9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2012 4:25 AM by T-boss RSS

Regarding Aim Assist

codcanuck

Aim assist is needed to balance out the two control schemes. Dual analog users need help fighting Wiimote-exclusive features. All you diehard anti-aim assist people please explain to me how a person who can only shoot the center of the screen has the advantage to a person who can aim and shoot anywhere. Of course, too much of anything is always bad. It's best if Treyarch can find that middle ground.

Regarding lower K/Ds of Wiimoters: wait until the missing sensitivity options are patched in. Who knows; maybe those two or three options are the cause of the problem.

Now can we please move on and talk about the actual game itself?

And no, I don't use dual analog. Wiimote ftw

• Re: Regarding Aim Assist
    ClonedLF

Yes, people, stop with the aim assist nonsense. It's just a consequence we KNEW was coming when Black Ops 2 was announced for us. There's nothing we can do, and probably nothing will be done to "fix" it. Now, I'm a Wiimote user, and I find dissapointing how many people are reporting this, because after all, why would they if it wasn't true? Well, biased people will always be part of the game, so let's just all agree with each other. Do you want to make us look like whiny, ungrateful babies in front of the people who support the game? No, please don't.

7echidna7

As a wiimote user, I understand dual analogs need aim assist. The wiimote is way more precise. We can aim every direction on the tv making hitting multiple targets easier. I also checked my settings on mw3 last night and my curser sensitivity setting was half way. I don't even think I touched it. Still dont know what it does. But obviously people are having trouble without it.

Before everyone gets on their high horse about aim assist wait for the wiimote control patch. It will probably be way better balance then.

Good posts guys! 

Padiego

If by the time you get the wii u the patch hasnt come out yet then you will experience first hand what wii mote players have to suffer through while analog users get easy mode. Even iconboy admits he cant really get used to wiimote, because its not the same...you feel like youre at a huge disadvantage

codcanuck

Are you talking about the Wiimote in BO2? Shouldn't it be fine once the patch rolls around?

Right now it's really hard to properly compare the two control schemes because of differences from past CoDs (the missing sensitivity options).

ichilenozo

Padiego wrote:

If by the time you get the wii u the patch hasnt come out yet then you will experience first hand what wii mote players have to suffer through while analog users get easy mode. Even iconboy admits he cant really get used to wiimote, because its not the same...you feel like youre at a huge disadvantage

U r right Padiego...it is time to from the anti-huge-aim-assist-in-BO2 alliance of Wii-mote players. Anything hat take us to back to MW3 levels would be fair enough.

Nough said.

It seems there is alot of aim assit in the game