25 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2012 11:17 AM by SidneyDavington RSS

No Mic No REVIVE...

SidneyDavington

SO when I play Zombies in general From world At war to BO2 I Play No mic No revieve... Is this A  bad rule of thumb.. Meanin g if i dont know where u are how can i pick u up.... EVERYONE gets one.. kinda Like the Amazing Spiderman on familyguy.....

• Re: No Mic No REVIVE...
    Cheesegrater28

I always try to pick everyone up if I can. And, yes it has gotten me killed plenty of times, but I think working as a team is what makes the public match fun. Even if the other players aren't working together, or just aren't that good, I still always try to stay with the group and help everyone out. To me, that's more fun and challenging. It gets boring in the later rounds if im playing by myself and just training. Not to mention that people will start dropping out and you might lose the host. Id rather carry a bad team into the 20s then try to get to the high rounds solo.

Well in bigger maps like Tranzit you might have right to do so, only if you aresure he might be far away.

But in simple maps or shorter maps and you might have the idea where he might be and you act like I don't care, then expect that he might leave you to down on purpose.

SidneyDavington

Well i dont do It on purpose I am top 998 on revives In the leasderboards, but I think we have All suffered through a few Underage kids and Newbies to understand the jest... I was scolded by a group Of leaderboard peers on Tranzit for not using teleports on Mid to upper twenties for not throwing myself Out there to get people... So I wanted the com. feedback

Mdog1

Personally I revive everybody one time, and after that I don't revive you agan mic, or no mic. I made an exception when I wanted the QR, but no more. I don't care if it's round one with a crawler I won't revive you if I already have... I'm not a bad teammate, but i'm not going to go out of my way to revive an idiot, and by out of my way I mean standing right next to me and you go down.

SidneyDavington

See Yeah im not So hardcore.. I mean after a 1,000 revieves whats another, but again those people who "BLOCK" passages or Pruposlly Down the helper witha blocking Move is why I created this... i blame TROLLERS, but I cant complain too Much i do the same.... thats whY i came Up with the AMAZING SPIDERMAN Rule... i was Playing zombies watching family guy when peter and the guys were iN danger and Spiderman saved them.. Peter was like thanks spidey, and his response was... EVERYONE gets One.... the Mic thing is just to promote cummunication No Mic No talikng, not good for team work

Glad you ain't on my friends list then. Poor attitude to have.

Mdog1

Maybe so, but I don't go down, so why should I help people who go down multiple times... I straight up tell people i'm going to revive them one time, and one time only, and I tell everyone not to revive me if I do happen to go down before they do (lol).

It's not fair to someone like me who averages about 1.3 downs per game to feel compelled to revive someone who averages 3 or 4 per game isn't it? I don't care about the leaderboards because I play solo anyways. Why bring myself down with teammates that have no idea what they're doing, and then round 20 takes an hour because it has 4x the zombies for me to kill all alone.

Mdog1 wrote:

I'm not a bad teammate, but i'm not going to go out of my way to revive an idiot, and by out of my way I mean standing right next to me and you go down.

Actually, this by definition makes you a horrible teammate.

Cheesegrater28

The original post was about the no mic no revive rule which I think is a bad one. There are always gonna be situations where you can't reach people, or it's not safe enough, or because they might've doing something annoying on purpose so I'd rather not pick them up, but not having a mic should never be the reason. And as far as mdogs statement, everyone is entitled to play how thy want, but ifi go down and someone has the chance to pick me up and doesn't, then I'd probably just back out of the game instead of constantly having to worry about resupplying myself. And if I'm host or other quitting players are host, then it ends the game. So it's always best to grab people if you can.

hawkseye17

Im coming. revivng...................... done

SidneyDavington

Again I use the No Mic no revieve to get prople to turn there mics On trust me it works like 8/10 times.. i agree but with Mr.Josh and the others But there is a time and land for Not getting people does Anyone have  oppinon On the boosters who cheat on leader boards ith revies or if Someones AFk does that mean i should revive eaither the No mic no revieve is jsut a dicussion on revives

It does not work 8/10 times, because some people just DON'T own a mic! Also, if you go into a Live match on tranzit or survival, and play you're rule of "No mic, no revive" and someone goes down and you choose not to revive them, then, if they leave the game, you're round score will NOT save!!! So, you waste your time on a game that is pointless, and all because you are an unsporting player!

So, it pays to play the game properly. Fair enough, sometimes it's not enough just getting the poor players up, as they can still leave, but it helps! I am of the belief that everyone deserves a chance, but I NEVER play Live matches on Tranzit unless everyone has a mic and speaks.

thats a terrible rule, say your mic broke and you go down and there is a person next to you who could easily get you up but follows he rule 'no mic no revive' how would you feel after losing all your perks and guns?

SidneyDavington

I see your point, but....why should I help jo blow post a high level lobby leadeboard if were carrying him with 20 downs what Im askIng at this point is is there a personal limit, would u stop at 30 down or 40? and agaiN i dont run into that problem even when I have My Mic off.. theres tombstone.. shouldnt loose your guns or perks if u play right.....I Play Properly but this is a touch subject for some playes and a person with a lobby leaderboard IN revieves and kills And solo level I have to say i lost More games by going out of my way for pick ups then i have posted to the leaderboards, and In a game Of four If one quits its understandable.. Im Not saying heyim not getting anyone up after one, but when is it too much???

i dont exactly have a limit as the more of a team player you are 1) you are more likely to get revived if you go down and 2) you dont lose points countless times, i wouldnt go out of my way to get someone up on tranzit who goes off on there own thinking they are the best zombie player in the world but if we all say we are going to different areas and im near a teleporter then id try so i guess that its all about that individual game to whether id revive someone