14 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2012 10:27 AM by CBlue413 RSS

I signed up to whine with the rest of you...

Just a few things I have noticed about this game,  this forum and the players.

The game.  BLOPS2 is my first COD game and my first FPS game since R63V2.  I enjoyed R6 immensely and had hours upon hours of fun playing with my friends.  I am middle aged soon to eclipse 40.

I notice lag,  my connection sucks as does my skill.  Last night I was 1 and 20.  But I had fun.  I was the idiot running around with the biggest machine gun I could find laying down a swath of lead that didn't hit anything but containers and crashed planes.  I just bought Turtle Bays and the sound was incredible.  I unloaded clip after clip just to hear that beast fire.

So you're better than me,  I understand that.  You won't hear me whine because of lag or getting quick sniped or anything at all.  I enjoy escaping life for a while,  which is what games are about.

But why in the world are you whining about lower skilled players?  I am the one that gives you your accolades kid.  If it weren't for me you would be forced to fight people better than you,  so you could get your ass kicked more.... and then whine about that.  BTW I stabbed you in the back last night sucker.

People getting all bent out of shape over a game.  Quickscoping should be banned.  Noooo...you should learn how to play the game.  I hear all complaints about online play but none about campaign play.  Because campaign is what it is.  They shoot you,  you die.  You don't complain becasue you know you can't do anything about it.  You adapt.  You overcome and you eventually find a way around the obstacle.

Same in online play.  Stop complaining,  adapt and have fun. 

He quicksniped you?  Great,  good for him.  He is playing the game.  Play the game along with the nuances,  glitches,  good/bad players lag and everything else.

No nuketown?  So be it.  You are on like level 50 while I grind it out at level 20 because I am the one "destroying the game because I bought it a week after it came out and I camp and I can't play".  Really?  No appreciation for anythign at all,  spoiled little brats.  And this isn't just aimed at kids,  adults too.

Everyone just grow up,  enjoy the game,  help out the guy that goes 1 and 20 instead of degrading him.  He's on your team.

With that said,  the online play should group players in similar levels together.  I am level 20 or whatever you call it,  I should play with players close to me.  All of you high ranking players should be put together so you can't whine about me anymore.  I will miss shooting you in the head by accident though and taint stamping you afterwards.

Ben

• Re: I signed up to whine with the rest of you...

When OP said R63V2, I stopped caring about the thread.

Try league play. It places you in matches similar to your skill level. So unless players are just starting out, or purpousely down rating, there should always be people at your skill level in games.

Thanks haze.

Thanks for nothing other guy.  Why even bother to waste your time writing that? 

Rednecksniper39

Nothappy wrote:

Everyone just grow up,  enjoy the game, 

Ben

I enjoyed reading this thread. Espicially this part. I have always said that if people are not enjoying the game then don't play it. Don't whine and complain and try to make it something it isn't.

Wait are you

David Vonderhaar?

lol

+1 to you sir.

Hope you enjoy your stay. The kiddies these days have entitlement issues, they think that because their parents bought them a game everything should always work perfect and when it doesn't they think crying on these forums will accomplish something.

Writing coherent well thoughout complaints go a long way, you rarely see anyone who does this getting bashed here.

perhaps one of the best posts regarding this game i have read to date.  good for you, i hope you enjoy your gaming experience. i enjoy the game myself!

signed - a 46 year old gamer

perhaps one of the best posts regarding this game i have read to date.  good for you, i hope you enjoy your gaming experience. i enjoy the game myself!

you're new which is why you're not getting why people are complaining. Skilled players welcome the noobs. you're fresh meat and we're out to make you to never want to play this game again. It's a great accomplishment. Any who. Had you been around a while you'd know the other games were much smoother as far as game play goes. And the developers didn't try to make the game fair for everyone. Like you said "you adapt." And if you don't; too bad for you. What good is having ghost on if everyone can see you? Why even have sniper rifles? Why make smg's more useful than AR's? It was never a run and gun game. When you take strategy out of the game it becomes useless and a mindnumblingly stupid game. Let the player dictate the outcome not the developers.

Nothappy wrote:

But why in the world are you whining about lower skilled players?

Quickscoping should be banned.  Noooo...you should learn how to play the game.  I hear all complaints about online play but none about campaign play.  Because campaign is what it is. 

Everyone just grow up,  enjoy the game, 

help out the guy that goes 1 and 20 instead of degrading him.  He's on your team.

Ben

1. People are moaning at you because you probably lost a team based match single handedly by going 1 and 20?

2. No Quickscoping in the Campaign.

3. I'm older than you and I am grown up, I am enjoying the game, but I don't know of a better place to give the developers. feedback than the official forums.

4. How do you help a guy that just unloads clip after clip of an LMG just to hear the noise it makes in his headset? What you are doing is ruining the game for the other guys on your team. I would respectfully suggest that you do that sort of thing in Free For All matches where it is only you who suffers the consequences of your cavalier actions.

I hope you enjoy the game and have hours of fun playing it, but please have a bit of consideration and respect for other people who want to enjoy it too.

CBlue413

My friends won't even buy the game because they played at my house the other night and it was horribly frustrating for them to get Run-N-Gun'd for a few hours.  Some of it was learning the new maps, but these are seasoned COD players struggling to get a single kill because everyone they shoot at turns around and kills them in one shot and everywhere they go someone runs around a corner and rocks them with an SMG.

Personally, I've taken to using a shotgun and riot shield with a flak jacket to counter the Run-N-Gun crowd and I'm really enjoying the game!

I agree with Ben, people need to voice their complaints in a constructive way and not just rage about lag or noobs or SMG's.  There's things to be said about each of those, but a lot of what I see is profanity and screaming.

If the game is really that bad, return it.