13 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2012 7:37 AM by ragnorok5 RSS

Lag Compensation

Bettis123

I guess it decides when it wants to work.. I had a stretch of 3 games were I did kick ass and i had a 5,000 score a game. Then I get it, I get dropped by one bullet, and none of my shots even register, causing me to rage quit. So, how the hell does this system work?

• Re: Lag Compensation
    avengedyesterday

Bettis123 wrote:

I guess it decides when it wants to work.. I had a stretch of 3 games were I did kick ass and i had a 5,000 score a game. Then I get it, I get dropped by one bullet, and none of my shots even register, causing me to rage quit. So, how the hell does this system work?

I dunno, might have to check one of the thousand lag comp threads.

Sounds like you got the extreme of both. Got the good side and felt unstoppable then later got the other end.

Tis life, consider yourself luck you got to have some fun on the good end.

ghamorra

Look down a few threads for my thread "lag compensation explained", it has all you need to know

DaShuk2381

This is the main reason I waited and didn't buy Black Ops 2. I had the same issue on MW3. I have tested my internet out to 2000+ miles from my house and the highest my ping ever hit was 60ms. I would go 25-5 one game, then turn around and go 6-18 the next, it was next to impossible to play consistently or have a stretch of good games w/o having some absolutely god awful games. Glad that I didn't waste $60 on this broken game.

There are a few things you can do to improve your connection, depending on your connection speed, line quality and router.

First off, visit www.portforward.com find your router from the list and follow the simple instructions to open the ports for PSN and CoD.

Second, set your PS3 to have a static IP, then go to your routers ConFig page and put your PS3 in DMZ mode.

Finally, this may or may not apply to you depending on your connection speed.

So what is your speed, (download, upload and ping)????

BowNaRRowYerMum

I'd advise not to rage quit. Rage stinks, and being a sore loser is too lol.

Heres some food for thought. My ping never goes any higher than 40ms and thats when I am sitting outside and connecting to a server from Okalamoma. My Upload/download are in 10-15mbs so thats not the issue. Its lag compensation that adds artifical lag to my connection. I tested and the lag comp added 180ms to my ping. It is broken as well as the matchmaking seeing how I get mached up with UK guys when I am NOT in a party.(I live on East Coast US) I am taking a break from BLOPS II until this issue is resolved. 

This game doesn't even work properly offline, I notice frame skipping and imput lag against bots offline on HD settings.

So yeah look if your tv has imput lag while playing offline. Find your optimal resolution until you don't notice any lag offline. Plenty of new tvs have a game mode otherwise play on a monitor, but you will need to buy cables to make that work via your ps3.

Even then the game is unplayable if you have a very low ping. Easiest way to make the game playable is by playing on a wireless net with your router in another lobby. You will keep a 4 bar with a good network, however your ping should decrease giving you the normal experience in normal lobbies with good hosts. I would also avoid hosting by capping your upload speed if you can with QoS settings in your router

I play wired atm, but its a very long one. On my short one I want to strangle the devs.