18 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2012 11:55 AM by SuspectOnFoot RSS

Why Reporting Emblems is Frowned Upon?

I report every sexual emblem that I see, and I tell the person once I do it. Why does everyone get on my case for doing this?

I'm not offended by such images, BUT since I refrain from having a sexual emblem (because I don't want to risk getting banned), I don't want anyone else to enjoy having such an emblem and get away with it.

How is my reporting not justified?

• Re: Why Reporting Emblems is Frowned Upon?
    BowNaRRowYerMum

Most people assume that this game should be allowed to have offensive emblems, because this game is made for a crowd 18+, so therefore if you report these said behaviours.. it could be frowned upon cause they feel it maybe childish. YET, it is your right to be able to report these emblems, because we ALL have this option. Your best bet is to just report whatever you see fit, and you should not have any reason to even share that you have done so with anyone, to rid of any chances of being rediculed. Just a personal opinion for you. Hope it helped.

40UP

Why bother telling them let them be surprised with the emblem reset an lock. I report an keep it to myself I like knowing that they think they are getting away with something.

My friend thought it was cool that his emble was rude till he got a rest an emblem lock, the second time he got a 24 hour ban, the third time  wasn't pretty they banned him from the game he had to make an new account.

Message was edited by: 40UP

JC480

The reason i always report such emblems is because they are ruining it for everyone. Not many games give you the freedom to actually make your own emblem and morons like these are the reason why!!

If too many people keep doing emblems like that then next time COD wont even give us the option to make our own emblems.

How many times do we have to see an emblem of some guys cock -.-  do we REALLY need to see this? 

Report FTW!!!!

BowNaRRowYerMum

lmao. yeah some of the creativity for these emblems are ...pretty priceless, yet .. not everyone wants to see that junk. just be courteous, yet.. we should know better lol. most of the people who play cod are in their 20s..so I mean, ... not many of them care, and many of them laugh it off.

I wish I could report people going to Domination just for kills...

BowNaRRowYerMum

I face the same issue with Capture the Flag, people are there for the kills.. not for objective, thats why I'm proud to admit and claim, that my clan KIN, are one of the few clans who hunt out spawntrappers, and purposely map control their area and capture continuous flags, yet.. then we face the issue of people just rage quitting and most of the time it goes to "lost connection to host" then we receive a loss for this, which doesn't seem right for those of us who genuinely get the wins, yet receive a loss for this ... dumb.

JGDC74

Normally I would never report an emblem. I think people should be able to put whatever they like in it, regardless of how offensive it may be. Things like swastikas, even though you may hate them, add that little bit of extra hatred to the game and can make you really want to beat that person!

I did however report a swastika once in BO1, but the reason was mainly because he annoyed me in the game! The guy was teaming with someone in a FFA in Hanoi, and they each put a portable radar at each end of that long room, and it was almost impossible to kill them with the lag advantage they had as well. And when I saw the swastika, I just had to report him after!

Report and move on.

Letting them know will only result in false reports against you and cyber stalkers.

BanHaMMer

SuspectOnFoot wrote:

I report every sexual emblem that I see, and I tell the person once I do it. Why does everyone get on my case for doing this?

I'm not offended by such images, BUT since I refrain from having a sexual emblem (because I don't want to risk getting banned), I don't want anyone else to enjoy having such an emblem and get away with it.

How is my reporting not justified?

Are you one of these far right fundamentalists

It is only a game after all, no?

As I stated in the post you quoted: "...I'm not offended by such images...".

The fact that I report those emblems has nothing to do with my beliefs about profanity/sexual content, but rather to justify my choice to refrain from having such an emblem, due to the possibility of being reported.

(Basically if I can't do it, then I will make sure that nobody else can either.)