21 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2012 1:35 PM by 1971wilko RSS

Most people will not reply to this post....

blackOPSpoo

Because it's going to be a post about how bad the connectivity is in this game. 

Most people playing this game have terrible Internet connections and excel in this game.  They're a half second in front of the good players (who typically take Internet gaming seriously and upgrade their Internet connection) and therefore (because they have the every room out connected) are excelling in this game. 

YES!   Unite bad players.  This is you chance to really achieve at an FPS!!!!   Black Ops 2 is for you!

DO NOT BUMP THIS TREAD AND CALL TO ATTENTION HOW BAD THE CONNECTIVITY IS FOR SERIOUS PLAYERS!!!!

• Re: Most people will not reply to this post....
    BowNaRRowYerMum

I personally think, regardless of the strength of your connection, we all have been experiencing some form of this lag you speak of, in one shape or form.

macca_96

People need to accept that lag it a part of online gaming

spankhiccup

yes of course lag is apart of every online game, but not this much. Its complete BS!!!

I shoot first i die. I get about a million hit markers. The enemy get 3-4 on me and i am dead. I have never been so frustrated at a game. I have been able to hold my own in all cods so far and have a solid 2kd. This i am barely touching 1.4 and dropping.

rlbl

this is 100% true...

But is also true is when you do get the 2-4 kill, someone was trying to kill you with a full clip and are screaming at their TVs.

Side Bar (not directed at anyone)

Many people only think about what happens to them; not considering what might be being experienced by those on receiving end.

(ever take a BB gun and go squirrel hunting? I am betting the squirrels don't like it very much )

monkeylord

rlbl wrote:

this is 100% true...

But is also true is when you do get the 2-4 kill, someone was trying to kill you with a full clip and are screaming at their TVs.

Yeah but for thoese of us suffering from the 20+ hitmarkers only to be killed by someone using the tracers to return fire and drop you in 2 shots we don't often get the 2-3 shot kill and it's been that way since MW3.

~shrug~The reality of COD now is some think of guns in 2-3 shot kill weapons others have to think more in the terms of  6-9 shot weapons.

The 2-3 shot people tell the 6-9 shot people "It's not so bad and it doesn't happen as often as you think"

The 6-9 shot people just shake their heads and wait for extended mags so they can nab a whole 3 kills before having to reload.

rlbl

lol

fair

Have you never dropped someone (no matter how many bullets it took) and you hear them say "You laggy mofo, I shot you 1st!!!"

When I hear that, I know it is the universe balancing things out for all the times I see people drop shot me, after I am already dead.

monkeylord

rlbl wrote:

Have you never dropped someone (no matter how many bullets it took) and you hear them say "You laggy mofo, I shot you 1st!!!"

I wish lol I hit from side on and 50% of the time still have to do the bunny hop dance whilst pumping bulletts into them. Me and the mrs just hang on for the 1st map pack to drop as that thins out the people who have that edge over us.

It's never gonna be perfect but the worst is always the first couple of months where it's just clench time.

strigoimuzik

Same here. KD now is horrible.

BTW, How do I know if Im host?

i know its the same old argument but MW1,WaW and MW2 wasnt as bad as B/Ops MW3 and B/Ops2... hands up who know's why lol

rlbl

theory (and just a theory):

- Not talking about numbers (i.e. people online), but it is possible that the game was not sold in as many places as it is now? (BFN)

- matchmaking? how is it possiblel that someone from Canada (like me) get thrown into a lobby with people from the UK.  The problem is not the quality of their internet service. That lobby is gonna seriously lag, even if we are both on 100u/100d with 10ms ping to our perspective local hosts.

Out

I have found that setting the connection option to "best", helps me deal with the lag ........its not perfect, but it does help,  the biggest downfall is the search times.......

I never played W@W or Mw1 or Mw2 online so i cant compare the lag issues......but compared to mw3 the option to pick the best connection  has helped some

Are you seriously suggesting that because you pay for superior Internet you should have an advantage?!? HAAAAA

The days of MW1, WAW, MW2 & BO's when you gained an advantage from your superior internet, hosting 9/10 games, are gone! haha

Connection is no longer King!

Since MW3 the devs have recognised that they needed to level the playing field! I think it's fair to say they may have gone a little too far, but the intention is sound! The harsh truth is for 99% of us playing MW3 the connection was PERFECT. I do recognise there were issues for those hosting, but they were OBVIOUSLY the HUGE minority!

This game is an issue for everyone, REGARDLESS OF INTERNET 'STRENGTH' we're all suffering because we're not playing others with the same connection standard as ourselves!

I have crap Internet and I am suffering terribly, but I'm not selfish and ignorant enough to think I am the only one suffering, or that its anyone else's fault other than the developers, stop trying to find someone else to blame, maybe you're just crap?!

I love you idiots that think you were good in previous COD's, when infact you have 5000mb broadband, haha, and I get such pleasure listening to you crying about it now you realise you're not as good as you thought you were, haha!

semperfi550

N8thanAshley wrote:

I have crap Internet and I am suffering terribly, but I'm not selfish and ignorant enough to think I am the only one suffering, or that its anyone else's fault other than the developers, stop trying to find someone else to blame, maybe you're just crap?!

I love you idiots that think you were good in previous COD's, when infact you have 5000mb broadband, haha, and I get such pleasure listening to you crying about it now you realise you're not as good as you thought you were, haha!

Exactly. I have a crappy connection also I'm seeing both sides of it just as everyone else. Just yesterday some guy ran through 30 rounds of my LSW and knifed me. A little while before that some guy started shooting at me first and i still won even though i shot really late. Everyone gets screwed at some point regardless of your connection. I would sorta rather have this then one guy running around with host and completely dominate everyone else.

1971wilko

But what you are saying is selfish.  You talk about the host being in the minority - this is true, but if the people with good connections stop playing - how long before you become host.

This is better than MW3 was, and probably on a par with BLOPS, we don't expect to get an advantage for having a good connection we expect it to be fair.  In 4 and WaW only the host got an advantage, so if you were getting hammered in that, and doing well now it's not everybody else that's crap it's you.

I am by no means trying to be a fan boy or call attention to another game, but I have played BF3, who use dedicated servers btw, since day one and have never experienced the LAG COMP atrocity that is going on in BO2! I like BO2, but it seems that post 1.03 patch hit this problem has escalated and is affecting quite a number of people, myself included.

My inet speed test yielded results of 4meg down and 1meg up which I know is not the best that is out there, but is still significantly fast. I will give them a chance to fix this LAG issue and if not then I will resort back to MW3 which works a whole lot better.

hyper72

I did great at mw3 even though i could never knife anyone first because of the lag comp which i hated..... But this is gone to another lvl prob be the last cod game i will get not good for the stress lvl anymore. The fun has been removed to benefit garbage internet muppets, with artificial lag Why Why Why.

Highwayman0226

I've had good games, mostly bad as of late.  I run an upgraded cable isp.  Generally 75/10, ping from east coast to west in around 80ms (sounds a lil high, but maybe not, it IS pretty far).  I've had games where I can't miss, and games where I can't hit.  No consistancy what so ever.  I'm hoping they give this a little more attention than they did in MW3.  I'm thinking it's the match making though.  I'm fairly consistantly put in lobbies with people speaking other languages.  Sure, it's possible that people live near me are speaking french or portuguese, but probably not.  They had issues in the past with people in other countries not able to get games, so they expanded the match making.  So I guess you can blame the lag on the popularity of the game.