22 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2012 2:48 PM by nicedrewishfela RSS

Bouncing Betty OP?

This only seems to be a problem for me in FFA. I'd say every other death of mine is from a Bouncing Betty. People just throw them down when they spawn and so when I respawn in their place I have zero time to dodge it. Even if I hear one go off that I trigger, when I try to go prone to dodge it, I dolphin dive which lifts my body in the air so I still get killed. Anyone else finding these a problem?

• Re: Bouncing Betty OP?
    r33k

hear it go off, duck/crouch. you will survive, or run engineer perk (has special function like stalker pro to delay explosion)

English Johnnie

It is kind of mad that blast radius, I usually sprint past them and haven't got time to crouch/prone and just die like a fool.

codchamp

Are they OP. No. In a game where the enemey spawns directly behind or next to you, then this is a great piece of equipment to have. Instead of grenades i run double betties on every class now. I chuck them in all corners or throw them over walls and up in to 2nd floor windows. because of betties my life span has increased by double and it is the one piece of equipment that helps the spawns.

codchamp wrote:

Are they OP. No. In a game where the enemey spawns directly behind or next to you, then this is a great piece of equipment to have. Instead of grenades i run double betties on every class now. I chuck them in all corners or throw them over walls and up in to 2nd floor windows. because of betties my life span has increased by double and it is the one piece of equipment that helps the spawns.

This.

banned-again

im loving the fact everyone seems to running bouncing bettys ive had loads of kills off of them while using engineer and the black hat pda they take less than a second to hack then boom free kill

codchamp

I have not used the black hat as of yet. But i think that item is going tobe a big problem coming up in the next week or two. Once people figure out the type of damage they really do.

I got barely any kills from sentry's lastnight because they all got hacked and destroyed within seconds. Same goes for any other score streaks. That thing renders all good score streaks that are relativley easy to get for the common player useless. Time will tell.

I used to only run betties first 2 days afters release but now I don't even put lethals on and just usually run tactical insertion and fine tune either perks or my primary; oh do I love the 10 item system. I only ever use betties on like SnD now.

Scorr

Go prone lmao.

Nullifies all damage and even easier if you can dive. Only problem is when an enemy chucks it at you.

cwatz

Go prone.  Its so easy to avoid them.

i just wish they were a little louder.

ctrl-s

LL Betty Tossing

vims1990

Flak Jacket?

Engineer?

There are counters to it. You just have to adjust your classes if players are using Bouncing Bettys.

electricfuneralfire

I hate to say that I even did this but on SnD the other day in Turbine I came face to face with an enemy about 10 feet away. As soon as we seen eachother there was a host migration.

Im not gonna lie the dude had me, my crosshairs werent anywhere near him.

So as its counting down for the restart, I see the dude on the right side of my screen aiming right at me. So I just started tapping the right bump button and as soon as the game resumed I tossed out the betty simultaniously as the dude killed me.

I watched him try to jump away in vein as my betty landed right by is feet and killed.

Im ashamed of myself. If this dude is on here I apologize for my actions.

codblackice

Can you survive one IRL lol? Equip flak jacket and let me know what you think of those betties.

-Ice

unl0adingr0ry

Just go prone when you hear a betty go off!

parnezzi

SMGs with lightweight seem to not be affected by the blast at all, you wouldn't believe how many times ive hacked one and had some guy with a SMG and lightweight just warp past it or it explodes right on them and nothing happens

nicedrewishfela

Seriously not OP. Easily seen with Engineer or delayed if it comes to that. Easily Hacked with a Black Hat... in fact have gotten numerous kills from hacked Betties, since I never equip them myself.

Hear it go off, hit the ground. I have even avoided them by simply crouching, not even going prone.