18 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2012 11:51 AM by natimusmaximus RSS

Was BO2 what you had expected or a disappointment?

Merlodinho10

• Re: Was BO2 what you had expected or a disappointment?
    trickster.

I personally am a little dissapointed as i wanted the game to be more like the original blops but instead it might aswell be called modern warfare 4,but saying that i still enjoy the game a little when the connection is not to bad

blb128

Mostly happy but with some lag issues here and there. Mostly when a bad host is chosen though. 90% of the replies here will be negative because thats what the forums are for nowadays.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

It's a total disappointment for me. All the hype and new features were for nothing when the core of the game is flawed with horrible lag.

Rednecksniper39

It was exactly what I expected: A disappointment. Still haven't bought it.

fatassasin72

About what I expected, bad sound, poor hit detection, lag and synch issues determine most firefights, and pretty mediocre to bad maps. That is what I have come to expect from Treyarch. I was hoping for something better but it didnt happen.

adw1983

Good:

-Pick 10

-Weapon selection

-Colors!

-Field of view (I don't know if it's increased from Blops1 or MW3, but I more often notice stuff that happens to my sides and can react than in MW3. Could be map design.)

-Maps are not actually mazes like in MW3: There is sense to the madness, not just random passageways / tunnels leading everywhere from everywhere.

Bad:

-Desynch that is not dependent on my connection to the hosts, which lasts for a full DAY before going away

-ALL the maps are medium or small in size, with clutter everywhere, like MW3.

-Snipers have almost no sway, making future long range maps rather unlikely because they will be snipe-fests.

-SMGs are too accurate on longer ranges, and have to be accurate because of the map design with headglitching cover everywhere -- meaning they only can have more sway if they ever are to be balanced.

-ALL my favorite rifles ingame are jokes: SMR (<<< FAL), SCAR-H (<<< AN94) and SVU (<<< FAL & XPR50)

Overall:

The game is a 7/10 at the moment, scoring high for innovation and the pick 10 system, losing points for the map design, weapon balance and desynch problems -- which has driven even Wiggy to madness.

I never thought I'd see the day when a CoD game had that bad networking problems.

Overall, I did not intend to buy this title because I love strict realism and strict fantasy, separately -- and scifi is not my cup of tea.

But I ended up buying it the first week because I wanted more weapons than just the Mk14 in MW3.

I had low expectations, and thus I was not disappointed.

I have raged, but I have also raped.

I have left the game for dead during lag, only to be reminded of how good the core of the game is the next morning when giving it a last chance.

They REALLY need to sort out the networking issues REALLY FAST.

When the game does not randomly distribute lag disadvantage, it will be the best CoD since CoD4.

The Pick 10 system is just as cool as I had hoped, but the HC modes are a letdown and the maps are a step back for Treyarch. The UAV spam is being dealt with so thats a plus.

bkblazer

I had high hopes but expected to be dissappointed. And it turned out to be true. I aint gonna ***** about the whole game but some aspects of it. I will continue to fight through the nonsense and adapt. I know its supposed to be fun and enjoyable but I've been putting in work for a while now.

mcdonamw

Merlodinho10 wrote:

So far it has been a BIG disappointment.

Outside of the lag/comp issues, which I won't even get into.. the maps themselves are just terrible.  Where are the maps of BO old, ala Jungle?!  These maps wreak of MW3 design.  Super campy, and like a maze with 5 million points of entry so you get shot from behind all the time.  Not to mention the fact that there are invisible barriers all over the place so you can't climb onto anything.  What sense does it make to stop me from climbing onto an object 2 feet tall in front of me yet I can jump up and climb into a window when I shouldn't even be able to jump that high?!

I mean seriously.

DerekFrost

Compared to the hype that Treyarch notoriously loves to give to their COD titles I have to say it was far from matched. Just like Black Ops (which I knew wasn't going to live up to the hype) it failed to meet the expections I had been given. I do enjoy both games but honestly Treyarch needs to reel that **** in next title. I remember how big MW3's pre-launch ads were but they had more details tbh, Treyarch kind of leaves us guessing until we're "in the ****" so to speak. But all of that is fine and dandy seeing as how I'm not buying anymore COD titles until after launch anymore so I can see what the fools who wasted there money say about it first.

-tiny rant over

natimusmaximus

I've been enjoying it. Of course I have a few WTF? momments, but for the most part hell yeah.

kustom shoota

Pretty much this question gets answered by everyone like this.

KD up from previous CODs = i like it

KD down from previous CODs = this game is bad/doesn't work

You petty dorks are pretty obvious

TigerGenetics1

I wouldn't say it's great but far from a disappointment. I just don't like the severe lack of HC modes and Core in general just sucks royally. I haven't experienced the lag so I'm fine with that aspect and I just feel a few tweaks should be made here and there and I will be much more pleased.