43 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2012 6:19 PM by Izjar11 RSS

No way back  > Two questions

Izjar11

COD,

I have two questions for this forum. Try to answer these questions without mentioning the connectivity issues if you cannot detach your experience to latency / matchmaking / spawn then please omit from responding.

1. Do you think too many believed this game was going to play on the same level as previous titles, meaning,  how you played before was going to result in the same results in BO2?
  2. Do you think this game is easy or difficult, please elaborate (not a wall text) with us.

My answers:

1- Yes, I think many confuse themselves into believing that they will have the same exact experience and get frustrated.

2- I find it difficult, maps are not easy, game play is frenetic, nothing is really over powering, game is very balanced one cannot over power someone else easily (this takes time and effort).

Note: Try to restraing yourself, this is not a complaint thread.

• Re: No way back  > Two questions
    Aecetym

1) This was the first COD title that actually worked for me on the MP, flank ways, some cover, I shoot they die and vice versa, ... After the patch it became unplayable for me and now the game is broken to unfixable.

2) It's simple and could be fun if they kept it as before the patch. Now it's just BS cause if u flank u die, if u shoot a full mag at someone u die, if u camp u die, ...

Izjar11

Aecetym wrote:

1) This was the first COD title that actually worked for me on the MP, flank ways, some cover, I shoot they die and vice versa, ... After the patch it became unplayable for me and now the game is broken to unfixable.

2) It's simple and could be fun if they kept it as before the patch. Now it's just BS cause if u flank u die, if u shoot a full mag at someone u die, if u camp u die, ...

Thanks for keeping your response to the point. On your first response, sounds like you've already bashed the MP, have patience its not broken (unless you threw your system).

Im not sure how to respond to this, but dying is part of the game. I die, I kill, my issue is (you might share it) I can't seem to keep people away! They appear like flies on a picnic table.

Aecetym

I've given it a shot and again I knew the MP would be absolut cr*p, but first having a good enjoyable game just to make it unplayable after a week is just a cruel joke.

I bought the game for zombies but it seems they only fixed the freezing on the MP and left the zombie fans in the cold again. Anyway back to BF3

why dont you just pose these questions to all the laggers that are enjoying the game, omit everyone else and thats a vast majority, only the laggers can answer these questions, how can we that are being handicapped by this game answer this.

Izjar11

HOSTING-POS wrote:

why dont you just pose these questions to all the laggers that are enjoying the game, omit everyone else and thats a vast majority, only the laggers can answer these questions, how can we that are being handicapped by this game answer this.

Dude I asked politely if you cannot answer because of your issues with connection to omit from doing so, not everyone has the same issues.

TRU11

1 being it a new version i expected it to get better and not worse.

used to be only screwed if i was the host but now im screwed when im not the host and as soon the host leaves i become the host lol.

2 This game is simple because :

* aim assist is ridiculous

* quick scoping has gotten to easy

* smg are powerfull

* lack of recoil makes firing auto the way to go

* no sway when aiming down the sight no matter what weapon.

* hit detection + lagg seems to create bullets that go to concrete walls lol

* spawn killing seems easy

actually this game is only hard if you are on the bad side of the lagg.

to bad i seem to be on the side roughly 95% of the time

spankhiccup

Sorry origanl post this is off topic:

Have you guys tried changing your DNS settings on your ps3. i was getting awful games. I changed my dns settings to googles settings and the game now plays alot better. Really it does

Primary DNS 8.8.8.8

Secondary DNS 8.8.4.4

give it a whirl

Highwayman0226

This is for PS3?  I'll try anything at this point! lol.

1.  I expected this game to play pretty much like MW3, lots of run and gunners and few campers.  I always prefered a slower playstyle over running like a maniac.  I can be successful in this game going slower.

2.  Detaching myself from the lag issues (most games I'm a second behind) I've found the game a little easier myself.  I enjoy the maps.  There are more open areas than MW3 had.  It seems though, when I have good games, the OTHER guy seems to be suffering from lag.  They are firing away and can't hit me, or just don't shoot. 

Izjar11

Thanks for your post highwayman i'd like to address what you wrote hopefully you reply:

I expected this game to play pretty much like MW3, lots of run and gunners and few campers.  I always prefered a slower playstyle over running like a maniac.  I can be successful in this game going slower.

Really? Like MW3? That is interesting, I never expected this game to do that, and yet it has. This game is as I quoted "frenetic" but guess what I felt the same way during MW3 at first.

2.  Detaching myself from the lag issues (most games I'm a second behind) I've found the game a little easier myself.  I enjoy the maps.  There are more open areas than MW3 had.  It seems though, when I have good games, the OTHER guy seems to be suffering from lag.  They are firing away and can't hit me, or just don't shoot.

I know its hard to detach the experience to this, but you find the game easier. I find it difficult. What do you find easy?

Highwayman0226

Just reading up on the game before launch, bringing back lightweight, keeping extreme conditioning, neutering ghost...and the dot chasing mentality of the MW3 community, I expected a rusher heavy game.  I honestly wanted to see the "decoy" from BO1 put back in here.  That would make things interesting for the dot chasers. 

I didn't start playing CoD until BO.  I really liked the maps.  Open areas, useful windows.  MW3 I had a very hard time even manuveuring the maps (I had sever lag issues there too, so that might come into play).  I'd get stuck on barrels, crates, stuff you can't see without looking down.  The game is very balanced imo.  There are no "must have" perks, guns, attachments (other than a suppressor, again, just my opinion...you can't fire a gun without the whole other team collapsing on you).  No guns seem way stronger than others.  Seriously, sort out the lag, and I'd be loving this game. 

Edit:  I found this game way less overwhelming to start than I did MW3.  I played a slower pace in BO, creep around the map, being cautious, little bit of camping (first fps ever!) so MW3 was crazy for me.  This game benefits the cautious imo.

Nugatu

It plays different. I expected that since I experience same ting going from BO to MW3. First 2 days I tough MW3 is a miss but with time I come to like it more then BO.

Starting BO2 with that mentality the transition was easier then before.

I only start playing Call of Duty games with BO.

I think its easier because I got experience from MW3, 500+ hours, and it is slower then MW3.

Maps are not bad, but I can't run and gun like MW3.

Overall yes, I think is easier then BO and MW3.

Izjar11

I think its easier because I got experience from MW3, 500+ hours, and it is slower then MW3.

Maybe the transition as you say was easier from MW3 to BO2 that I will agree, I had to get use to MW3 from BO. But something else is just different from this game, its like every moment you can get shot! There is no real safety net. Thats why I do not think its easier than Mw3.

Thanks for posting nugatu,  very insightful.

TRU11

i can tell you right now what is different with this game.

those who played COD for a long time  have develop certain habbits for playing so many years.

with snipers we where used to having sway and recoil and after every 1 or 2 shots we had to adjust.

now im still adjusting by having developed this habit while others just seem to adjust easily and just fire a sniper with out recoil or sway at all lol.

Same with autofire weapons.

i used  to tap the AK for accuracy purposes and im still doing the same with all weapons in this game.

Its a bad habit cause every time i die and i see the replay i see people just firing away without the corsshair even moving lol.

Some of us need to adjust to no recoil and no sway and the lagg isent helping it either lol

avengedyesterday

1. This game is on the same level if not better than previous COD's

2. It's just a shame I can't play it. Well i can play it but there is no enjoyment in lagging behind everyone almost every game ( have had 0 issues with it in every single other COD ). Or if i was lagging It was some time manageable depending on the skill of the enemy but due to the wonder skillbased matchmaking any lag what so ever = a loss. It's like stepping into a boxing match with both hands tied behind your back.

melrose

1. Ive been at a 2.5 k/d or higher on the MW titles and on the first BO around 1.8 so I planned on being around the same level which I am. Its an adjustment from MW3 but its ok.

2. I dont find the game difficult I just find it hard to string together kills. It seems as soon as I kill a person someone is right behind me to kill me. Ive never felt so unsafe in a game lol. The spawn points are not very good either. Its either here or there no in between and the maps arent great either. I actually enjoy MW3 much better. More realistic as far as the guns... Like the guy posted there is no sway on any of the guns none what so ever....

sstang1

You CANNOT answer those two questions without addressing the current match making system problems and lag.

Since every aspect of the game is affected by them.

Its a fact your success or failure in an FPS is determined by connections.

ghamorra

I knew as soon as I saw the severity of camping complaints on the MW3 forum that this game wasn't going to follow the same scheme. This disappointed me as it's not that camping is wrong, it's just a matter of how many camp to how many rush. The scale is massively tipped here so the rushers voices carry more weight

I think this game is very difficult. I say this because there was a compound effect with these complaints. Campers slowed the game down in general, but not only did Trey attempt to slow the game down, but they also removed the ability of camping. Had Trey done one of the two I think it would have been easier to adjust

Highwayman0226

I agree with you on camping, it's in no way a wrong way to play.  Most of the forum users are rushers and dispise the camper that stopped them short of their next killstreak. 

How do you feel Treyarch has attempted to slow gameplay?  Just the maps in general?

ghamorra

The maps are a big one, the lack of an effective form of Ghost (you have to move like 10 square feet per second or it's effects go away), the spamming of UAVs, and nerfing of points from kills and buffs on objective captures

While some of these are good on paper and might overall improve the quality of the gaming experience, having it throw at the "slow" player at one time is overwhelming and can be difficult to adjust too

Highwayman0226

I think the changes to ghost are part of the UAV spam.  Added in with the difficulty of gaining higher killstreaks.  It's hard to chain kills is this game. If the higher end stuff was easier to get to, less people would run UAV.  If ghost worked "right" less people would run UAV.  Less UAV, would make higher end killstreaks easier to gain.  By gimping ghost, they created a domino effect.

Izjar11

Changes to ghost are direct result of complaints, why they decide to put the UAV up front is a good question. Why?

To force errors, to force people to quit, to force what?

I like that its not easy to earn some of the more powerful scorestreaks but as G' has written before a direct counter vs the UAV was and is needed and the counter UAV is a few levels up.

Izjar11

I knew as soon as I saw the severity of camping complaints on the MW3 forum that this game wasn't going to follow the same scheme. This disappointed me as it's not that camping is wrong, it's just a matter of how many camp to how many rush. The scale is massively tipped here so the rushers voices carry more weight

Yup, this game is meant to force almost everyone to move, they have as I written before "Disenfranchised the idea to play defensively.

I think this game is very difficult. I say this because there was a compound effect with these complaints. Campers slowed the game down in general, but not only did Trey attempt to slow the game down, but they also removed the ability of camping. Had Trey done one of the two I think it would have been easier to adjust

I find it difficult as well, everytime I kill I need to be prepared immediatly to find the next person its a "in your face" all the time game. Thanks for posting G' much appreciated.

h1r0l3r

There is a difference in gameplay from BO/MW. I did quite well (later on anyways) in MW3 as I got the hang of the gameplay/weapons/maps/etc. On BLOPS 2, it's similar to BLOPS in terms of gameplay however I'm still not quite accustomed to playing this COD as opposed to MW.

The general priniciple is the same so I don't believe this to be any easier/harder then previous COD's. Though it does seem that the MW series is a lot "easier" to play then the BLOPS series. Can't quite put my finger on it but it's just easier to play/do well in MW games then it is in BLOPS. From BLOPS/MW3/BLOPS2, all my stats are essentially the same so I'm pretty consistent if nothing else. Though I am having a little harder time playing BLOPS 2 then with any other COD I've played.

vince217

Do you think too many believed this game was going to play on the same level as previous titles, meaning,  how you played before was going to result in the same results in BO2?

plays on the same level.

Do you think this game is easy or difficult, please elaborate (not a wall text) with us

It is as easy or as difficult as you want it to be.  for example... i think lmg have a big disadvantage in this game compared to others.  but i like using and leveling them up.  so i use them... and that has made the game more difficult for me. 

fwiw, i think the pick 10 system is brilliant, it really makes you think about the loadouts for each game type and map.  for once, i think 5 custom classes is not enough.

Izjar11

It is as easy or as difficult as you want it to be.  for example... i think lmg have a big disadvantage in this game compared to others.  but i like using and leveling them up.  so i use them... and that has made the game more difficult for me.

fwiw, i think the pick 10 system is brilliant, it really makes you think about the loadouts for each game type and map.  for once, i think 5 custom classes is not enough.

Good response man, I like that it is as you want it to be, which is mostly true. The pick ten is brilliant.

Work_Hard_Play_Hard

My expectations were probably a slightly slower game probably more in line with BO1, also  I think the size of the maps are about right to my thinking.  What I wasn't expecting was how hectic the game can be, especially on smaller maps, some games I don't know whether I'm coming or going.

However like any new game it is about learning and adapting to the maps and the playstyles, I have found I am now starting to find my feet now, especially on TDM (my preferred mode).  KC and Hardpoint just seem pretty hard modes to keep up with at mo (especially if playing the objective).

1.       The game has ‘Call Of Duty’ written on the box, so I think people have the understandable expectation that it will resemble the previous COD titles they’ve played, and they’re therefore the bench mark, whether the devs like it or not. I’m sure they would prefer free reign. Many people are educated enough to know that the games we buy each year are infact produced by different developers however, even if they’re all distributed by the same company and generally only vary a little. Although they clearly try to avoid adopting only the very best new additions introduced by the other company! If people wanted something different then they would not buy COD, they would buy Battle Field or Medal of Honor etc, and they do, and are it would seem, more and more. None of us however are so naive that we think it will be identical each year, we do expect the devs to listen to our feedback when they ask us what we want and do their best to give the majority, the hard core fans what they want, to a point, without moving away from the core basics that make a COD game, well, COD! Generally I feel they should concentrate more on what they can add each year, instead of dedicating so much time and effort to stripping stuff out! You'll never please everyone, and for all those people that originally moaned about ghost for example; because it wasn't a perk they wanted to use, there were as many people that were happy with it the way it was, and guess what, now they're the ones moaning. They should've added something to appease those moaning about the way it originally was, not screwed those that liked it the way it was. The moaners will always find something to moan about until everything in the game is balanced in their favour, and plays towards their strengths and their chosen style of play only!

2.       This game is considerably harder to play, and achieve consistent results. It is far more erratic. I do not believe it is as skilled based and most kills are (for the most part, considerably more than previous COD’s) the direct result of luck, or occurrences within the game that are out of the players direct control.(Spawning etc.) It is far harder to play intelligently or tactically, and outsmart your opponents! You’re forced to keep moving constantly, checking your back, changing direction, and reacting quickly spraying quickly in the general direction that your opponent has just appeared and (DEPENDANT ON CONNECTION!) hoping for the best! This is why the SMG’s are so popular. I use them and do well enough with them, but I have never normally used them in previous titles. Infact I do not play anything like I have previously played across all old COD titles. My performance across the previous titles has grown steadily each year. This title has thrown it on its head completely and I have had to adapt and change my style completely, just to achieve the average scores I see every other players achieve. I no longer dominate every game I play like I used to. Treyarch have set out to level the playing field for everyone, and they have done just that, now everyone is an average player. Worse players seem to have improved dramatically and the best players are now a lot worse and we’re all just average. In my opinion we no longer have the freedom to independently play to our individual strengths or playing styles, and if we're any good achieve good results, because every perk, attachment or equipment seems to out way multiple other alternate options creating a wash. Their is now this huge overlay where nothing can be adopted in a dominating fashion because chances are multiple other opponents are effectively cancelling you out. I'm not suggesting any of the options should dominate, but you should be able to dominate if you can use them well.

Simply, right now, connection is king, the winner is the person lagging the least!

The rushers don't care about their stats, they GENERALLY perform very averagely and they enjoy the freedom, and relaxed enjoyment that brings. The better players get, and the more they achieve good results the more they calm down and play more strategically/intelligently, and the more they care about their stats. In an attempt to remove camping, they have created a game which caters ONLY to rushing, and nothing in between, which has as a result created even more camping because players are so scared and intimidated by the erratic game play they have no alternative but to hide!

Thanks! I enjoyed that!!! P.S... 'Warning! Wall of text!' ;)

Izjar11

You'll never please everyone, and for all those people that originally moaned about ghost for example; because it wasn't a perk they wanted to use, there were as many people that were happy with it the way it was, and guess what, now they're the ones moaning.

Yes, and yet they tried to please many more and look at the results, more unhappy players! It will never end.

most kills are (for the most part, considerably more than previous COD’s) the direct result of luck, or occurrences within the game that are out of the players direct control.

Good point, I feel the same, it feels that every kill there was a luck factor instead of actual goal factor!

In an attempt to remove camping, they have created a game which caters ONLY to rushing, and nothing in between, which has as a result created even more camping because players are so scared and intimidated by the erratic game play they have no alternative but to hide!

Yes, they have created a frenetic, shooter with a no holds barred mentality, and its funny this is condusive to more defensive play. An almost vicious cycle of sorts.

thanks for your very lengthy reply, much appreciated.

WolfRidge

1: Yes I do believe players expected more of the same, players don't like changes, try to adapt!

2:It's a really difficult question without mentioning Connections/Latency etc:

For example if I'm on the good side (L*G) then it's easy and enjoyable.

If I'm on the bad side then it's very difficult.

The dilemma is that I do not know my true position, when we dominate a team, is it because we are good players or because the other team has an issue? ( and visa versa)

This game has big potential, personally I find the maps a little boring, the gameplay lacks flow.

If the Developer can resolve the issues it will be fine, another COD classic, if not I'll give it six months and the community will drop it like a Hot Potato.

sennalike

1.  Yes.  Every year people think it's just going to be a re-hash of the previous version.  Treyarch even said though that BO2 was "re-writing" the rules.  Some people just don't get it though.

2.  The game itself for me is so much easier than previous CoD because once I learnt the maps and got used to the weapons, it suits my preferred style of play.  I find it more strategic than most people do.  R&G and you die a lot, camp and you die a lot (not as much as R&G), but play a mixture of the two and you find yourself doing well.  Learning to adapt to a new style though is why a lot of people are struggling with the game.

To put all that in context, I only play domination so people playing other game modes may not agree, which is fine.

Izjar11

Thanks for responding Senna, your answers are much appreciated like everyone else's.

Some people just don't get it though.

You know I can't understand if its the new players or the veterans who do not seem to understand that each game is different, yet they carry the same name.

but play a mixture of the two and you find yourself doing well.  Learning to adapt to a new style though is why a lot of people are struggling with the game.

I play very similarly to what your write, but I play TDM and without a party I find myself struggling to get a good "groove" going. I kill, and almost immediatly afterwards I am being shot, or persecuted by someone enemy! Its fun, avoiding death and all but there comes a point where I say, WTH.

If you play TDM, add me up egotrip7809 wouldn't mind putting our talents to work vs others!