17 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2012 5:57 AM by strigoimuzik RSS

Am I crazy ? Or does this happen to you as well ?

sstang1

Every once in awhile the stars align and I get my scorestreaks - people actually die when I shoot them first etc. and I manage to get like a 2 or 3 KDR.

Then the very next game - same lobby - same people for the most part - and I get raped ? 

Its almost like the game punishes you for doing well.

Anyone else seeing this ?

• Re: Am I crazy ? Or does this happen to you as well ?
    featherman84

Almost everybody with an average or a good connection encounters this, welcome to the club.

thebigb82

30-16 in a kill confirmed game, host changed, 11-30, then 8-30

pre-patch i experienced the odd smile got some enjoyment thinking they finally fixed the online play, was getting quite giddy, was thinking i could handle this for a year, i didnt want to get to excited you know that way you have a gut feeling something bad gonna happen...............then BOOOOOOUUUM PATCH 1.03 NUFF SAID!

sstang1

I'm in Nova Scotia, Canada - and on 1.02 I was seeing lots of Clan tags and PSN names with Canada and the Atlantic Provinces in them.

Now on 1.03 I am hearing tons of Spanish and last night I tried Ground War and the system figured my best matchmaking choice was to go up against an entire clan from Peru ?  (Clan Tag P3RU and all speaking Spanish) - Really ???

Other than less freezing now, the game worked better for me on launch night.

well true story for me too.......when i got mw3, 3 days before release, i was able to go online and play, always remember saying this is the best connection ever i was getting locals people dropping like flies when tagged, worked like a swiss watch.............then the world hopped on and it went to the worst connections ever witnessed in the history of connections, so i no what you have experienced, its a big fall coming back down to earth......SUX

Same for me. I live in the Netherlands and before 1.03 I used to get into a lot of lobbies with Dutch players in them. Now I only constantly hear people saying 'kurwa' and 'merde', I have no idea what language that even is, but it can't be a country very close to me.

It was absolutely a joy to play before 1.03. Well it had it's crutches but compared to this... im constantly lagging half a second to a second behind.

huntingnoluck

I am also from NS and I have had the exact same experience. Launch night and heard guys talking about going to halifax for the weekend etc and was like man that is cool to know I am playing with others from ns, but now all spanish. The wife is like why do you play with people from other countries? I told her it is not by choice it is just the game matchmaking.

I get this too. I usually play TDM most of the time and have games like 20-4, then the next game in the same lobby, suddenly I'm getting 2-8 in the first few minutes .

My KDR has been above 2.0 (or exactly 2.0) in the past 3 CODs and currently in this one it's 1.68 (was 1.72 a few days ago). Now, I don't mind not having a 2.0 KDR on this game as I'm ont obsessed with my KDR but what I would like it consistent games. If I keep getting around 1.70 every game, then I'll accept that (as long as they feel fair), but to have say a 3.2 one game then 0.65 the next (in the same lobby) is just stupid.

Me and my brother have had a strange experience though, since the patch (1.03) has been released, we have had mostly bad games all through the week until Friday evening till Sunday afternoon (UK), in this period, we seem to get great connection games and do really well.

I just can't understand how/why that is happening, how can it be really good for like 2 days but rubbish for the rest of the week?

Anyone else experienced this?

huntingnoluck

This is the first time in a cod game that I am actually rage quitting. I never, ever win a one on one gun fight. It doesn't matter that I have had to reload because the first clip is gone and I have gotten hitmarkers, the killcam is always the same with me only having fired a single shot, if even that. The very rare occasion that I have had a good game going then one of two things happen; either host migration or connection interrupted. Either one of these come up and I might as well quit. Recent games have had outcomes like going 10 and 4, host migration, and finish with an awesome 11 and 20! I have actually tossed my controller across the room many times, something I have never ever done before.

rlbl

This happens all the time.

From what I understand... the host changes after the match.

* It has nothing to do with the possibility of you being crazy

Yep, you've basically just described my day-to-day playing. Even the boys from here who I play with will vouch for what I say. Sometimes it even seems like the host migrated at half time.

My KDR hasn't budged from from .92 for ages because if I do well the next game cancels it out.

I'll have a game scoring, say, 34-8 then go 10-22 next game, then 15-20...