7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2012 9:04 AM by DiNj0 RSS

Call of Duty is for NOOBS

Now let me get this strait so you guys don't attack me. BO2 is a good game don't get me wrong but my main point is Call of Duty is going in a direction of taking away from good players tactics and rewarding or making it easier for noobs.

This video pretty much explains my point
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6TBebpNxEI

• Re: Call of Duty is for NOOBS
    Ss78_

I'm sorry but the guy on that video rambles a bit much for me to watch the whole thing. It's a popular game and we were all new once. The game changes with every installment. They took out death streaks, last stand, made it harder to camp, made the scorestreaks harder to get, emphasized going ftw, added league play which in turn added competitiveness, tried to balance out the weapons to even the playing field, created a pick 10 system where you have to choose your set up wisely.

A new player will not be good at this game straight away or able to win in different game modes without adapting to each new installment and learning the fundamentals. Some people only pop in and out for some fun and there's playlists for that too.

If they didn't attract new players the game would get pretty stale and it's not an easy balance to entice the new and keep the old happy. They have changed so much that the community wanted but still didn't forget to make it appealing to the newcomer.

We were all noobs once and are sometimes too quick to forget it.

I like the game and I will have to say it's probably the best one yet but my point is they keep taking away tactics from experienced players like sound whoring. That's bs. How can I not hear footsteps right next to me. I can see if it wasn't like ninja but none at all?

Ss78_

Tbh since all I've read was 'can't hear footsteps' threads I've not even tried awareness yet. I do get annoyed with the sound of my own footsteps though and find the silencer is something you can hear from myself or the enemy. I use x41's myself and I do hear the enemy talking alot to give away their location or so it seems. I'm not an snd player though so it doesn't effect me as much as snd players. When I'm running stealth using uav,counter uav and orbital vsat is quite effective. As much as I hate chasing red dots or even looking at the mini map it does help the team.

Yeah I am a strong SnD player. I even tried awareness and still it is pretty bad.

Ss78_

One thing's for sure now, nothing is set in stone and it might be changed, vahn likes to say how easy it is to tweak things behind his desk within a matter of minutes. Not quite sure if sound changes could be done that quick. There's a few strong posts about it in the 360 section you might  want to participate in. I don't feel as strongly about it as it's not game breaking for me unlike what I hear the snd players saying.

One thing I will say though is they want it to be more competitive but when you watched elite tv mw3 matches you kept on hearing the commentators saying watch out for them cranking up their headsets. So it is a well known tactic by the pros.

Exactly. A tactic pros use. On point with what I am talking about. I hope they fix it. There is a reason why people by $200-$300 headsets.

Sound in this game is odd you can hear them talk,reload shoot with silencers but yet you cant hear footsteps of a man carrrying a load of gear? I know vahn said something about footsteps only being a small percentage of what you can hear and i get that,like if they are in a certain area their silencer sounds different or hitting off something.like that map with the underground car park(not sure of the name)when they reload or shoot in there its a echoie kind of noise...Takes alot of getting used too like figuring out what area sounds like what..But I realy wish they upped the vo;ume on steps just a little,im not talking mw3 srp levels here just a little so there actualy audible.