27 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2012 6:55 PM by starbuckfrack RSS

Cheesed off at being screwed over because I pay for the best.

I have the best internet cash can buy in my area 89mb down and 28 up with a 23 ping to France with 0 packet loss and no jitters.  I also have the xbox connected by ethernet cable, not wireless and the controller is even wired. I have the soul use of the internet in my place accept the odd occasion the wife might go online with her laptop and then I'm not on the Xbox. 

 

So why in the name of god himself am I screwed over due to lag compensation or the server's inability to put me in a lobby with others that have a ping the same as mine. Why should some ignorant foul mouthed 10 year old little boy using cheap Tesco broadband (more like fiber string, than fiber optic) a wireless connection and controller, playing while his dad is surfing the net for porn becuase his wife has become an ugly ????. The wife is sending every man with a heart beat on Facebook a message in the hopes of sex because the husband wont touch her and his sister is selling her body to the chepest bidder on Ebay. GET A BETER GAME THAN ME.

 

This is pathetic and past a joke. But then some one like me that takes my gaming seriously and pays to get the best is only a small % of sales. Just because these 10 year old casual gamers are you main income does not mean you have the right to F me over for there benefit.

  • Re: Cheesed off at being screwed over because I pay for the best.
    Ss78_

    Amusing post m8 made me laugh. I take it since you take your gaming seriously you've checked if aim assist is on, best is selected,tried another dns setting, made your connection open and are still suffering? If so just take a break from it.

  • Re: Cheesed off at being screwed over because I pay for the best.

    I see you've played me then, I'll have you know it is me downloading the porn, and my dad on ebay and my sister on facebook, my mum doesn't need the internet, shes on the corner.

  • Re: Cheesed off at being screwed over because I pay for the best.
    asianman12

    MoaningMichae1 wrote:

     

    So why in the name of god himself am I screwed over due to lag compensation or the server's inability to put me in a lobby with others that have a ping the same as mine. Why should some ignorant foul mouthed 10 year old little boy using cheap Tesco broadband (more like fiber string, than fiber optic) a wireless connection and controller, playing while his dad is surfing the net for porn becuase his wife has become an ugly ????. The wife is sending every man with a heart beat on Facebook a message in the hopes of sex because the husband wont touch her and his sister is selling her body to the chepest bidder on Ebay. GET A BETER GAME THAN ME.

     

    This is pathetic and past a joke. But then some one like me that takes my gaming seriously and pays to get the best is only a small % of sales. Just because these 10 year old casual gamers are you main income does not mean you have the right to F me over for there benefit.

    1) Lag Comp isn't what is matching you with terrible lobbies.  Matchmaking is what does that. 

    2) Please learn what Lag Comp is before you throw around terminology you have no idea about.

    3) You seem to be just like the whiny foul mouthed 10 year old that you seem to get stuck with. 

    4) 3ARC isn't "Fing" you over for their benefit.  Why is it that everyone on here has some grudge against 3ARC?  They aren't personally trying to make you hate the game.  So stop making these grudges for a freaking VIDEO GAME.

     

    PS. No one cares how high your bandwidth is.  You only need 1mbs download and about 512k upload to play online.  It isn't the bandwidth that makes your games laggy. I could have a 5down and 2up connection and run this game fine.  It is all about the quality of your internet.  How well it works jumping through Xbox live, to host, to another player, and back, etc.

    • Re: Cheesed off at being screwed over because I pay for the best.

      Did your mother bring you up to be a rude and obnoxious joke or was it something you took the time to learn all by yourself asianman12 ?. Clearly your post shows how you like to scan the forums for topics you can be sarcasti and rude in to make yourself feel self important and far more intelligent that you really are.  Every forum has one and your actions or comment don't do alot for me I'm afraid, infact I pity you, can't be easy being the bully when your seen more as a joke than a menace. Just wondering do you have any self esteem issues that maybe stem back to a misfortunate childhood experience.

       

      And of course my secret is up. How did you guess I was 10 and what in my post gave the foul mouth part away. Please I'm exspecting some clever Sherlock Holmes observational response, where you point out the way I type my T's indicates abuse from wild hamster while I was 5 or something equally clever and witty. Please don't hold back due to some misjudged ideology.

       

      The post was trying to make a serious point while adding a layer of sarcasm and fun to make it memorable. If you have nothing constructive to add to a thread I create please feel free to run along and stay silent.

      • Re: Cheesed off at being screwed over because I pay for the best.
        maccabi

        MoaningMichae1 wrote:

         

        Did your mother bring you up to be a rude and obnoxious jokes or was it something you took the time to learn all by yourself asianman12 ?. Clearly your post shows how you like to scan the forums for topics you can be sarcasti and rude in to make yourself feel self important and far more intelligent that you really are.  Every forum has one and your actions or comment don't do alot for me I'm afraid, infact I pity you, can't be easy being the bully when your seen more as a joke than a menace. Just wondering do you have any self esteem issues that maybe stem back to a misfortunate childhood experience.

         

        And of course my secret is up. How did you guess I was 10 and what in my post gave the foul mouth part away. Please I'm exspecting some clever Sherlock Holmes observational response, where you point out the way I type my T's indicates abuse from wild hamster while I was 5 or something equally clever and witty. Please don't hold back due to some misjudged ideology.

         

        The post was trying to make a serious point while adding a layer of sarcasm and fun to make it memorable. If you have nothing constructive to add to a thread I create please feel free to run along and stay silent.

        Couple of protips for free new user of the forums.

         

        1) The manner in which you have posted with your unusual slant on what would be considered "funny" isn't going to win you many fans .

        2) Nothing Asianman said was incorrect.

        3) If someone replies to a post you make disagreeing with you its probably best not to take it personally and reply by insulting them. As you will find your threads dont last very long before they get deleted or locked by the Mods.

         

        Now thats out the way your post..

         

        Firstly you do not have the "best" internet you can buy in your area , you have bought the BEST bandwidth package you can buy. Thats all the down/up numbers represent bandwidth, neither of which really come into the equation when playing online as the amount of bandwidth you use is a fraction of that. (the only exception to this upload bandwidth which you need more of to be in the selection for process for host and to run a livestream). If i was a betting man I would say you're problem is as you get host alot as being host for alot of people causes then issues.

         

        Secondly... Yuor ping to france while good is meaningless as its the ping to the host or other players to you thats important. (Although i must commend you for obviously doing a pingtest not a speed test as you have cited no jitter or packet loss).

         

        Although you haven't actually said it I am going to assume by your upload you're on cable? Ironically if you are that tesco adsl connection you just berated would have less latency that you most of the time, and a BETTER connection. Also if you're on cable again I'm assuming you're on Virgin ? using their own equipment? if you are maybe go look on virgins own forums for some clues to why you maybe suffering in game... thats a small hint

        • Re: Cheesed off at being screwed over because I pay for the best.

          First of all I have no problem maccabi with people disagreeing with a thread I make. It's called a debate and I love a good debate but I don't see the need to personally insult someone to try and make an individual look clever, espcially not at my expense. He could of posted his comment in a polite manner without the need to try and belittle me.

           

          Yes I do seem to pull host 80% of the time and that is due I take it to my better than average connection. Which is by the way BT infinity fiberoptic. So even though I am more than happy to agree with your points as you clearly know more about than I do. Does not in any way make it an acceptable condition I should have to live with. Having a better connection and going to all the trouble to make my playing experience as good as possible should in now way incur an invisible punishment in the form of latency.

           

          One last point I do not suffer from connection issues on BF3, guild wars 2 or any other game i play from my PC. Or have any connection issues playing MW3. So my connection can not be called into dispute as if it was down to my service supplier I would have issues on all usage not just Black Opps 2.

          • Re: Cheesed off at being screwed over because I pay for the best.

            Hey, it happens. It's nothing new about it Doesnt matter about how much you spend for the ultimate high speed connection. Once you get online and start playing with others, there's great chances you're going to lag.

          • Re: Cheesed off at being screwed over because I pay for the best.
            asianman12

            MoaningMichae1 wrote:

             

            First of all I have no problem maccabi with people disagreeing with a thread I make. It's called a debate and I love a good debate but I don't see the need to personally insult someone to try and make an individual look clever, espcially not at my expense. He could of posted his comment in a polite manner without the need to try and belittle me.

             

             

            If you take a look at the multiple threads on these forums you will see that a lot of people post like you do and are serious in the attitude they display.  Your 2nd paragraph of the OP carried the same attitude that numerous little kids display through these kinds of threads bashing Lag Comp and the like. It was only natural for me to respond how I did.  It's getting rather tiring really since every thread is pretty much exactly the same:

             

            1) I have the best internet around

            2) I have so and so Download/Upload speeds more than others

            3)My Ping to my next door neighbor is ~11ms

            4)Lag Comp is specifically targeting me and my superior connection and giving an advantage to lesser connections( "HOW DARE THEY!!!")

            5)Conspiracy theory here, conspiracy theory there. 

             

            Maybe if you didn't feel like conveying a certain type of attitude to get some decent answers you wouldn't get people like me who aren't afraid of telling it like it is.   You may or may not be a 10 year old.  But you sure has heck didn't act like a 21 year old(or whatever age your society views as "Adult") in the OP. 

             

             

            Now back on topic. 

  • Re: Cheesed off at being screwed over because I pay for the best.

    The way you write only makes you look like a 10 year old. and writing that isn't going to make Treyarch fix anything

  • Re: Cheesed off at being screwed over because I pay for the best.
    maccabi

    MoaningMichae1 wrote:

     

    First of all  have no problem maccabi with people disagreeing with a thread I make. It's called a debate and I love a good debate but I don't see the need to personally insult someone to try and make an individual look clever, espcially not at my expense. He could of posted his comment in a polite manner without the need to try and belittle me.

     

    Yes I do seem to pull host 80% of the time and that is due I take it to my better than average connection. Which is by the way BT infinity fiberoptic. So even though I am more than happy to agree with your points as you clearly know more about than I do. Does not in any way make it an acceptable condition I should have to live with. Having a better connection and going to all the trouble to make my playing experience as good as possible should in now way incur an invisible punishment in the form of latency.

     

    One last point I do not suffer from connection issues on BF3, guild wars 2 or any other game i play from my PC. Or have any connection issues playing MW3. So my connection can not be called into dispute as if it was down to my service supplier I would have issues on all usage not just Black Opps 2.

    gah it was one of two choices , ok

    seperate thing as your on infinity.. you might not be aware you are giving away free bandwidth to anyone in range of your router its how they offer free wifi to all their customers ..Bt dont tell people this they sign you up and expect you to opt out of the scheme you'll need to go here login in and opt out

    https://www.bt.com/wifi/secure/index.do

     

    ...

    Onto your actuall problems I would say imho most if not all your problems do stem from your getting host, I know alot of people will slate me for this next sentence but are you using the homehun bt gave you? its really not great for gaming. if you are although your limited to what you can tweak setting up a rule in the application page for cod will see a small improvement.

    To remove yourself from being host is a subject i wont explain as you need a proper router with proper control panels

    • Re: Cheesed off at being screwed over because I pay for the best.

      I have all ready opted out of the BT WIFI share system. So that has no affect but I do agree some of it is down to the router we have with BT. Unfortunately although I'm well educated trying to set up an independent router that is not supplied by BT is a bit over my head tec wise.

       

      My Nat is open and downloading or others using my connection seem to make no difference. Shame as in MW3 I had no problems, was ranked 1638 in the world for FFA, not something achievable with a bad connection. 

  • Re: Cheesed off at being screwed over because I pay for the best.
    starbuckfrack

    Since you think some people are being rude here is the simple version.

     

    Console Gaming does not care what connection you got or what PING you got on your PC.

     

    Apples and Oranges.

     

    The console when gaming uses around 2 up and 2 down MAX for gaming an never uses any more.

     

    The higher "speed" is used for downloading files and streaming movies. THAT is what you are paying for.

     

    The search box would have told you this.

     

    and why the need to go after AsianMan when he is correct ?

     

    ANNND of course Mac said the same thing

    • Re: Cheesed off at being screwed over because I pay for the best.

      So if it's wrong for me to insult AsianMan, then why was it ok for him to insult me with out myself having the right to reply. Rather hypocritical of you. If it's wrong for me to insult him then it works both ways. I'm sorry if I upset your boyfriend but he could of posted a reply without having to use my 10 year old comment to insult me. There really was no need other than to try and make me look a noob.

       

      But then I don't expect you to see that because like yourself so many on here seem to think it's ok to talk to other like crap and say what they want with out any retaliation.

       

      Amazing how many insignificant losers have nothing better to do than jump into a post and without adding anything constructive to a thread just insult others thinking it's perfectly ok. Shame there parents didn't teach them some manners.

      • Re: Cheesed off at being screwed over because I pay for the best.
        asianman12

        HYPOCRITE! Read your OP.  Your "sarcasm" can be seen as immature stereotyping when read a certain way.  There wasn't any sarcasm when I read it.  So your OP could be seen as insulting and immature.  I had every right to call you out on it.  And seeing that multiple people have also called you out on it shows your "sarcasm" wasn't taken as such.

         

        Maybe you should reevaluate your social typing skills.

      • Re: Cheesed off at being screwed over because I pay for the best.
        starbuckfrack

        MoaningMichae1 wrote:

         

        So if it's wrong for me to insult AsianMan, then why was it ok for him to insult me with out myself having the right to reply. Rather hypocritical of you. If it's wrong for me to insult him then it works both ways. I'm sorry if I upset your boyfriend but he could of posted a reply without having to use my 10 year old comment to insult me. There really was no need other than to try and make me look a noob.

         

        But then I don't expect you to see that because like yourself so many on here seem to think it's ok to talk to other like crap and say what they want with out any retaliation.

         

        Amazing how many insignificant losers have nothing better to do than jump into a post and without adding anything constructive to a thread just insult others thinking it's perfectly ok. Shame there parents didn't teach them some manners.

         

        Well look at your original post. Di you really have to curse in it (Even the letter F known to mean a curse) ?

         

        You could have made the presentation a little more adult. Then add to the fact of your responses to him an others.

         

        If two normal adults got into an argument the real adult would have the moral sense to apologize , for example, for calling the other guy a jackass for no reason. But instead you made you foul mouthed presentation on the forum FIRST. So what kind of response do you want ?

         

        I mean the part about the ugly mom and stuff was kind of funny but did you really need that off color of a joke ? There are other people on the forum here that are Christians for example. So would you go up to a group of Christians and tell a dirty joke ? How about going up to the new girl at work ? Would you just come outright and tell her a sex joke or would you at least test the water a bit.

         

        In your case YES you would according to your presentation, and you have notice that you never apologized for it. You say people need manners but apparently you arent using ANY.

         

        Come back when you want to hold a discussion like an adult. The fact is that YOU were wrong FIRST when you came into this forum with that kind of attitude. When you act like a child you will get a response as if you were a child.

         

        Besides what he said wasnt really that insulting . you might want to blame yourself for your insecurities.

  • Re: Cheesed off at being screwed over because I pay for the best.

    Another spoilt brat complaining that he can't Pay 2 Win!

    • Re: Cheesed off at being screwed over because I pay for the best.

      O another retard who feels the need to post an insult because they lack the intelligence to offer a adult response. Are you that sad you have nothing better to do than log in and make insulting comments on threads. And you say I'm sad.

      • Re: Cheesed off at being screwed over because I pay for the best.

        MoaningMichae1 wrote:

         

        O another retard who feels the need to post an insult because they lack the intelligence to offer a adult response. Are you that sad you have nothing better to do than log in and make insulting comments on threads. And you say I'm sad.

        Where did I say you are "sad"? You call me a retard for commenting on a post on a forum, and then mis quote me. I have to say, I love the irony there.

         

        If you would like an adult response, then here's one. CoD doesn't care that you think spending money on extra Bandwidth will give you an advantage. Cod caters for all gamers and uses hardly any bandwidth at all, but enjoy downloading media faster as that's what you really paid for when you wasted your money on what you thought would give you more kills and less deaths.

  • Re: Cheesed off at being screwed over because I pay for the best.

    you do have connection type set to best dont you? and you have to play on your own if you party up it screws with everything. and dont play after 10pm in the UK because for some reason you get thrown into US lobbies. that said its not as bad as playing with the French

    .

    we have BT infinity im getting 79 down and 15 up and this game lags like im on 56k ha ha

  • Re: Cheesed off at being screwed over because I pay for the best.
    Tick7

    I have an internet connection that is better than 90% of the people in my province. I've noticed over the past few days a very noticeable improvement in the connections and hit detections. Pretty much my entire friends list has also noticed the improvement too.

     

    Soon, the time will come, where people will have to stop blaming the lag compensation, and start blaming themselves, for performing poorly at Call of Duty.

     

    Also - for those throwing out  download and upload speeds, CoD relies very little on those numbers, and a bit more on overall bandwidth.

  • Re: Cheesed off at being screwed over because I pay for the best.
    trialstardragon

    As several here have said, your bandwidth package means nothing to the game. You could have a 1 gig up and down and it would not give you any better game than somoene with just a 1mb down and 512kb up. So paying for a high package does not entitle you to a better game. That was your first mistake for thinking that it did or would. It never has for console games; because console games do not ever, nor will they ever use your full bandwidth while playing the game. Once you understand this, then the rest becomes easier to understand.

     

    Your dns is important, do not use the dns that your isp gives you. Most times these are just recursive dns and are actually slower and less reliable even from the big name isps. If wired make sure there is not a lot of distance between you and the router and the router and the modem. make sure it is a windows/xbl certified router any other router will not work at optimum levels for the console if is an xbox in many cases and can lead to game performance issues.

     

    Make sure if using a hdtv that you turn off all post processing features, these add in artificial display lag and cause you to see something different then what the box actually gets. Make sure your tv is really rated for gaming and check around to find out its refresh rate and other settings related to how fast the screen updates with new images. many hdtvs even the new ones are not really designed for fps games, they may work well with rpg or racing games where the action is slow but do not work well with fast paced games like fps games.

     

    Understand and accept and realize that no matter how good your connection is, that is only 1 part of the total equation during the match. It is the person you are shooting at or is shooting at you that also matters greatly.

     

    So in the end do not complain or think that 3arc or the game is punishing you and just because you pay for a higher bandwidth you are guranteed or entitled to a better game, for this is never true and never will be in online console games ever.

  • Re: Cheesed off at being screwed over because I pay for the best.

    I have 5 down .8 up and I'm host 95% of the time. This game either loves you or hates you and it ******* hates me with a passion.

     

    I doubt the issues are with people having the best net in the land as I clearly don't