26 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2012 5:26 PM by afunkybudgie RSS

Concerning the UAV spam

Would just like to make a point.

I think it is fair to say most call of duty fans consider Cod4 to be the best of the series.

I've noticed people have also been critical of the amount of UAV spam in Black Ops 2 so far.

What I don't understand, though, is why so many complain about UAV spam, who also cherish Cod4,

even though Cod4 had the most UAV spam in the series? (set killstreaks forcing UAV use and lack of use of radar jammer)

• Re: Concerning the UAV spam

i think a fair point to say is that it dosent matter how many people complain about UAV's , everyone uses them.

the amount of people that moan about it on Headsets yet 10 seconds later they're uav is up is astonishing.

First COD4 had a slower pace than BO2, second better spawns and third you could counter it with UAV Jammer perk which is unlocked in the mid twenty ranks. To counter by a perk your rank must be maxed out to have ghost on or carry a launcher with you.

avengedyesterday

djangoblack wrote:

First COD4 had a slower pace than BO2, second better spawns and third you could counter it with UAV Jammer perk which is unlocked in the mid twenty ranks. To counter by a perk your rank must be maxed out to have ghost on or carry a launcher with you.

I herd you can counter it by shooting it down or using something called a counter UAV.

Not sure tho, just speculation.

otisman666

avengedyesterday wrote:

djangoblack wrote:

I herd you can counter it by shooting it down or using something called a counter UAV.

Not sure tho, just speculation.

Now come on, this can not be the case!  There is no cure to the UAV blues, just stop spreading these rumors.

fffeee

UAV was not over powered in COD4 because you lost it the moment you died...

Shoot down UAV's

kastro187420

Here's the difference between CoD4 and Black Ops 2:

Call of Duty 4 -

Everyone had access to the UAV Killstreak, but by around level 15 or 20 you also had access to the UAV Jammer perk, which easily countered the UAV. It wasn't an issue.

Black Ops 2 -

UAV is a default Unlock. The only perk that counters it is Ghost, which is a max-level unlock, and only works while you're moving. The Counter-UAV is a mid-level unlock, and the stinger (or whatever it's called) keeps you spinning around in circles trying to find the UAV, all the while showing up as a red dot for anyone nearby to kill you.

So you can see where the difference is and where the complaints come from. In Black Ops 2, they went out of their way to make it so that a blind monkey can find people. This was because of all the complaints by people who played too much Pac-Man and got used to chasing down dots, they couldn't stand the fact that sometimes they actually had to look around to find someone.

So they took to Youtube and twitter and basically spammed Vahn for 2 years regarding the "overpowered ghost perk", completely exaggerated the problem, and eventually he caved to pressure and nerfed the perk into near uselessness and turning the game into "Call of Duty: Pac-Man Edition" where the goal is to just chase dots everywhere on the map.

redx165

People use to blame Ghost for everything but the real problem is the UAV. I had to use one of my prestige tokens on Ghost just so I can run around without being known. They've weaken ghost too much for them not to weaken the UAV. The UAV should be a 475 points to balance the game more. In Black Ops 2 it seems like the new blackbird is the UAV.

~THE NOOB KILLER

vims1990

redx165 wrote:

People use to blame Ghost for everything but the real problem is the UAV. I had to use one of my prestige tokens on Ghost just so I can run around without being known. They've weaken ghost too much for them not to weaken the UAV. The UAV should be a 475 points to balance the game more. In Black Ops 2 it seems like the new blackbird is the UAV.

~THE NOOB KILLER

I remember back on the MW3 & BO forums, you use to despise Ghost/Assassin.

I'm glad you understand why Ghost/Assassin is so popular and I agree with you.

Ghost is Balanced at last so leave it alone, I didnt mind Ghost but it got overused people started to sit in corners with it and just Camp the heck out of the Perk

Ghost should of been completley been removed.

Things that can be used to remove someones UAV (in no certain order):

1) Launchers (1 point of class loadout)

2) Hunter killer drone (525 scorestreak)

3) Ghost (as long as you're standing and moving)

4) Emp Grenade (disables all electronics on screen for 10 sec's)

5) EMP (1300 score streak)

6) Counter UAV (600 scorestreak)

7) Blackhat (1 point of class loadout)

With everything this game has to counter the UAV spam its honestly not as bothersome as some believe it to be. You have to use the tools available to you to counter everything your enemies throw at you. Thats the point of the game.

MurderFace1 wrote:

Things that can be used to remove someones UAV (in no certain order):

1) Launchers (1 point of class loadout)

2) Hunter killer drone (525 scorestreak)

3) Ghost (as long as you're standing and moving)

4) Emp Grenade (disables all electronics on screen for 10 sec's)

5) EMP (1300 score streak)

6) Counter UAV (600 scorestreak)

7) Blackhat (1 point of class loadout)

With everything this game has to counter the UAV spam its honestly not as bothersome as some believe it to be. You have to use the tools available to you to counter everything your enemies throw at you. Thats the point of the game.

Exactly, extremely reasonable. UAVs aren't my concern, bigger ones are the higher killstreak rewards obtain through legit or .... hacks..

SilentDHBI

EMP grenades have an active radius of about 5 feet. How do you propose someone use that to take out a UAV, again?

wikked75

I personally dont mind uavs... Even though there seems to be at least 25 called in a game. Id personally like to see uav available to lower level ranks, then make it unavailable to higher ranks. Or vice-versa. Thered still be uavs, just not as many. After about 20 seconds into a match, they are virtually called in constantly from both teams. Theres a lot to counter them, but gameplay shouldnt be focused on taking them out, in my opinion.

The uav is fine as both teams can get it relatively fast and counter it relatively easy. It's a problem when you're on an unbalanced aka **** team, in which case I would just leave. If they can spam uavs constantly it's your team that just sucks at killing and playing the objective.

It's not hard to destroy uavs and they keep the game fast paced.

I would agree to the fact that COD 4 is the best one so far.  My bullets actually hit what i'm aiming at in that game.  I mean that's all i'm really asking for.

the AA launcher works perfectly fine. once you learn the maps and where to look for the UAV in the sky it's pretty quick and painless, you even get score for it so they're contributing to your scorestreak. All the magazines are big enough in the primary weapons to cover an engagement or two as long as you're not using an smg anyway.. hell when using an lmg you can reload like once every 5 kills depending how much you spray. Shooting through surfaces is fun :>

mmartin

I agree with the original poster, but I think it's just how everyone evolved and the community has evolved since COD4/WaW. The reality is, I think a lot of this is more mental than anything. This game is so fast paced and the spawns are so dynamic, the orange dot watchers will always lose. If you can "free yourself" from the obsession over the fact that a UAV is up and just play the game, you'll be amazed at how effective you'll be. If you're watching in front of you and the opponent is chasing dots on his mini map you will usually win when you meet up head to head.

The original poster is exactly right though. Absolutely everyone had a 3 kill UAV in COD4/WaW and it was just part of the game and people rarely ever used UAV Jammer. And there were no CUAVs and you couldn't shoot them down! It was just part of the game and it's what we fell in love with. To be honest, the pace of this game reminds me of COD4 because of the UAVs and the map size.

Yeah, I agree. I was a dot watcher in MW3, and I used recon, so I slayed in that game.

But the sweeping UAV is tricky, because you might see a dot that appears far away, but when you turn the corner, the guy is right in your face.

Sweeping UAV only gives a general sense of location, so you know if you've been flanked.

The main reason no one used UAV Jammer was Stopping Power