5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2012 3:48 PM by adw1983 RSS

DO TREYARCH JUST TRY TO HARD?

IMO Treyarch just try a little to hard.

They seem to be so pre occupied with balance that their games end up losing the fun arcade style factor that has made the series so good.

It may be extreme oppinion, but its almost like treyarch want to take the series down a more realistic path.

They try to please everybody, and end up pleasing nobody?

My harsh analogy is that Treyarch are like the sister that just tries to hard to be liked at school, Infinity ward is the fun sister that dosnt need to try, shes just more fun.

• Re: DO TREYARCH JUST TRY TO HARD?

no ,  not hard enough

to busy spending your money.......Ha Ha

gotta disagree, this game is about as "arcade" as it gets. Even in hardcore.

brsox

I agree that IWs games are more fun. Like you said, it feels like Treyarch takes away from the crazy arcade feel of the MW series. I do not understand Treyarch's idea of balance either. Some things they have done with BO2, I just will never understand.

danielbondnz

Ghost change was a good idea in theory,  and I liked it.  But now playing tactically is hard. I liked to run around but then take a moment to check my path was safe. Can't to that now. Also hate that it. Takes to long to duck behind Cover now. Can't wait for the next infinity ward installment. Minus the death streaks I maintain mw3 was a great game,  I always stuck to that through the hate times it got.

adw1983

Realistic path.

-Maps that are more arcade than any cod before this

Assault rifles killing in 5 hits on their realistic optimal range, while SMGs kill in 3 hits on their isn't realistic.

A compact sniper rifle (SVU) aiming slower than a long bolt action rifle (Ballista) isn't realistic.

It's compact for a reason.