1 12 13 14 15 16 Previous Next 153 Replies Latest reply: Apr 5, 2013 3:20 AM by Erijian_Aruseus Go to original post RSS
  • 140. Re: Getting owned by lag
    t-fibby

Yes it played a lot better before. I am also absolutely loving the game, but the current connection issues will kill it (and possibly future CoD titles) for me.

I'm suspecting they messed with the matchmaking to get as many people online as possible because many have not been able to access the public matches or mp at all last week, and ended up disabling or crippling the different search preferences we have in the game.

• 141. Re: Getting owned by lag
    t-fibby

http://community.callofduty.com/message/413598388#413598388 improvements for matchmaking ? They must have taken lessons from IW on how to make things worse by patching them, it wasn't broken in the first place and now it is. The forum is flooded with lag related threads after 1.03.

• 142. Re: Getting owned by lag
    WolfRidge

Stange thing is there is no mention of LAG or netcode etc (in update notes), but something has definitely changed in performance since the patch and not in a good way. Looking at other community threads it has affected a lot of people ( the numbers don't lie )

• 143. Re: Getting owned by lag
    t-fibby

The changes to matchmaking are causing the lag issues, they made so called improvements but all it did is put people with various ping ranges together in same lobbies in order to make finding matches faster. That's also the reason we are now seeing multinational lobbies. Many lag related issues originate from poor matchmaking, they do not have to make changes to lag compensation to mess things up.

So now using the Best-search option gives us a lobby a few seconds faster, and in return allows people with 2bar, 3bar and 4bar play together in the same lobby. It did not take too long to find a lobby in the first place, nor was the matchmaking broken so why the hell make changes ? Go figure. I would accept finding me a lobby taking a lot longer it does now, and a lot longer it used to if the connection would be decent like it was on launch.

• 144. Re: Getting owned by lag
    hopskipjump

they clearly changed something during/after patch 1.03. There was no lag issues for me or any of my friends until that patch or network tweaks that went in there. Since then i lag everywhere same as above posters

• 145. Re: Getting owned by lag
    t-fibby

Yes they ruined the game, you cannot find good lobbies even with "Best" anymore. We need to keep the forum flooded to get their attention to revert the changes made, and maybe people could tweet Vahn about this issue too.

• 146. Re: Getting owned by lag

after this patch i'm experiencing super lag, this is a new strain of lag cooked up in treyarch labs sent out to specifically target low ping players, resistence is futile, you will be targeted and rendered useless on the battlefield, there is no fair play you are simply cannon fodder almost like bot training for your opponents.

• 147. Re: Getting owned by lag
    t-fibby

It's just amazing, just played a match of Multiteam and the was a guy rocking the Moroccon flag as his emblem, if he really was from there the matchmaking fails hard as i'm from Finland.. At one point i shot him 8 times to his back with an S12 shottie and a hitmarker with every shot, he turned around and killed me. They have complety ruined this game for and for everyone i know with the latest patch.

• 148. Re: Getting owned by lag

I came on here to say that I have been experiencing the same lag/hit detection problems since the 1.03 patch.  Everything was fine before the patch but the game is almost unplayable now.  The crazy thing is that I've noticed some of the worst lag/hit detection when I am host.

• 149. Re: Getting owned by lag
    thebigb82

t-fibby wrote:

http://community.callofduty.com/message/413598388#413598388 improvements for matchmaking ? They must have taken lessons from IW on how to make things worse by patching them, it wasn't broken in the first place and now it is. The forum is flooded with lag related threads after 1.03.

if they took lessons from iw it would be like mw2's search by ping, but the new iw made the terrible system that's used in mw3