36 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2012 9:14 PM by elite_force1uk RSS

Do you think Treyarch will patch ghost?

AConfusedYeti

We all know what needs to be done. If they patch ghost to work against UAV's only stationary or not, would make a lot of people happy. I really don't see how it would be a negative. The only thing I could see if the dot chasers might not get as many camping snipers.  We all know the topics of the debate, but do you think Treyarch has seen enough to get them to change ghost? I really hope they do.

I feel like they have decided to make this game totally run and gun. With the powerful (not OP) SMGs, ghost only while moving (for now) and laser sights for snipers, I think they decided to take any sort of camping out of the game.  And yes, camping is as much of a tactic and run and gunning is. I play objective game modes and in order to win, SOMEONE (not the whole team) needs to camp a flag or whatever to prevent the enemy team from coming behing them. What do you guys think?

• Re: Do you think Treyarch will patch ghost?
    Godotpwn

I think that people sitting in a dark corner not moving for minutes at a time just so they can get one kill that they didnt even earn completely ruins the game. It also demonstrates how pathetic some people are.

I think we will have TONS of ghost threads, until somebody from Treyarch tell us a NO or something.

AConfusedYeti wrote:

We all know what needs to be done. If they patch ghost to work against UAV's only stationary or not, would make a lot of people happy. I really don't see how it would be a negative. The only thing I could see if the dot chasers might not get as many camping snipers.  We all know the topics of the debate, but do you think Treyarch has seen enough to get them to change ghost? I really hope they do.

I feel like they have decided to make this game totally run and gun. With the powerful (not OP) SMGs, ghost only while moving (for now) and laser sights for snipers, I think they decided to take any sort of camping out of the game.  And yes, camping is as much of a tactic and run and gunning is. I play objective game modes and in order to win, SOMEONE (not the whole team) needs to camp a flag or whatever to prevent the enemy team from coming behing them. What do you guys think?

And you would patch it to do exactly what again? You think they are going to take it out? Nope

You explain clearly on how they would "patch" Ghost and Wiggy will entertain this little idea.

Wiggy will wait.

AConfusedYeti

Just like everyone else has posted, making it so that you are still invisible to UAV's even if you aren't moving. That's it, nothing else. Take out the moving requirement completely. I don't care if the one killstreak (the one like the SR-71 from BO1) still shows me, I just want a regular UAV to not pick me up if I am not moving.

AConfusedYeti wrote:

Just like everyone else has posted, making it so that you are still invisible to UAV's even if you aren't moving. That's it, nothing else. Take out the moving requirement completely. I don't care if the one killstreak (the one like the SR-71 from BO1) still shows me, I just want a regular UAV to not pick me up if I am not moving.

Yeah, no.

That's not going to happen. It's a fundamental thing that is built into the coding.

They aren't going to change that.

Besides, if you don't want on the radar. MOVE.

Be unlike your fellow ghost users that move 2 inches to stay off the radar.

Wiggy I know your pretty educated about call of duty (btw this is a new account got locked out of the other one) anyhow fixing the coding on ghost should only evolve changing one number. Right now they got that speed set at 3/4 of full walking speed to not appar all it would take is making that number a zero or the equivalent to zero and then ghost users would not show. Before you start on me about not know about game design I actually do because I go to full sail university for game design. This is just my opinion on the subject and at this time the perk is basically broken.

Fix_Ghost_Already wrote:

Wiggy I know your pretty educated about call of duty (btw this is a new account got locked out of the other one) anyhow fixing the coding on ghost should only evolve changing one number. Right now they got that speed set at 3/4 of full walking speed to not appar all it would take is making that number a zero or the equivalent to zero and then ghost users would not show. Before you start on me about not know about game design I actually do because I go to full sail university for game design. This is just my opinion on the subject and at this time the perk is basically broken.

Before they go working on something that isn't broken, how about they fix the broken net code with matchmaking... Shall we?

Thank you

All we are asking its to give us 5 or 10 seconds before you show in the mini map, after you ADS or stop moving on a critical situation.

i mean it is camping to stay 5 seconds not moving? , and dont forget the Snipers.

kcwood100

i dont see what the problem with ghost is.

it was beyond annoying having to wait till the top end of your first rank through to get it but once you prestige you can carry it over.

and the whole having to keep moving when a uav is in the air i dont think its a big deal. it does stop people abusing the perk.

its better when people actually are forced to move about and not sit in a corner.

i

AConfusedYeti

Sustainability, you seem to be very sensable. Thank you for helping other people understand who are having a problem understanding a simple concept: completely remove the moving requirement for ghost and make it so it always works against UAVs

trialstardragon

Not an Dev but I can answer your question with a bit of certainty. NO, they will not be making ghost work the way it did in past games no matter how many people come here and cry about it. This game is meant to be different, the perks are meant to be different, the game is meant to be played with different skills. It is not meant to be the same as it was in how all things worked. So adapt and learn and overcome and do not say you cannot. For if you cannot then you shouldnot be playing this game. For it will not be changed back the way it was to make you or anyone else that does not like how it is happy again.

blb128

trialstardragon wrote:

Not an Dev but I can answer your question with a bit of certainty. NO, they will not be making ghost work the way it did in past games no matter how many people come here and cry about it. This game is meant to be different, the perks are meant to be different, the game is meant to be played with different skills. It is not meant to be the same as it was in how all things worked. So adapt and learn and overcome and do not say you cannot. For if you cannot then you shouldnot be playing this game. For it will not be changed back the way it was to make you or anyone else that does not like how it is happy again.

Agreed. They wanted this game to be different. People have been complaining the last few years that the game is the same every year. Well this one is different and they still complain. This game is a totally different beast and if you play it like the previous installments you get your butt wooped.

You have to run and fire from the hip now, reaaaally fun.

d8noped8b

Pretty much this.

All the previous CODs have room for "campers" AND "run 'n' gunners" along with other playstyles so why can't this one? The only playstyle I've seen in this game is "run 'n' gun". No wait, it's the only playstyle that actually works.

Wanna try sniping for prolonged periods of time? Nope, some guy will run up to you and shoot you in the face.

Wanna try holding down an area in an objective based game? Nope, some guy will run up to you and shoot you in the face.

Wanna camp? Nope, a UAV will pop up and some guy will run up to you and shoot you in the face.

Wanna take a break from getting shot in the face constantly by guys running up to you? Nope, some guy will run up to your home, bash into the room you are occupying and shoot you in the face.

However, I may just be sour about all this as I'm not an avid run 'n' gunner and on top of that I'm a bit under the weather.

trialstardragon

LOL, if you have to do that, it shows you are not that great of a player. or do not understand the weapons that well. I can easily stand still and kill players. In fact I can camp one side of a map and go positive and never fear the uav at all or the pacmen coming to try and kill me. its about being smart and using the map to your advantage and knowing the flank routes and how to defend yourself.

Went 23-3 on  match just few moments ago using the mk48. had a 6.66 k/dr at the end and all I did was stay in on area of the map and killed those that tried to come for me over and over again which ended up making the host on the other team leave corupting the game file.

My team won but it says we lost 2100-1685 and it was a pub match.. so that score is just wtf at the moment.

elite_force1uk

This post can be summed up in one sentance!

"Shoot down UAV's"

Since its release, ive probably been in only 3 games where other

people are actually shooting them things down.. i always do it

So anyone moaning about ghost, stop being Lazy an Shoot em down!