1 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next 879 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2013 6:54 AM by Chiich22 Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
  • 80. Re: Hardcore Modes
    robmeister89

Hell, drop the least popular one of the bottom four and make it a three-gamemode moshpit even.

Just give us more HARDCORE

• 81. Re: Hardcore Modes
    rankismet

robmeister89 wrote:

You want simple, Vahn?

How about this:

1. TDM/KC Moshpit - We get both in one.. why not?

2. S&D - This is a totally different gamemode in terms of how its played...

3. CTF - As you said, extremely popular for Hardcore gamers

4. Objective Moshpit to include:

Hardpoint - A popular new mode..

Domination - Probably one of the most popular gamemodes period...

Headquarters - Extremely popular gamemode back in the MW2 days...

Demolition - Why has this never been made available in Hardcore?!?

Lose HC FFA... its pointless anyways.

In this scenario, all gamemodes with the exception of FFA are available. And its still only four playlists.

I could go for that. But they won't put TDM in a mosh.

• 82. Re: Hardcore Modes
    maccabi

Vahn wrote:

I wish I could reply and quote your text, so let's fake it.

ccm404 said:

You know Vahn, it might be an option to just make 2 seperate Moshpit Playlists. One with TDM, FFA & Kill Confirmed. Then another with Objective Game-Modes like S&D, Hardpoint, Domination, CTF. This would mean you only have 2 playlists, but all game-modes are covered.

I need something like this. Someting simple that won't fragment.

I have a lot of respect for the hardcore community. Especially the forums hardcore community. If you know me at all, you know I rarely post on forums.

However, it's just not realstically to put 55% of the gamemodes into a hardcore variant.

You have to help me, help you. We are looking at 3-4 playlists, one of them a Moshpit.

I read back through the forums and at least one of you tried to convince me hardcore CTF was unpopular. That's insane. It's more popular than core CTF at many points in time.

Vahn

Assuming we have 4 playlists,

I think we should have 2 single playlists and 2 moshpits. You keep all the objective players together and all the kdr'ers together and dont upset the s&d players or the ctf'ers who really complained during the bombs and flags "experiment"

TDM ,KC, FFA  But remove spawn delays as they would slow the game down and wieght tmd and kc much higher hcffa with 12 players would be fun for a few rounds tops.

Dom -Hard Point- Hq - again wieght dom and hp slightly higher as they are newer modes and no respawn timer.

S&D leave as single but if the codes still in the game change this to richochet as I know the s&d players would prefer that

CTF leave as stand alone

I will also add as well which is something I know every hc player will agree on when its time for dlc releases could we please have a hc dlc playlist , I don't know how everyone else would feel about this But i would suggest sacrificing one of the moshpits or ctf for a month of a moshpit of dlc of popular game modes.

totaly seperate (ish) note if any game modes cant be fit into the hc playlists ....

As a something to mull over option.. This is something I was discussing with IW just before Blops2 hit .

A hybrid hc/core mode  No mini map always on and health reduced to 75% with regen on , its the best of both worlds and appeals to both sides of the coin. With the elements that people like about hc but done in a way that doesn't turn off the core players and vice versa.

• 83. Re: Hardcore Modes
    robmeister89

Well then lets drop the least popular one (probably Demolition, though I'd love to play it in Hardcore) and add in Kill Confirmed to the objective moshpit and just call it a regular moshpit...

1. TDM

2. Search & Destroy

3. CTF

4. Moshpit to include:

Hardpoint

Domination

Headquarters

Kill Confirmed

• 84. Re: Hardcore Modes

Said this before put hq and Dom and hardpoint in a moshpit playlist there all good objective modes!

But we want the better game modes come on!

Most of us HC players are stuck playing core when cod 4 eight years ago gave us hc hq!

• 85. Re: Hardcore Modes

I really cant think of a good scenario that only includes 4 playlists, especially if CTF and S&D remain standalone. Thats pretty depressing.

• 86. Re: Hardcore Modes
    rankismet

robmeister89 wrote:

Well then lets drop the least popular one (probably Demolition, though I'd love to play it in Hardcore) and add in Kill Confirmed to the objective moshpit...

1. TDM

2. Search & Destroy

3. CTF

Hardpoint

Domination

Headquarters

Kill Confirmed

Swap CTF with KC... and I think you have a winner.

• 87. Re: Hardcore Modes

CTF is way to popular...We used to play it a lot but not so much anymore since we have the flag carrier icons...it makes it less of a challenge

• 88. Re: Hardcore Modes
    rankismet

maccabi wrote:

Vahn wrote:

I wish I could reply and quote your text, so let's fake it.

ccm404 said:

You know Vahn, it might be an option to just make 2 seperate Moshpit Playlists. One with TDM, FFA & Kill Confirmed. Then another with Objective Game-Modes like S&D, Hardpoint, Domination, CTF. This would mean you only have 2 playlists, but all game-modes are covered.

I need something like this. Someting simple that won't fragment.

I have a lot of respect for the hardcore community. Especially the forums hardcore community. If you know me at all, you know I rarely post on forums.

However, it's just not realstically to put 55% of the gamemodes into a hardcore variant.

You have to help me, help you. We are looking at 3-4 playlists, one of them a Moshpit.

I read back through the forums and at least one of you tried to convince me hardcore CTF was unpopular. That's insane. It's more popular than core CTF at many points in time.

Vahn

Assuming we have 4 playlists,

I think we should have 2 single playlists and 2 moshpits. You keep all the objective players together and all the kdr'ers together and dont upset the s&d players or the ctf'ers who really complained during the bombs and flags "experiment"

TDM ,KC, FFA  But remove spawn delays as they would slow the game down and wieght tmd and kc much higher hcffa with 12 players would be fun for a few rounds tops.

Dom -Hard Point- Hq - again wieght dom and hp slightly higher as they are newer modes and no respawn timer.

S&D leave as single but if the codes still in the game change this to richochet as I know the s&d players would prefer that

CTF leave as stand alone

I will also add as well which is something I know every hc player will agree on when its time for dlc releases could we please have a hc dlc playlist , I don't know how everyone else would feel about this But i would suggest sacrificing one of the moshpits or ctf for a month of a moshpit of dlc of popular game modes.

totaly seperate (ish) note if any game modes cant be fit into the hc playlists ....

As a something to mull over option.. This is something I was discussing with IW just before Blops2 hit .

A hybrid hc/core mode  No mini map always on and health reduced to 75% with regen on , its the best of both worlds and appeals to both sides of the coin. With the elements that people like about hc but done in a way that doesn't turn off the core players and vice versa.

Like the hybrid option...

... but CTF would not be more popular than KC. In fact, KC would most likely rival TDM from a numbers standpoint. I guarantee it.

• 89. Re: Hardcore Modes
    robmeister89

Well lets do that then! I'm game. I'd rather play CTF in an objective moshpit then Kill Confirmed anwyays (no offense to those who like that gamemode)...

1. TDM

2. Kill Confirmed

3. Search & Destroy

CTF

Hardpoint

Headquarters

Domination

That really does look like the best way to go.. what do you say Vahn?

1 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next