31 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2012 2:25 PM by 40UP RSS

The Betty Problem

lifeson90

i know you can use the engineer perk to see equipment through walls etc but i still gotta say as someone who only plays ffa really that these bouncing bettys are really littering maps in this game, to the point where its slightly spoiling it imo, theyre just too easy a kill and require hardly any skill at all, the claymores are different you can spot their lasers a mile off and you generally have to position them well in doorways etc but everyones running around flipping their R2 paddle everytime they spawn and usually getting a betty kill with it

i dont blame them either, i mean if your objective is to win why not flip a betty everytime you spawn its kills for nothing, but its taking something away from the skill factor i think... without complaining too much as i've started using them myself to compensate, i personally hope the next cod addresses this issue.

• Re: The Betty Problem
    Ungrateful_Dead

Actually, if you use scavenger you can have two betty's out at once.  If one goes off you can throw another if you happen to run over a scavenger pack.  It's a strategy now, people can camp and/or cover their flank with them.

betties are so weak in this game i dont know why people still use them between enginer, black hat, and the abilty to just crouch or pron past them taking no damage they are almost useless....heck if you are quick enough you can run around and when u here it going off you can drop to prone and avoid damage (seen it a few times)

t-fibby

Yes you can see a lot more of those now that people have levelled up, but just as you said use engireeng or flak jacket if you're in a game where people spam Betty's, it's annoying but not an issue.

ghamorra

The only problem with Bettys that I have is how mine always seem to kill me. This might seem like a rare circumstance but its not:

I placed a Betty down in the workout room of Hijacked to defend a popular running route to our flag. It was close to an exterior wall and as soon as it landed a guy ran past outside (as in on the other side of the wall) and it triggered the Betty killing me

This happens so much that I often stopped placing them in areas I know I'll be. I probably die once every couple matches from my own BB

Lol, well atleast you're learning haha.

BanHaMMer

ghamorra wrote:

The only problem with Bettys that I have is how mine always seem to kill me. This might seem like a rare circumstance but its not:

I placed a Betty down in the workout room of Hijacked to defend a popular running route to our flag. It was close to an exterior wall and as soon as it landed a guy ran past outside (as in on the other side of the wall) and it triggered the Betty killing me

This happens so much that I often stopped placing them in areas I know I'll be. I probably die once every couple matches from my own BB

@"G" yes I noticed this to, so I don't run with them any more.

TRU11

lightweight or extreme conditioning and you run right pass them it seems.

or lagg delay lol.

also going prone you can avoid them.

destroying them also earns you points.

also this whole game seemed to have been dumbed down to suit the masses.

most weapons dont have recoil, hip firing is easy and aim assist let you get shot through a wall with ease it seems lol.

lets just wait till the connection stuff is sorted out and we then will get a better picture of whats good and wrong.

Flack, Scavvy, engineer. Tactician + 4 x EMP and you're solid.

I don't understand the problem really. I look at it like the headglitch issues. For every spot, there is one to counter. Same goes for perks. You can't be prepared for everything with one class set up, which makes it a good thing that there are multiple CaC's.

monkeylord

Betty is easily overcome with the help of the black hat it's hack time is pretty much instant. Whenever I see one I hack it then fire a few rounds to draw the person it belongs to out and it's a free kill.

BanHaMMer

monkeylord wrote:

Betty is easily overcome with the help of the black hat it's hack time is pretty much instant. Whenever I see one I hack it then fire a few rounds to draw the person it belongs to out and it's a free kill.

errrr *cough* no video? *cough*

monkeylord

BanHaMMer wrote:

errrr *cough* no video? *cough*

I would but my theater is screwed it records a seemingly random amount of time between 24 seconds up to 5 minutes and I can't even render what it records. Me and the mrs have been on the wrong side of the launch with issues up the wazoo

Betties are the same in MW3. You can go prone and avoid them, but in BO2 if you are running and hear a betty, it's over. You'll do that dumb dolphin dive and die because your guy is flying through the air and the betty is right in your face. And thats why a lot of people don't like the betty.

sennalike

For every negative there is a positive, I want people to keep laying Betties, I keep spamming EMP grenades and get nice points and every now and then if any enemy is near the betty I get a kill at the same time.  Loving it.

spankhiccup

Bettys are great. I used to be a C4 person. Now i run with bettys. Only equip 1 and have on scav. You get one for free. I get so many kills from them. Lay your 2 down in high traffic spots and get 2 free kills.

I use them and love em. You get just teh right angle and you can toss empretty far too.

I like all the points I get blowing them up too. It is the classic Win/Win.

Yeah... dont drop them where you are going to stand... Seems like a no brainer...

Flak Jacket, Tactical Mask. End of story.

I love running around with Flak Jacket and Tactical Mask cuz you feel so damn invincible against morons still throwing around bettys and shock charges with the seemingly idiotic certainty you're gonna be stopped by them when you just mow them down BAHAHAHHAA

Not being able to counter them just shows how little you can adapt. I only have 1 class with a betty and that's in my CTF class for League Play ... meanwhile I'm running Lightweight, Flak Jacket, Tactical Mask and Extreme Conditioning while my betty is on our flag.

Times I get killed while capturing their flag because of 2 betties and 4 shock charges laying on it: 0.

Times I kill the enemy flag carrier because he doesn't run the same class: I lost count.

Lunar---tick

Engineer and black hat is perfect for this, hack whilst rushing. Your game stlye doesnt change at all, the opponents equipment becomes yours instantly. Got many kills with it, taking down uav, etc etc. It also builds your score streak aswell.

A funny moment on hijacked, i was underneith and a player up top with a betty. Both of us had black hat, i'd hack his betty, he'd hack it back, i'd hack it again and so forth. More people are starting to run this setup now so not as effective but none the less you still catch out the unsuspecting. For the first time i actually like tactical equipment. I gave up on flash/ concusion etc a long time ago mostly because i kept getting myself with them.

AvgGamer

Skill in COD are tactics,  this is a tactic.

kwamma

Meh I only see them on nuketown. I get killed by C4 way more than betty's. I don't think they are a "problem"

There's no problem with any explosives, that's what Flak Jacket is for.

40UP

Umm the real problem is that claymore have red lasers showing you where they are an betties don't why the hell do claymore still have lasers on them that is visible to enemies betties are virtually hidden unless you have the perk on.

Jaggajatt187

I just don't like the fact that the game tells you when someone destroys your equipment. So even after destorying 2 shock chargers and a a bouncing betty the guy just sits there waiting for me to come around the corner. It's basically a camper warning system, if you have engineer equipped the game shouldn't warn the other person that you destroyed their equipment.

40UP

If they destroy my equipment it just tells me it's time to move on or where not to go for a little while.