19 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2012 4:19 PM by Fix_this_game RSS

How to counter campers?

Camping is the most annoying thing in the game over lag, head glitching etc so how does everyone tackle this or what do you think Treyarch could do to prevent this? As their aim was to cut down on camping with the new improved ghost perk, I play search alot so it's not just a case of going back and killing them although if someone is sat in a corner in a big building you can usually kill them but what about the smaller building or the small corners that people are less likely to watch? I think Treyarch should add a 30 second timer and if someone stays in 1 place for more than 30 seconds kicks them from the game and they are unable to join back.

What do you guys think?

• Re: How to counter campers?

I think stealth camping is a thing of the past because a simple UAV will show up every enemy team member on your HUD who is stationary even for a second.

You can't reload or go prone undetected, never mind sit in a corner.

So while camping per se is still there, every camper is now highlighted on the enemy HUD.

I agree that campers are annoying but it doesn't bother me too much because they've essentially paid £40/$60 to stand in the same spot. To make it worse on them I think once you find a camper you should just leave them alone and enjoy the rest of the map, they will soon stop camping when they find they're all on their lonesome all the time.

I don't think it's possible to completely get rid of campers, from a development point of view, as they'd have to get rid of corners, buildings, scenery etc. What we can do as a community is leave the camper once we've found them so it spoils their game experience and not other people's. It makes me feel better too when I see they finish bottom of the leaderboard or they leave the game because they've had a rubbish time stood on their own.

CowboySr

I cant not believe people still find a way to complain about camping. This has got to be a joke. UAVs are constantly up. Red dots are all over the mini map. If you cant kill a guy thats not moving then you should go play family game night cause theyve made this game so easy a 5 yr old can figure it out. Quite honestly this game is nothing like war anymore, its pacman meets connect the dots, just running around to the UAVs.   

Im gonna assume that you were joking making this thread.

rankismet

Asfixiator wrote:

Camping is the most annoying thing in the game over lag, head glitching etc so how does everyone tackle this or what do you think Treyarch could do to prevent this? As their aim was to cut down on camping with the new improved ghost perk, I play search alot so it's not just a case of going back and killing them although if someone is sat in a corner in a big building you can usually kill them but what about the smaller building or the small corners that people are less likely to watch? I think Treyarch should add a 30 second timer and if someone stays in 1 place for more than 30 seconds kicks them from the game and they are unable to join back.

What do you guys think?

You mean making Ghost useless wasn't enough?

You mean getting a sight that paints targets in a red box wasn't enough?

You mean getting a sight that sees through walls wasn't enough?

You mean UAV spam that makes MW3 seem tame wasn't enough?

Good freaking grief.

jayplz

the uav is fine the thing is this game gave the campers such a rediculous set of weapons. ever notice how theres a bouncing betty on almost every corner. they also seem to place a shock charge at the door on the building where they are camping fallowed by a bouncing betty. sure you can counter all of these by using black hat and engineer but thats wasting a perk and equipment only to combat the campers. nvm that everyone else just seems to headglitch this game was made for camping i mean corner upon corner and bunch of buildings duhh camping is all you are going to get

So to summarize, you want everyone zerging around with an SMG/Sgun because you can’t counter their play style?

I never used to camp, but the 40 round clip target finding zergers forced me into just 2 classes. I either FAL from a distance out of small holes or play sgun inside the enemy spawn.

The SMG sprint gets old. Shooting down on them counters them.

The best counter to camping I have seen is C4, you can throw it from one side of the map to the other and it has what feels like a 20 foot kill radius

This has got to be a joke YOU'RE still complaining about camping really dude, people like you and your daddy vahn have ruined this game. I like to be able to run and camp both depending on the current situation, but that can't happen more. This game has turned into pacman on steroids and way too noob/scrub friendly. They really need to eveluate the situation. While people will argue and say ghost will slow the game down this is completely untrue and still-minded. The fact is that more games end now by the time limit instead of the score limit and this has never happened in any other cod. Also let's not forget that this game has by far the smallest maps on average so reaching the score limits should not be an issue.

If all you do is run around the map without taking cover then good for you. Some of us know the maps well and know where the good ambush points are. Adjust your style to the maps and by how your team is doing. I play hardcore and if you don't take cover you'll get sniped by a pistol across the map. I embrace all styles of play and if you don't expand and adapt then you will always be crying over everything. I'm mad that my game of cod doesn't make me a sandwich, why can't cod give me a back rub? Why can't I just fire my weapon in the air and my bullets hunt down the enemy?

There hasn't been a single spot in any CoD game I've played that you couldn't get a camper out of if you tried.

Some suggestions:

Take a different route,

Throw grenades,

Throw C4,

Bringe some teammates,

Play a different part of the map,

Put on a different spec, etc.

There are tons of options.

In short:   Stop complaining, adapt, improvise, overcome.