!

LimonAgrio

I know there are people of any etnicity in a ghetto. My sarcasm to your original post, more than describing the nature of what was perceived is more towards the fact that what you are pleading as a solution in no way at all will solve the problem you are having.

The first line of my post read "So, basically your post is... You want to play with white people?"

In your original post you describe that your area is becoming a ghetto and that people are calling you a cracker. Is it white people calling you cracker? I will asume no. The reasoning behind my assumption is the following; I for example get called a "spic" for being puertorican, now, I have never had another puertorican calling me a "spic". Even though the etymology for spic and cracker are not the same it is used as a pejorative for each ethnic group consequently.

Now, I have people acusing me of calling you a racist, which is a word I did not use against your person, it is something. I stand behind my words, that your original post was racially charged, as it was. Your argument was very naive, as it was the people that came out to your defense.

How exaclty playing with canadians for example will prevent what was happening to you, or playing with people the central USA? Are they nicer there? Do they not use the pejorative cracker?  Or maybe there are no ghettos in this places and everything including the sky is pink?

Then you get people here coming out to your defense and acusing me of calling you a racist without looking at what said in your post. Their only focus was my post and how wrongfuly I suppousedly accused you. They talk about how I implied things, but then again; What was implied in your post? Like the dude with the million posts said, I have a thin skin... Well, my reply is the same. Reading on Wikipedia and experiencing things are two very different things.

You, say your post was misunderstood, and of course I give you that, the same way I admit I could have perceived what you posted in a different way than it was meant. That I am hyper-sensitive like Wiggy said; Yes I am. It is all fun and giggles until you or one of your loved ones, gets beat up to death, or until your kids get bullied because they look or talk different.

But yes, the dude was right, this is not the place, and this is definitely not the time for this, so I leave with my apology to You if I misunderstood the point you were trying to get across.

LimonAgrio wrote:

So, basically your post is... You want to play with white people? Giving you the ability to chose your region will not let you select the color, etnicity, nationality of the people you will be partying up with. What I propose for you instead, is to ask Treyarch to remove League Play, and create a minorities only playlist for the USA; that way, public matches,will be whites only, and the new Minority Playlist will have well all "people other than white".  You could even create a clan and call it 88 or something nice like that. If Treyarch decides not to do this, at least they should let you play with canadians, like you asked. Last time I went to Canada, there was nothing but white people there.  /#finishsarcasm

Now, what you can really do is report, players doing this, to Treyarch and Microsoft and hope for the best.

Disclaimer:

The opinions and views expressed in this post are those of a non-white person.

How you got Kyle is racist out of this response is beyond me.

Now I've had an opinion of Kyle before, but racist, no, don't think so.

LimonAgrio

splittinwigs wrote:

How you got Kyle is racist out of this response is beyond me.

Now I've had an opinion of Kyle before, but racist, no, don't think so.

As easy as his choice of words. Also I never said he was racist, but his post is racially charged, hence the reason for my sarcastic reply.

LimonAgrio wrote:

As easy as his choice of words.

Sounds like someone is a little hyper-sensitive and is looking to label someone or just plain ole trolling than actually attempting to make sense.

I live in Dallas and there are ghetto's here and I wouldn't choose to play against any of them either. To be honest, if bad connections are what giving people an edge, no thank you.

Not to mention there are lots of people who are very "mouthy" and tend to call someone name that they wouldn't want to be called. To be fair, there are people everywhere who do that, but him pointing out his choices does not make him a racist.

Mmm K?

LimonAgrio

splittinwigs wrote:

LimonAgrio wrote:

As easy as his choice of words.

Sounds like someone is a little hyper-sensitive and is looking to label someone or just plain ole trolling than actually attempting to make sense.

I live in Dallas and there are ghetto's here and I wouldn't choose to play against any of them either. To be honest, if bad connections are what giving people an edge, no thank you.

Not to mention there are lots of people who are very "mouthy" and tend to call someone name that they wouldn't want to be called. To be fair, there are people everywhere who do that, but him pointing out his choices does not make him a racist.

Mmm K?

Actually, you brought up the the word racist, not me. I guess my second post would go out for you as well. If you do not know the meaning of a word, the research it before using it. Trolling, no, labeling, no.

But then, lets do this. I am in Florida as well and no I do not live in a ghetto, or a trailer park,  but I do end up playing with a lot of crackers and peckerwoods, most of the people I end up playing with are from trailer parks, and I hate it,  I would like for treyarch to please let me choose which region to play with. I would like to play with people from Mexico and Puerto Rico. Or maybe with people from NYC. Hopefully my post is not offensive to anyone. Mmm K?

LimonAgrio wrote:

Actually, you brought up the the word racist, not me. I guess my second post would go out for you as well. If you do not know the meaning of a word, the research it before using it. Trolling, no, labeling, no.

But then, lets do this. I am in Florida as well and no I do not live in a ghetto, or a trailer park,  but I do end up playing with a lot of crackers and peckerwoods, most of the people I end up playing with are from trailer parks, and I hate it,  I would like for treyarch to please let me choose which region to play with. I would like to play with people from Mexico and Puerto Rico. Or maybe with people from NYC. Hopefully my post is not offensive to anyone. Mmm K?

LOL, how about you do a little research before you speak as well. I do believe I know a thing or two about trolling and labeling.

I have a black belt in both.

Oh wait, I said black, I must be racist.

My point was that your trolling in regards to implying racism in Kyle's post. Undeniably you did, otherwise this conversation wouldn't be happening.

Are we clear?

LimonAgrio

splittinwigs wrote:

Hyper-sensitive about it, yeah. Looking to label? No, You did that part, when you said I called him a racist , without me even mentioning that word.

trialstardragon

you may not have outright called him one but your reply smacked off it as plain as day. Just as plain as you claim that his post was racially charged or hateful.

So before you go about trying to judge someone else on how the speak or why best to think about your own words first and how they will be seen in return.

For if you took what he said as hateful or racialy charged then you must have a very thin skin and need to grow up a bit more and get a thicker skin. This forum is not about people having to speak in pc words all the time so accept that. Hist post was emotional charged but by no means racist or racially charged. he by no means said he did not want to play with african americans, or mexicans or any specific race.

He expressed his veiw and feelings about the people he had to deal with, there was nothing wrong in how or why he did so.

I am 40 years of age, been around lots of racists and bigots and many other types of people. And his post was nothing like any of them at all.

His post just expressed the fact that he does not like having to play with those who chose to speak in ways that degrade the human way of being. and those are in many cases from what is known as the ghetto in many cities.

That term is a simple cover term for anyone that acts like those he describe do. Does everyone living in such areas act that way? Not at all, but does he have to make that distinction within his post? Not at all. He does not have to make that clarification just to make people like you who are overly sensitive feel good again.

Do not come here and try to be the ethical or morality police of this place, that is not your place to do so. If there was anything wrong in what he said the moderators would take care of it, for it is their job and not yours.

I swear the quality of humanity and how thin skinned the human race has become is really appalling at times...

LimonAgrio

trialstardragon wrote:

you may not have outright called him one but your reply smacked off it as plain as day. Just as plain as you claim that his post was racially charged or hateful.

So before you go about trying to judge someone else on how the speak or why best to think about your own words first and how they will be seen in return.

Oh, so I have to think about my words, but the your friend doesn't? Convenient.

trialstardragon wrote:

For if you took what he said as hateful or racialy charged then you must have a very thin skin and need to grow up a bit more and get a thicker skin. This forum is not about people having to speak in pc words all the time so accept that. Hist post was emotional charged but by no means racist or racially charged. he by no means said he did not want to play with african americans, or mexicans or any specific race.

You are and the other dude with 20k post claim my post implied he was a racist, when I said it was racially charged. So cut the crap, the double standard and your biased replies and tell me that his only implied, he wanted to play with nice people. Yeah, right. By the way I am about your age, so don't think you are talking to a 13 year old.

trialstardragon wrote:

Do not come here and try to be the ethical or morality police of this place, that is not your place to do so. If there was anything wrong in what he said the moderators would take care of it, for it is their job and not yours.

I swear the quality of humanity and how thin skinned the human race has become is really appalling at times...

Now you tell me not to come here and be the ethical and moral police of this place because it is not my place to do so. Granted, It is not my place, no all ethics and morality aside, then who the **** are you to come and police my posts then? Is it the fact that you have 8k posts that gives you the right or knowing the fact that most likely moderators will side with you because of your post count.

Somewhere in your post, you claim you are 40 years of age and have been around a lot of racist people. Well, the other day I went to the Kennedy Space Center and was around a lot of astronauts, now that unfortunately does not count as going to the moon. It is not the same thing reading about racism in Wikipedia, than experiencing it. The go with all your ******* morality and tell people how thin their skinn is.

I understand that you thought I was writing with racist intentions, but this is not true. I am sorry if I upset you and I respect your opinion. My best friend is black BTW, but not "ghetto".

jessedart

I agree. I didnt see anything racist in the op's post and im not white. Certain area jyst produce certain mentality in ppl that i dont like.

And its not a race issue cos I see and hear ppl of all races acting in a certain usually in run down areas.

Have you thought of simply muting people that aren't nice?  It's really a simple fix on your end.

trialstardragon

About your problem kyle. Your only real option is to mute them using the mute all feature in the game when in the lobby. Or you can create a part and stay in party chat so you do not have to hear any of them at all for any reason. Or you can individually mute and report each person that proceeds to be an arse in how they talk to you and then leave it up to 3arc and xbl to deal with them, and aftewards mark them as avoid.

So you have a few choices and not really just the one I said at first but other than those I doubt 3arc will ever add in a feature like you want.

This does sound racist to me, and as a whole, we all stopped trying to be racist a while ago.  BUT now for your problem, if you get into a lobby with people you dont want to play with (squeakers, trash talkers, trolls), iwould suggest leaving that lobby and find a new one, thats an easy solution just keep searching for your "dream" lobby

pipebombman

You must live in west Jacksonville?

CODNoob12

I could really do without a thread that began as a plea for regional matchmaking options turning into a socio-economic cluster-f***. OP didn't come off as racist, though he was BLATANTLY accused of being such. Rather, he came off as someone who wanted to play online with people who have decent conversational manners.

Word to the wise for the OP - it's online gaming. If people in a COD lobby are throwing out racial epithets, I wouldn't worry. For if it wasn't that, it would be something else, such as...

- "You suck and so does your mom."

- "You couldn't get laid in a ravioli factory even if you were Chef Boyardee."

- "The only reason you finished high on the leaderboard is due to your opponents' lag."

- "If I were you, I'd ask Microsoft for my money back, since it's obvious you don't know how to use a controller."

Or you could listen in on adolescents bragging how they are allowed to stay up late on weekends.

Actually, if you ask me, I think racially-themed insults are more pleasant, if not humurous, than the above examples.

OP you may be being a little naive! I regularly hear a lot of racism from the "nice" people online. The internet isn't exactly a breeding ground for "nice" people, tis the nature of the beast. If theoretically you changed regions all you'll get is a different breed of retard and instead of hearing "white ****** " all the time all you'll be hearing is "black ****** " . Which one are you more comfortable with?