11 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2012 11:52 AM by sstang1 RSS

Any idea on how to prevent the freezing?

GonchiJ

So.. I can barely play. It lasts two or three games and it freezes the whole system, and I have to restart the whole thing and its starting to get annoying. I never had this problems from level 1-55 (the first 2-3 days the game was out), the patch came out and it was running nicely until soon... Now I'm freezing every time, any suggestions on how to avoid this?

• Re: Any idea on how to prevent the freezing?
    GonchiJ

Oh, and sometimes it starts loading and stops at about 2/5 of the loading bar and just stays there. Happened right after it froze, I've played one game in the last 55 minutes.

EDIT: Its getting worse now, the 'loading problem' has happened twice in a row so I thought well maybe its KC altogether so I moved to teamdeathmatch, killed someone, ran 3 meters and it froze again. I'm losing my patience now..

if its freezing during games i have no idea but mine used to freeze on the matchmaking screen all the time and all i do now is press the middle button on the controller and bring up the XBM screen while finding a match and keep it up until the game actually starts. that works for me, let me knw if it works for you too

GonchiJ

Mine used to freeze at matchmaking before the patch and a couple times after the patch; before it got patched, it used to happen all the time too! Two days ago, it randomly started crashing while the map's loading or when I'm playing and it seems it doesn't crash on the matchmaking anymore (or perhaps its not getting the opportunity to do so because I can't even play one full game). It gets annoying to be on a streak and to not get killed by your enemies, but by Treyarch instead. As of now, I can't play anymore. I've wasted more time turning on and off my PS3 than actually playing the game (Because my only game lasted around 12 seconds, in which I ran out of a door, killed someone and it froze), the other 12-15 attempts of playing got stuck when the map was loading. I don't think its a hardware problem because I've been off since 7 am to 5 pm today and my little bro has been playing other games while I was gone without any issues. I would like this problem to be addressed soon, I didn't pre-order bops to not be able to play.

stop playing till they patch it, thats the only way you will stop it, gl...

I've got a brilliant idea how to stop your ps3 from freezing. Take Blops 2 out of your machine and never put it back in.

Are you on firmware 4.30 or 4.31 it is an optional update so you can be online with 4.30 or 4.31 but 4.31 is for some ps3 software freezing I updated to 4.31 and have not froze since to bad both Sony and Activision will do nothing to inform us of this we are left to figure this out on our own.

sstang1

Have you done the texture install - seems that people have less problems when the files are installed to their hard drive - Go under Multiplayer - options - bottom option is install files to hard drive.

Also - when in multiplayer - just sit in the lobby and wait for match to start - don't look at other peoples player cards - stats etc. - I've heard that if you are looking at these when the match is about to start it can cause freezing.