48 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2012 5:03 PM by BradVader RSS

Target Finder - Who Uses It ?

wrecku

Serioulsy is it the 12 yrs olds that are using it. Who are those people laying in dark corners with Target Finders. I swear that I can tell what I was killed with before seeing the kill cam. My question is why are you using it and are you not embarassed for using it. Not saying its overpowered and shouldn't be in the game but what does it say about you for using it. My guess is it's the kids that shouldn't even be on the game.

Just as a side note I'll bet parents all over the world are thanking Treyarch for the latest babysitting tool.

• Re: Target Finder - Who Uses It ?

i use it, not often but still use it. I use it mostly on LMGs though and on people hiding behind cover with only their tiny head sticking out etc. There's no need for it in CQC, Best used in support classes etc

And no I'm not 12

MrZombieClowns

I feel the target finder is similar to a long range heartbeat sensor. I feel that its cool for the campaign but not for multiplayer. Mainly that its overused in multiplayer.

I believe we may see less and less of the target finder as people discover better options for their class.

Nugatu

I use it on FAL. It is a good tool to find corner campers. You can use cold blood perk, I think that is the name, and the target finder won't find you. It is a beast in S&D.

Highwayman0226

It's like the marksman perk in MW3.  It allows you to see targets far off (great for those longshot medals) so long as they aren't using cold blooded.  People that prefer mid/long range combat over cqc use this (dunno if they are all 12 years old or not).  I don't really see a reason to be embarrassed by your choice of attachment on your weapon.  If you feel it kills you too much, run cold blooded...simple.

Izjar11

Serioulsy is it the 12 yrs olds that are using it. Who are those people laying in dark corners with Target Finders. I swear that I can tell what I was killed with before seeing the kill cam. My question is why are you using it and are you not embarassed for using it. Not saying its overpowered and shouldn't be in the game but what does it say about you for using it. My guess is it's the kids that shouldn't even be on the game.

Just as a side note I'll bet parents all over the world are thanking Treyarch for the latest babysitting tool.

The amount of ignorance sometimes in these forums tells me how much this game has grown and confused so many. Claiming that a certain age group use a particular attachment is right up there with "campers are ruining my game".

Why is that you take out of the game nonsense and attach an even worse excuse!

I've had back and forth's with you before wrecku, and you still impress me with your comical threads.

wrecku

"I've had back and forth's with you before wrecku, and you still impress me with your comical threads. "

Really, have we ?? I don't who you are but you must be somebody if you have almost 3,000 posts in a year. Wow! Do you really have that much to say. You should do well when you get to high school in a few years.

featherman84

I use it sometimes, and no I'm not embarrassed about using it, it's in the game so everyone may use it as much as they like.

It is not my favorite sight, I got the feeling it slows me down to much and got the feeling it takes the damage your gun does slightly down("This is my feeling this doesn't have to be true") so I prefer the "good'ol" red dot sight.

Hamster_Botherer

I use it no matter what gun I have on.  I like the crosshairs and I mainly use it for spotting snipers at long range and getting my own back I'm more of a rusher, so I spend most of my time getting kills in close quarters where the scope is pretty useless tbh.

stonculd

I like it. It's like the marksman perk but an attachment. I don't camp at all but when coming into an open area it's good for scanning for campers and snipers. Plus I am playing on a 36" Sony wega crt tv so I don't have the greatest picture and it helps me see people I wouldn't see due to my crappy tv. Learn to adapt it's a new game are people not suppose to use everything in the game because you don't like it? Maybe you should join mlg they have a bunch of rules about what you can and cannot use.

rlbl

Do I need to even answer to this? lol well here goes!

Maybe I am a 12 year old lying in a dark corner...

Or..

Maybe... just maybe:

I am a 42 year old man who has had double cornea transplants, and is now technically blind and needing prosthetics to see anything at all, who has a hard time seeing finer details in the game because people blend into the scenery.  Maybe when I am not running and gunning, the target finger helps me see things when I am defending targets.

*sigh*

The target finder, like anything else in the game, yes... can be abused; but seriously it is just a game. The only way people will find nothing to complain about is when they are not playing it at all.  I can guarantee that the people who are lying in dark corners would still be there... target finder or not.

And for the record, my mom does not mind me playing this grown up game.

Part of this post is humor, part is serious... take your pick on which part is which.  But honestly, painting everyone with the same brush is about as mature as the people who you say are using said equipment

* who put that soapbox there?

Work_Hard_Play_Hard

I love the target finder on my LMG, campers, runners & flankers you had better shoot fast cause when ur in my sights I'll rip you apart, lol.

Oh and thanks for calling me a kid, long time since I've been called that.

Cheers

Clxmj

I use it for XP and to level up my weapon so stop crying like a little child - you dont like it, play a different game.

pkkveel

used it for a while when I first unlocked it but went back to red dot. Found the field of view too narrow for most maps. Also after a bit I  found the red squares jumping all over the place more distracting than helpful. Granted I didn't lay on the ground watching a corner on standoff waiting for someone to run by.

Oh and I have tee shirts 12 years old so I do not fit the "typical" user group as mentioned by the OP

I think that most attachments will be over used in the first couple of months while people unlock and try out the various new items incorporated into this game.

Don't sweat the small stuff dude life's too short!

Tried it on my LSAT for a game... took up too much screen. Iron sights FTW.

jtvcptsniper

i use it big woop you wanna fight about it

bas_09

I have found a another sight I prefer to use when people are hiding in dark corners or hiding behind walls or just people who "camp" and that is the MMS, have found it to be very usefull

Edit: And I have no shame in useing it

h1r0l3r

Not really a big fan of using optics period. BUT, seems like everytime I get killed by someone using the Target Finder, they're camping and/or head glitching. Personally, IDGAF, as most people feel the same way about the target finder as they did with the HBS in MW3. Some may see it as noobish, others may not. The only optic I'll use is the RDS/Reflex as it doesn't obstruct too much of my peripheral view. I tried using the target finder but it just wasn't for me. I'll stick with iron sights.

SHAKExxNxxBAKE

I use it...sue me :)

sennalike

I use it.  It's in the game.

Its treyarchs attempt at making the game easier for beginners by giving them an option to have the game played for you. Don't bother arguin with me, a target finder takes skill completely out of the game.

I use it with the automatic FAL and it works for me.

Gun nazi's go boil ur heads. We'd all be running around with iron sights and no perks if nobody used equipment that aided them. The lack of peripheral vision hinders, but I still love to see those bush wookies painted red. Use whatever equipment you want. Don't use whatever equipment you don't want. Just don't tell me what to use.

Here endeth the sermon.

Amen.

mht6468

Oh dear yet another post I should have avoided lol

Seriously though... try no perks and no attachments... separates the 12 years olds from the MEN haha

Its a novelty much like the millimeter scanner not used much by "pros"

N8thanAshley

I don't care what you use, I won't cry about it like a girl, I'll just kill you, and guess what, ill use what ever is at my disposal to do so effectively, I'm intelligent like that, der! ;) haha

WolfRidge

Hell No!   It is the Devils attachment

I've been killed by it plenty!

I use my hand /eye co-ordination to aim ( badly sometimes)

I don't mind what people use as long as they're not killing me

I don't usually use the target finder but when I do, I've found that its excellent when coming up behind large groups of enemies. The fact that each enemy drops from the target finder when they're downed means your not wasting valuable time and bullets making sure that each opponent is dead making me a much more efficient player.

rtmgp2002

I use it on my second primary weapon.  I use overkill, so I usually will have a smg with laser sight, then an assault rifle with target finder.  Helps in domination with the B Flag which is usually out in the open, and I'm not 12 years old either.  I'm in my mid 50's so maybe it is needed for my old cataract eyes.

1WizardGuy

First off...the notion that only children use the target finder attachment is in fact childish itself. The entire line of "logic" (in quotes) that to use something that's in the game making someone embarrassed is and even bigger joke.

Fact - even the official strategy guides include every perk, attachment, and yes...even camping as viable tactics to win engagements is endorsed by all major groups, players, and even the developers (of all CoD titles).

Target Finder is Marksmen just as Laser Sight is Steady Aim just as Fast Mags is Sleight of Hand

In past CoD titles, forum trolls would try and use this "embarrassment" issue for Grenade Launchers (hence the noob tube moniker) and for Ghost, and for Camping, and for Quick Scoping, and for Claymores, and for...well, you get the idea.

It's all legit. The goal is to win and how someone uses the tools offered is up to them. There is nothing that's childish about that at all.

Clxmj

1WizardGuy wrote:

First off...the notion that only children use the target finder attachment is in fact childish itself. The entire line of "logic" (in quotes) that to use something that's in the game making someone embarrassed is and even bigger joke.

Fact - even the official strategy guides include every perk, attachment, and yes...even camping as viable tactics to win engagements is endorsed by all major groups, players, and even the developers (of all CoD titles).

Target Finder is Marksmen just as Laser Sight is Steady Aim just as Fast Mags is Sleight of Hand

In past CoD titles, forum trolls would try and use this "embarrassment" issue for Grenade Launchers (hence the noob tube moniker) and for Ghost, and for Camping, and for Quick Scoping, and for Claymores, and for...well, you get the idea.

It's all legit. The goal is to win and how someone uses the tools offered is up to them. There is nothing that's childish about that at all.

1000% This, shame other people cant grow up and have the same attitude. If its in the game, be prepared to kill or be killed with it, and take it on the chin. Its no-one's fault except the devs, and thats what patches are for.

BUT! Akimbo FMGs, they are fkd up

wrecku

lol so  where is all the 12 yr old kids to back up my theory. Come on you all get out of Mcdonalds and get on the forums.

bonfire5

Zooms in too much, but I used the MMS before I Prestiged my PDW-57.

pkkveel

so noob tool on noob gun

does the double negitive rule apply here ? making this a legit beast weapon now ...................

Tried the PDW for a little while too but still getting hang of the game, only about 6 hrs play time so far.Strickly TDM

Maybe I will start a "best class to pwn" tread

Did finish campaing last night and found final musical number mildly entertaining

bonfire5

It is surprisingly good with the MMS. I just use the PDW because it is the future version of the P90, which has been my favourite weapon since I seen Solidus use it in MGS2. It has no fire rate (compared to other SMG's) and a huge drop off in range though... that kind of sucks.

I'll probably switch between it and the M27.

JTSN

I bought the game with my own money so im going to play it the way i want to play it, which is by me using a target finder on the MSMC and killing anybody who dares get in my way

monkeylord

Slamming a sheild into the ground and popping up with lmg of choice with grip and target finder always good for a stressful round.

I use it on rifles and Lmg's only. The draw is too slow for Smg usage and you are usually in someones face with an Smg. So I find using a zoomed scope isn't the best for 15meter combat. And for those who complain about it, a TIP for you is that cold blooded removes the red triangle when targeted. So there is an easy fix for you. Below are two videos,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8boTFOy7Ji0

the first one is of 12 kills in a row within 40 sec with a Lmg and target finder, could have easily done it with any scope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j2GesoivkY

And another one is a Slow-Mo video with the AN-94 rifle with target finder on cargo which I went 30-2 on team deathmatch (its like 2 min into the video compilation of slow mo)

I find the cargo match worked out well with the target finder.

When and what guns do you guys use target finder on?

Reminder: for those who despise target finder, TIP: Put on cold blooded.

Thembones

Well i only use it on my M8 since its a 4 burst with a silencer. Tbh i use it only on maps that are to freaking big like aftermath cargo, turbine and yemen which have to many windows and roads just feels like paying mw2 . And when i do use it its to hold a spot say headquarters hardpoint. It does allow you to ads fast and reduces recoil if you attach a silincer

Kingfury

I can't tell how many times I've been killed by someone camping in the garage in Nuketown 2025 with the Target Finder.

StealthBlade98

I used it when I added it on my MP7, it's pretty neat but definitely isn't OP.

I use it and will camp if necassary and will not justify myself to the likes of you OP.  If you can't beat the attachment then maybe you should stop playing the game.  I paid my money just like you and will play however I see fit.

BradVader

Why is there so much hate in this game?  If I beat you, I'm a tryhard.  If you beat me, I'm trash.  If I own you with an attachment or kill streak I'm a 12 year old punk. But if you find something that works for you that elevates your game, I suck. 

Just play the game, son!

Brad_Vader13