1 2 3 4 Previous Next 879 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2013 6:54 AM by Chiich22 Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
  • 10. Re: Hardcore Modes

Well, at least they fixed emblems.  Thats a relief, those emblems were pissing me off.

• 11. Re: Hardcore Modes

Ricochet is for noobs!! Keep hardcore the way it is. That doesn't happen very often and you're just pissed cause of one incident probably. Ricochet is hardcore with training wheels!!

• 12. Re: Hardcore Modes

I'm would totall agree with this, except for one thing....Friendly Gamertags need to show up a little faster. Most of the time if I kill a teammate its because I've shot them before their name popped up.

• 13. Re: Hardcore Modes
    TightNinja1

more hardcore game modes please

• 14. Re: Hardcore Modes
    banned-again

id love to see hardcore k/c and dom but i cant see it happening

• 15. Re: Hardcore Modes
    Vahn

Hello,

I know the Hardcore crowd loves Hardcore. I love me some Hardcore Search & Destroy, personally. You are a small enough community where I feel like I know some of you personally.

The problem here is that not every gamemode playable in a hardcore variant has sufficent enough traffic to warrant having it's own playlist.

Hardcore Free-For-All, for example, has a very low traffic count. This makes Matchmaking in that playlist more difficult.

While I'm sure that the 4000 people in it right now are loving it, I'm just being open with with you when I say that something with less than 1% of the total population barely justifies it's own playlist.

What follows next is a discussion point. It's not a committement or a guarantee. I am taking feedback as we think about how to provide more hardcore game modes as Public Playlists without fragmenting the small Hardcore community or matchmaking.

I would appreciate it if you please keep your posts on-topic and civil. Please hardcore community, police your own. I am counting on you to make it worthwhile to have a thread going.

As a snapshot in time, these are the Hardcore modes in order of popularity.

1. Hardcore TDM (by a large margin)

2. Hardcore CTF

3. Hardcore Search

4. Hardcore FFA

Where do you go from here? Sacrifice Hardcore FFA for a Moshpit, Kill Confirmed, or something else entirelly?

Some of you will be tempted to say "Give every game mode it's own Hardcore playlist." Save yourself some trouble. I totally get it. You like Hardcore.

However, Hardcore is not a gamemode. It's a variant on the game rules. One that is popular with a very passionate, but very small crowd of people.

Keeping the 80,000 (or so, across 2 platforms) of you together and able to play together has to be a priority over any specfic variant.

Finally, in case you are just joining us on this game, we go through this every two years with you.

This year is no different. We put out the game. We then figure out what is popular amongst the Hardcore (and other variant, but relatively small communities), and we make adjustments that are in the best intrests of the game and the community. This year is no different. Of course we'll make adjustments. We always do.

Vahn

• 16. Re: Hardcore Modes
    nicedrewishfela

Thank you, Mr Vonderhaar for your rational and reasonable response.

I am a hardcore only player, and in fairness I play mostly TDM. While I would like to see HC DOM added, it isn't the end of the world for me. I have been trying to ask for some rationality and common sense amongst my peers, but you know that is always a challenge in this community.

I never like to get involved in the HC vs Core debate, it is a lose/lose for all involved. I personally just say play what makes you happy. I also know that we aren't as large a population, but I do appreciate you all for remembering that we are just as passionate.

• 17. Re: Hardcore Modes

Thanks for your response. Question.....where does Hardcore KC rank as far as popularity?

• 18. Re: Hardcore Modes

Thanks for responding Vahn. To go along with what you said, yes I would totally sacrifice HC FFA. I tried it out, I gave it more than a fair shake, played about 35 games, and its bad. The spawns are bad, the headglitching is bad, the maps are bad for it. Its the least popular because its the worst of the available HC modes. CTF is in 2nd place because its the only available objective playlist, so please don't read too much into that. Replace CTF with HQ or DOM and it would be in 2nd place as well.

I was there for Flags and Bombs, and hated it. I think it failed because you merged two completely different game modes, that feature completely different players, CTF and HQ, into one playlist. The players revolted, it became HQ vs CTF, and it developed into pure hatred. So I ask that you not do that again, instead putting HQ and CTF into different moshpits. With the change to round based DOM, I think it has more in common with CTF than it did before.

What I would like to see is this:

HC TDM

HC KC

HC HQ/ HC Hardpoint in one moshpit

HC CTF/HC DOM in the other moshpit

HC S&D

Thanks for reading Vahn!

• 19. Re: Hardcore Modes

Thanks for the response Vahn. I really hope that you find Kill Confirmed a popular enough game mode, so that it will be added. again thanks

1 2 3 4 Previous Next